Wanted for Murder
    For her Killer Smile
    No books will be written
    No movies to be seen
    Wild West Jess
    Legendary Outlaw Queen

01/31/2005

Doug Denslowe said:

I finally got this all in one place!If you knew the hassle it was.......I hope you enjoy this,Doug
    Note:Although this is fiction,it is based on an ex-girlfriend of mine.Although she caused me so much pain,she did inspire the best songs I've ever written!Check out Never Say Never,Raven Beauty (of the night)Hurt me So,And don't miss Diablo Diane.They are all about the same woman.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Love it, Doug! Whoever writes hero stories about cowgirls? Nobody I know of, unless you go back the heyday of Hollywood/Broadway musicals!! Thanks for givin' a gal the power she deserves!

This is great poetry, Doug. I'm in love with the last complete verse!! However, the entire song is in your consistent, tight, bare-bones, very descriptive, can-almost-taste-it style!!

Doug Denslowe said:

Frankie;not many songs are written about Cowgirls.But,I can think of one,"Cowgirl In The Sand"by Neil Young.That's a Classic that is one of my favorites.

5. The Obscured said:

this. is. epic. I really like the whole idea of this man. Great job on this!
    We're a little bit stranger on the inside

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by The Obscured View Post
    this. is. epic. I really like the whole idea of this man. Great job on this!
    Obscured One;
    Thanks for the kind words,coming from you it has Double Impact!(There a Title for you!)

Frankie Jasmine said:

Re-reading your songs, which I do from time to time. Wild West Jess. What I really like about this FIRST of all, is the how well-done (excellent rhyme and rhythm) and interesting it is; how it moves along. I also like that it is longer than most songs I read; so there is more "meat" to digest!!! I'm no vegetarian!

8. LooknGlass said:

Great story Doug! She's kinda sexy..I like the next to the last verses the best. Good write and good read man.

Doug Denslowe said:

Thanks,Lookn'.I love the; Wanted for Murder,For her Killer Smile.I admit,that's pretty cool.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Re-reading your songs, which I do from time to time. Wild West Jess. What I really like about this FIRST of all, is the how well-done (excellent rhyme and rhythm) and interesting it is; how it moves along. I also like that it is longer than most songs I read; so there is more "meat" to digest!!! I'm no vegetarian!
    Thanks Frankie.I thought every line was good,I couldn't edit anything.I debated the order of the stanzas,however.I actually wrote this,as is,no re- arranging.Sometimes you get lucky.

11. lhunny said:

this one go....would like to hear this one with a beat...good job Doug

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by RickeyJoe View Post
    How'd I miss this one? Me likey, me likey a lot. Plus, my wife's name is Jess, even though it's about Jesse James I kind of think of her as wild. so that's kinda cool.
    I beg to differ,oh Cosmic One!This only mentions Jesse James in the opening stanza.This is about a cowgirl,not about a cowboy!I think you're selling Wild West Jess short thinking this piece is about Jesse James!!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by RickeyJoe View Post
    You're right. I read it too fast the last time I read it and didn't get the full breadth of it. I apologize. I like it even better now that I know it's not about Jesse James but about a cowgirl named Wild West Jess. That's cooler than an arctic breeze and hoppin' like a band of rockin' fleas.
    No problemo!Now you know how I feel when I do this exact thing while reading your stuff!(Although you post so much,and I do try to give you the deserved feedback!)Sometimes,when there's a number of songs to read through,I skim them,make a Reply,then,after I read it again and see what I've written...........sometimes I feel like a dope!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Frankie;not many songs are written about Cowgirls.But,I can think of one,"Cowgirl In The Sand"by Neil Young.That's a Classic that is one of my favorites.
    OMGoodness! Looked this one up on YouTube. My DH had this album when we met (and it's stored in our basement now as I speak/write!); don't know how long he had it before then . . . Anyway, you're right. But even though Neil has a great title, your song is better. And as you stated on a subsequent post, every line is good--and with that I agree. I love songs that come out right the first time--whether it's mine, yours, or someone else's. That alone makes it special, in some way more true, personal, intimate or something. Maybe fresh and true is a good description.

15. Peter Both said:

Great story line. With the opening lines about Jesse James the song immediately grabs everyone's attention and then the story unfolds without a weak spot. One tiny little nugget of criticism. Shoudn't it be martial arts instead of marshall arts? Or is the latter spelling also used in the US? Sorry for being so fastidious!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Both View Post
    Great story line. With the opening lines about Jesse James the song immediately grabs everyone's attention and then the story unfolds without a weak spot. One tiny little nugget of criticism. Shoudn't it be martial arts instead of marshall arts? Or is the latter spelling also used in the US? Sorry for being so fastidious!
    This has been posted since June of last year.You're the first one to point out my spelling error!I just corrected it from Marshall to Marshal.Now it's right at Martial.Thanks for the tip,I feel embarrassed when I make an error like this.

amaryn said:

No embarrasment needed at all. Well, made me kind of slightly amazed about that Legend of Survivor Of The Fittest, Doug.
    I can in the background feel the pain, though.
    Never draw my attention untill this afternoon. Very impressive, Doug. Keep surprising me!

amaryn said:

I also second Frankie on that detail, that this story is longer than the usual ones and that there's more to "eat", as it should, indeed.
    Even I, as one of the Treehuggers - so is she - am a carnivore and such a meal is therefore delicious.
    I suppose every cowgirl is into T bone steak

Doug Denslowe said:

Thanks for giving Jess another round of fame.Both she and I appreciate it.
    Oh,and keep hugging those trees,they might not always be around to hug.(Is that a chainsaw I hear in the background?)

amaryn said:

Oh, Doug! Too many chainsaws for far too many trees indeed. Glad my hearing has suffered from decibels

Decimaton of the worldpopulation before decimation of the rainforests,lol: Greetings from One Of Them Treehuggers