Circa 1994 dance song

Thread: Circa 1994 dance song

Tags: None
  1. bobnancy said:

Default Circa 1994 dance song

I have the audio. I only understand the words "Gloria" and "Hallelujah". It seems in an "Enigma" style.
    http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/nMHuI4z8/file.html
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by bobnancy; 02-15-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Hisky said:

I really wanted to get this one.

So I did a fair amount of digging: Ran it through Shazam several times; did multiple 'advanced' google searches with just about every keyword i could think of; also tried messing with the pitch & treble to understand the words at the end of the track...

...And I came out with nothing!

Looks like this may be a challenging one to ID, for me atleast. I'l give it another shot tomorrow.

Meanwhile, do you have any more details - i.e. Where did you find it? Also, a higher quality audio would definitely help.

3. bobnancy said:

I found it listening to an old tape recorded from the radio those years. It's almost impossible to get better quality audio because the tape is ruined (and also the only deck i have to play it...). I cleaned heads, pinch roller, adjusted azimuth, and this is all I could get...

4. bobnancy said:

OK. This sound way way better than before.
    http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/nMHuI4z8/file.html.
    I updated the first post link also.

Hisky said:

Good work! - I'll check it out later today.

Edit: So the higher quality did not help Shazam ID the track. It does however allow for slightly more audible vocals.

Listening to this new recording, It sounds to my ears very much like another language (specifically Italian). Unfortunately I only really speak English. But at the 1:14 mark in your clip, I hear "_ parlo" -- "i speak" in Italian. It's still very hard to make out - but this does fit in with "Gloria", which is Italian for 'Glory'.

I may be wrong, but my only advice to you now is to post this in a foreign language forum, and maybe somebody else will recognise the rest of the speech in the track. That's the only way I see this track being ID'd.

Good luck, and let me know if you find it!
    Last edited by Hisky; 02-17-2016 at 07:58 PM.