Tags: iran, persian
  1. HardWay said:

Default SOLVED:Please help me identify unknown song from Central Asia

Hello
    Please help me identify this song. I even don't know language
    https://app.box.com/s/x9dxszfa9factvny3zbv
    Thanks in advance

2. Isabella said:

Are you sure it is from Central Asia? Where do you have this song from?

3. HardWay said:

Hello
    This song was recorded from some radio in Kyrgyzstan in approximately 2011-2012 years, I don't remember by now. And I already asked people who confirmed it's not Kyrgyz language. So I think it's other one, maybe Uzbek, Azerbaijani or something from Russia (Dagestan) language.
    I've been searched this song for long time and any help for me will be great

4. Isabella said:

I just posted the song with the information included on another forum hoping that someone there knows it or at least recognizes the language.
    I also do like the song!

5. Isabella said:

On the other forum someone said that the language must be an Iranian language.
    Probably Persian, from Afghanistan, Iran or Tajikistan or maybe Kurdish. No Turcic language like Azeri.

6. HardWay said:

Good day!
    Thanks for hint, I'll try to dig it deeper.
    So for now I need someone from Iran or who speaks Dari or Tajik language who can confirm if this is Persian or any related language

7. Isabella said:

So you have Iranian friends? That's great, maybe they even know the title and singer. Please post it here if you find out!

8. Isabella said:

Hello,

I must update the info because I asked on again another forum where it was stated that the language is neither Indo-European nor Turcic but probably Avar (or maybe Chechen). So your first guess on the language being Dagestani might actually have been right since one of the users even recognized some Avar words but sadly could not translate.

I hope this helps you any further and sorry for confusing information but it's really hard to find out about those languages in English. So at best you also have Dagestani friends you can ask or try to find someone at VK who knows the song.

Please answer if you know anything new!

Good night!

9. HardWay said:

Hello once again!
    I also had thought it could be some Dagestani language or even Cherkess-related. I don't have friends from there. I wrote a message to human from Afghanistan who speaks Dari and Pashto but it's very low probability if he come and answer me

ARMENIAtheBEAUTIFUL said:

All I can tell you is that it is not in Armenian.

I am hearing some words (like "dunyam") that suggest it may be a language of Turkic people (although it is definitely not Turkish (or the Azerbaijani dialect of Turkish) either). Also, a lot of the words sound like there may be Persian influence (although definitely not Farsi either). Based on that and that you say you recorded it in Kyrgyzstan, I'm almost convinced it's a Central Asian language.

I wish I could be of more help.

11. HardWay said:

Thanks for hints
    Still need the name of this song

12. HardWay said:

This topic can be closed
    Руслан Гасанов — Мысли сердца
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK1KGRiGpZQ