SOLVED:Song early 80s

Thread: SOLVED:Song early 80s

Tags: None
  1. Patxi said:

Default SOLVED:Song early 80s

Hi All, when I was a teenager I loved this song. I got it recorded in a tape, but years later i lost it. It was a disco song...more or less.It was sang by a woman with incredible voice.
    I have written in my brain part of the main part of the song which said:

'Love, is the way to touch my heart
    Is the way to reach my soul
    what I need ever and ever (....)'

The song, repeated 'Happiness', so recently I thought it could be easy to find but I am not sure 'Happiness' is the title....I heard it for the first time in 1983 or perhaps 1984, drums sounded everywhere in the song....Somebody recorded it in a tape for me, and it was the maxi single version so the song was round 6 minutes or so...

Does anybody know title and singer of the song I recall from my youth?

It would be great!!

Thanks in advance

2. wurzlsepp said:

A catchy song! No wonder it remained in your memories. It's called "Big Funk - Happiness"
    You can listen to song here: https://bit.ly/2s88lXg

3. Patxi said:

Ha, ha!!!. That's it!!. 1983.....Thanks a lot!!. 30 years since I didn't hear it......This is the single version. However, what is the title of the song? Big funk - Happiness?. Or Big funk is the name of the band and title is Happiness?. I haven't find anything about a band called Big Funk....do you know?.

4. Patxi said:

Yeah!!!....very catchy song.....

5. wurzlsepp said:

Songtitle : Happiness
    Artist: Big Funk
    Vocalist: Albane Alcalay aka Albana White or just "Albane"

Imho, it's the version you talked about (5:32 min) and there's no longer edit. At least i found none
    Last edited by wurzlsepp; 05-26-2018 at 07:54 AM.

6. Patxi said:

Thank you so much. I have tried to find something about the artist. She is French!!!. I was completely sure she was British or American.

Thanks!