Song I heard in spring 2001

Thread: Song I heard in spring 2001

Tags: None
  1. newsjunkie said:

Default Song I heard in spring 2001

Hi, I am looking for a pop song I think I remember hearing in spring 2001 on pop radio in Europe (Italy and Germany) but it was in English and probably an American song.
    I think it was a woman singing but with a deepish voice and started with a line like "Everywhere/Every place that I go...." and I think the go part was drawn out quite a bit at the end. I think the word "every" repeated itself in later lines.
    It's possible that later lines included bits like "that I know" and/or "that I see" and possibly a line that is something like "every path that I take" but I'm not sure.
    It was kind of a contemplative, slow, maybe a little melancholy song. In style and tone it reminds me a bit of Melanie C's Never Be the Same again but I'm sure it's a different song. I remember what that that one bit "every place that I go" sounds like and could hum it but not sure whether or how to share that here.

2. BOEING21 said:

3. newsjunkie said:

No, it's not that one. I think it's slower and less upbeat, and I think the singer was a woman, though with a deepish voice. And I've heard the Police song more in the past years than I have the other one.