SOLVED:identifying a mostly instrumental quiet storm song in rotation on KBLX in 1981

Thread: SOLVED:identifying a mostly instrumental quiet storm song in rotation on KBLX in 1981

Tags: None
  1. neopostretro said:

Default SOLVED:identifying a mostly instrumental quiet storm song in rotation on KBLX in 1981

Back in 1981 when I was living in the SF Bay area and listening religiously to KBLX 102.9 ("The Quiet Storm"), there was a song that was heavily played around the end of 1981, which was almost entirely instrumental except for an occasional single lyric, something like "my sweet mamma", that was used almost like a part of the instrumentation. I have a vague recollection that it might have been called "Song for my mother" or something like that. I loved this song, but I can't for the life of me figure out who did it or where to find it. I know it's not much to go on but maybe someone out there knows what I'm referring to? I'd love to track this down. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. wurzlsepp said:

3. neopostretro said:

That's it, and within 15 minutes of posting as well! Thanks for finding this! I've been looking for many years. (Got thrown off I guess that the pertinent lyrics are in Spanish.)

[By the way, I posted this response shortly after you responded, but though the original post got marked as SOLVED, my thanks reply never showed up, so I'm reposting.]