SOLVED:Name of artist Name of song please

Thread: SOLVED:Name of artist Name of song please

Tags: None
  1. trumpetmusicman said:

Default SOLVED:Name of artist Name of song please

I hear it at work, I've heard it before and would like to download this song. Anyway, it's kind of a soft rock ( it's played at work), It's kind of a Dalton gang western mystery and sounds sad. Before the lyrics begin, there's a drum rim vamp. The refrain is, by my way, find my way, go my way, something like that. I got the last lyric line and it repeats twice and is 'lonesome river'. What's neat about this tune and why I would like to download it is that it has a distinctive guitar solo in it, sounds like a hollow body but not sure.

After reading suggestions on getting a response, I heard the song played in the U.S., through satellite radio at work. As far as what decade, sounds like it could be 70's but that's tough to say with soft rock tunes. The satellite radio at work will play 70's through 2000's in soft rock genre.
    Last edited by trumpetmusicman; 06-30-2018 at 11:36 PM.

2. trumpetmusicman said:

I heard it again at work and I feel obligated to let people know because I see that over 100 people have looked at this thread. Anyway I was at work, on break under the speaker and got more of the lyrics. The artist is Bruce Hornsby and the song name is Across the River. Looks like it was actually released in 1990. Thanks to all who viewed and gave it a look.