Who can name this well known south american style trumpet song?

Thread: Who can name this well known south american style trumpet song?

Tags: None
  1. sinatraisking said:

Default Who can name this well known south american style trumpet song?

Amazon.com

Click above and go to 00:25 to hear what Im talking about, what you are listenting to is a remix and Im unable to find the original I have heard before but cant remember the name I suspect it may be a south american old song but dont know..

logan01 said:

I heard about a 5-8 second snippet. Based on that, it was difficult for me to say whether or not it had that "south of the border" sound. If it is, I would begin with Herb Alpert / Tijuana Brass. There was a band called Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66. They (both bands) did mostly "south of the border" music as it was commonly known. After that there would be a gazillion Mariachi bands to investigate.

3. sinatraisking said:

Thanks for the ideas, I went through the artists you mentioned and some "best of mariachi" cd samples on amazon but nothing as of yet. I also strayed to genres of ska, bossa nova and samba but havent got anything. I do suspect it may be less mexican in its origin and more brazilian maybe caribbean?

4. sinatraisking said:

Still havent found the song despite listening to hours of samples of the best of ska, best of carribean.

Someone out there must know!!?????!!!???

F A B Scott said:

Is it not Magic Carpet Ride as it is? [I mean, not a remix]
    YouTube - Mighty Dub Katz - Magic Carpet Ride