Continuous

Verse 1: You’re as unsavoury as caviar and relish / a taste some acquire with glee / while others remain repulsed / I’ve known you long enough / to see your operatic moods / with jealousy towards colours / you often mimic their appeal / without realizing your own limitations / you assemble traumatic events for entertainment purposes / blocking joy from breaking through the shields of misery / when despair functions as a common virus / it infects everything to the core, slowly and painfully / these are all your heavens / while many are trapped in their hells

Verse 2: Dogs are treated like royalty / placed on pedestals and worshiped / I’m viewed as trash or invisible / with no rights and dreams / hope is just another word / when nothing changes for the better / a pie in the sky with whipped cream / and a double cherry sundae / these are all your heavens / while I’m trapped in my hells

Verse 3: This maze of yours is carefully built / and that is not a compliment / although you will take it as such / with the biggest of smiles / escaping is daring and difficult / staying put is worse on a grander scale / many abhor all your heavens / while being trapped inside your hells

Bridge: You force feed me watermelon / you force feed me fried chicken / you’re throwing everything to the wall / to see if it sticks / you’re as persistent as a gnat, you never quit / you’re always watching, you’re always listening, you’re always thinking / you are the father of all

Chorus 1: The songs and films are continuous / even during deep, peaceful sleep / we become lesser and robotic / in worlds we’re forced to navigate

Chorus 2: The blame and shame are continuous / even during deep, peaceful sleep / we become lesser and robotic / in worlds we’re forced to navigate

Chorus 3: The fear and hunger are continuous / even during deep, peaceful sleep / we become lesser and robotic / in worlds we’re forced to navigate

Written by B. (Saturday, July 21, 2018) Copyright 2018