The Sweetest Lemon

Verse 1: There are lies and slander creeping into our ears / gossip rises up like dust and settles on our skin / we become discoloured and distracted / wearing a style which is foreign to us / always thinking we're fierce and fab / while the emptiness within doesn't dissipate / we are taught to suppress all that which is true / rising higher is rarely encouraged

Verse 2: Rivers of fear flowing around our hearts / stifling without mercy and reprieve / precious energy being given away / lower heads with subordinate minds / we wrestle with ideals and images / maybe we can be more than our current selves / we are taught to suppress all that which is true / thinking big is rarely encouraged

Bridge 1: You are fair and genuine, deeply disciplined / knowing exactly what your worth is / all the colours live inside of you, real and vibrant / the only language you speak is life

Bridge 2: You try to plant smiles on every sour face / infusing others with your higher vibes / when the memories of greatness slowly resurface / you begin to innerstand your purpose

Chorus 1: Instead of crawling, I see you soaring / through the open skies and beyond / you are the best / yes, you are the sweetest lemon to me

Chorus 2: Buffy boys and sway girls abound / getting louder with each day / but you are the best / yes, you are the sweetest lemon to me

Chorus 3: Vicious ***** and silly ****** abound / getting louder with each day / but you are the best / yes, you are the best / you are the best / you'll always be the sweetest lemon to me / the sweetest lemon to me

Written by B. (Wednesday, April 17, 2019) Copyright 2019