More Than My Body

Verse 1: When you step outside, I am on your mind / you cannot release me from your memory / being closer to me is what you want to achieve / it goes beyond your dreams, not a simple fantasy / without shame in the way you approach the game / begging, pleading, a whole lot of disruption / a lack of substance in what you are offering / refusing to acknowledge the dimensions of my being / without understanding, confusion reigns supreme / side by side with foolishness and ignorance

Verse 2: I won't conform to your philosophies / by being a puppet or a toy / if you want something easy, create your own Pinocchio / illusions will render you adequately satisfied / I want to experience the sun and stars / something that exist, realness beyond measure / anything fake is a slap in the face / pretending to be naturally pure and whole / without self-acceptance, confusion reigns supreme / side by side with unrealized potential

Verse 3: Language is overrated / silence holds the keys to the mind and heart / if you listen intently / connections are like fruit, necessary and sweet / there are no replacements, no better alternatives / when it's genuine, others are rising with you / gaining through the years valuable perspectives / collecting the jewels in the midst of wild traveling / part of a growing world of awareness and gratitude / chosen to be special, forever unbreakable / without firm belief, confusion reigns supreme / side by side with recklessness

Chorus: I am more than my body / more than my hair, more than my eyes and lips / I am more than my body / more than my nails, more than thighs and feet / I am more than my body / more than my *****, more than my nose and **** / I am more than my body / more than the senses, more than the motions / I am more than my body / more than anything you could possibly know

Written by B. (Thursday, April 25, 2019) Copyright 2019