Jafra wya harraba3

Thread: Jafra wya harraba3

Tags: None

gbasfora said:

Default Jafra wya harraba3

Hi,

Could someone translate into english the Palestinian song Jafra ?

Thanks in advance

[MEE6bZe942k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEE6bZe942k[/video]

جفرا ويا الربع بين البساتين
    مجروح جرح الهوا يا مين يداويني
    ويا حاملة جريتك ميلي واسقيني
    بلكي التم الجرح من شربة الميا

جفرا وهي يا الربع ونقول استنوني
    ما بنسى اقطاف الشجر وحبات الزيتوني
    مابنسى منسف هلي وخبزات الطابوني
    مهباج دق القوي وسهرات الليلية

والبنت تقول لاميها يمة بدي مية
    عشرين من اهل البلد وعشرين غربية
    وعشرين يلمو الحطب وعشرين للميا
    وعشرين يدقو الكحل تكحل عينيا

gbasfora said:

Hi,

Since no one translated it, I did it myself

Jafra w ya harraba3 bayn elbasateeni//Oh my friends, Jafra is among the groves
    majrou7 jer7 elhawa ya men iedaweeni//I was hurt by love. Ah who will take care of me?
    Ya 7amli jarridich mili w es2eeni//Oh water seller come to quench my thirst.
    Balki eltam eljare7 men shourbet elmaya//I wish the wound would be healed by a sip of water

Jafra w ya harrab3 w et2oul estanouni//Oh my friends, Jafra is telling us : wait for me
    Ma bansa a2taf esh shajar w 7abbat ezzaytouni//I won't forget to pick the olives from the olive trees
    Ma bansa mansaf hali w khoubzat ettabouni//I will not forget to eat lamb with dry curd and bread
    Mehbaj da2 el2aouy w sahrat ellaylya//And the beats of the coffee pestle and the parties

W elbint ta2oul lammiha youma beddi miy//And the young woman said: Mom I want 100 dinars
    3ashreen men ahl elbalad w 3ashreen ghourbiy//20 of the villagers and 20 of those who emigrated
    W 3ashreen yelmou el7atab w 3ashreen lelmaya//20 to buy firewood and another 20 to buy water
    W 3ashreen yedi2ou chi77al tacha77al 2aynaya//And 20 to buy eye liner to have my eyebrows threaded
    Last edited by gbasfora; 08-18-2021 at 09:06 AM.