Rocksong from the 1980s

Thread: Rocksong from the 1980s

Tags: None
  1. Vidaura said:

Default Rocksong from the 1980s

Second attempt at my first post. The first time I tried, I only saw a short message that my post should be checked by an admin; I hope this won't be a double-post. Anyway...

So, it's about a rock song that has stuck with me for 35 years. It's a bit like "American Girl" by Tom Petty, but not quite as fast. I heard the song in the supermarket in Germany where I was working at the time, which was from 1985-1989, so I would say it must have come out in the first half or middle of the 1980s. I'm not a native English speaker. So about the only line of lyrics I remember from the chorus, I can only say that I think I heard that:

"Have you seen Marilyn Monroe
    walking down (on?) the street? "
    Last edited by Vidaura; 04-18-2022 at 11:27 AM.

2. Vidaura said:

Okay, I guess I have to use violence after all, you didn't want it any other way . The chorus goes something like this: https://vocaroo.com/1gYdRf5sfIxs

3. Vidaura said:

Still searching...

4. Claybricks said:

5. Vidaura said:

No, unfortunately it wasn't this song

6. Vidaura said:

Still searching...

7. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by Vidaura View Post
    Second attempt at my first post. The first time I tried, I only saw a short message that my post should be checked by an admin; I hope this won't be a double-post. Anyway...

So, it's about a rock song that has stuck with me for 35 years. It's a bit like "American Girl" by Tom Petty, but not quite as fast. I heard the song in the supermarket in Germany where I was working at the time, which was from 1985-1989, so I would say it must have come out in the first half or middle of the 1980s. I'm not a native English speaker. So about the only line of lyrics I remember from the chorus, I can only say that I think I heard that:

"Have you seen Marilyn Monroe
    walking down (on?) the street? "
    Foghat - Zig Zag Walk {1983}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O38S85pKmtM

Dan