Τρεις το πρωί- Γιώργος Μαζωνάκης

Thread: Τρεις το πρωί- Γιώργος Μαζωνάκης

Tags: None
  1. dya said:

Default Τρεις το πρωί- Γιώργος Μαζωνάκης

Considering it was almost three o'clock in the morning when I went to bed, and still trying to recover my minds after the lack of sleep, I thought the best way to revive my neurons would be to make them work!!!

Will someone grade me for this, παρακαλώ.... Ευχαριστώ!

Τρεις το πρωί- (It's) Three in the morning

Τρεις το πρωί, - Three in the morning
    το προσωπό σου ραγισμένο στο μυαλό μου, --Your crying/devastated/face in my mind ?????
    στα γκρίζα φώτα σε ζητώ - In the grey lights I ask from you/demand you
    και δεν αντέχω να μιλώ στον εαυτό μου,- And I can't endure to tell myself
    για σένα μόνο ξενυχτώ ... - only for you/because of you I stay out ???

Δεν ξέρω αύριο πού θα 'μαι, - I don't know tommorow where I'll be
    αν σε ξεχάσω, αν σε θυμάμαι. - If I forget you, if I'll remember you
    Δεν ξέρω αύριο πού θα 'μαι, - I don't know tomorrow where 'll be
    απόψε χάνομαι για σένα - Tonight I lose myself for you
    και φοβάμαι! And I'm afraid!

Τρεις το πρωί, Three in the morning
    την μοναξιά μου στο κρεβάτι πάλι στρώνω, In the lonlyness of my bed
    βουλιάζω μέσα στο κενό. I sag in the emptyness(void)
    με τις σιωπές σου την καρδία μου να κλειδώνω, With your silence I lock my heart ?????
    τι είναι απ' όλα αληθινό ... What is above all true/real...

Δεν ξέρω αύριο πού θα 'μαι,
    αν σε ξεχάσω, αν σε θυμάμαι.
    απόψε χάνομαι για σένα
    και φοβάμαι!

2. azimut said:

Will someone grade me for this, παρακαλώ....

... is it "someone" you are refering to ?!? ... or, perhaps the "forum's tutor" ... ... LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

That is a BIG "title" to "self-appoint" !!! ... hahahahaha

Anyway, ... I guess I am a "someone" ... !!! ...

Here we go, then ...

To be is to do - Plato
    To do is to be - Socrates
    Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra

3. azimut said:

Τρεις το πρωί- (It's) Three in the morning

Well, I guess "the morning" was a good "hint" that this is about "time"
    το προσωπό σου ραγισμένο στο μυαλό μου, --Your crying/devastated/face in my mind ?????
    your face "cracked" in my mind
    στα γκρίζα φώτα σε ζητώ - In the grey lights I ask from you/demand you
    ... I am looking for you in (the) grey lights
    και δεν αντέχω να μιλώ στον εαυτό μου,- And I can't endure to tell myself
    and I cannot bear talking to myself
    για σένα μόνο ξενυχτώ ... - only for you/because of you I stay out ???
    I stay up all night because of you only (only for your sake)

Δεν ξέρω αύριο πού θα 'μαι, - I don't know tommorow where I'll be
    αν σε ξεχάσω, αν σε θυμάμαι. - If I will forget you, if I'll remember you
    Δεν ξέρω αύριο πού θα 'μαι, - I don't know tomorrow where 'll be
    απόψε χάνομαι για σένα - Tonight I lose myself for you
    και φοβάμαι! And I'm afraid!

την μοναξιά μου στο κρεβάτι πάλι στρώνω, In the lonlyness of my bed
    I make my bed with my loneliness (yet) again
    βουλιάζω μέσα στο κενό. I sag in the emptyness(void)
    με τις σιωπές σου την καρδία μου να κλειδώνω, With your silence I lock my heart ?????
    with your silences, my heart to lock (to be locking)
    τι είναι απ' όλα αληθινό ... What is above all true/real...
    what from all (things) is true

αν σε ξεχάσω, αν σε θυμάμαι.
    απόψε χάνομαι για σένα
    και φοβάμαι!

"dya" ... I will suggest you don't do the "stay-up-all-night" thing ... it is NOT for you, my dear ... ... because I KNOW the "work above" is NOT "done" by the "usual dya neurons" ... !!! ... !!! ... LOL LOL LOL ... ... ... HOWEVER, it just shows how "very good" you actually ARE, for doing "this" even under "these circumstances" ... !!! ... !!! ... so, VERY WELL DONE, once again !!! ... !!! ...

To be is to do - Plato

omorfi said:

Hello my two night owls!

Don't know if you will be here tonight or not.. Just gonna say that I'm going on a "wine-evening", and probably will be back later... but I warn you if you are here then.. I might be "weird".. LOL.

But then again maybe all the food I have had "absorb" the alcohol for me, hahaha..
    "Ποιος ταξιδεύει στα μάτια σου;
    Και ποιός ξαγρυπνά στο κορμί σου;
    Μάτια μπλε στα μεγάλα ταξίδια σου
    Θα'μαι εδώ θα'μαι πάντα μαζί σου"

5. dya said:

Ευχαριστώ!!!

First of all, you are Someone!!!!
    Second of all, you may want to explain this:
    "because I KNOW the "work above" is NOT "done" by the "usual dya neurons" ... Does it mean that my work was very poor this time or that it was good but due to an exceptional situation, cause normally my neurons don't work like that?! LOL! LOL!!!!

As for stay-up-all-night, don't worry! I don't do that too often!!! Morning bird, remember? Anyway, I had a little nani just now, and I feel better.

A few questions...of course....LOL!!....

6. dya said:

Hi Omorfi!!! Hopefully I'll be here when you come back! Hopefully you'll be "amused" enough to have another crazy talk!!!LOL!!!

7. dya said:

My questions for tonight.... παρακαλώ!!!

1. το προσωπό σου ραγισμένο στο μυαλό μου, - your face "cracked" in my mind
    Well, this word, ραγισμένο, almost drove me crazy today!!! So, is it a verb? cause I found it as adjective!!!

2.στα γκρίζα φώτα σε ζητώ - ... I am looking for you in (the) grey lights

Why did you translate σε ζητώ like "I am looking for you" and not like "I'm asking you"? I know ζητώ means to ask/demand. Wait! Hmmm...the other song, where you explained about ζητώ to me had the title : Μην μου ζητας and you said it means "Don't ask from me"(like don't ask me this!) Which means that "I ask you "should be: σου ζητώ...?

3. για σένα μόνο ξενυχτώ ... - I stay up all night because of you only (only for your sake)
    In my poor f..... dictionary I found ξενυχτώ as "stay out". Does it also have this meaning?

4. την μοναξιά μου στο κρεβάτι πάλι στρώνω,- I make my bed with my loneliness (yet) again. This is a stupid question, I know, but I have to ask it!!!LOL!!Why "την μοναξιά μου" is "with my lonliness"? Why "with" ? Now, if this question is indeed too stupid to be answerd, ignore it!!! LOL!!!

Thank you again....

8. dya said:

Omorfi, if you're still around! Have a great time tonight!!!

9. azimut said:

My questions for tonight.... παρακαλώ!!!

I wouldn't think for a moment that ... there would be a Mazonakis thread, WITHOUT a "thread of questions" ... LOL LOL LOL

SO, ok ... here we go again ... !!! ...

1. το προσωπό σου ραγισμένο στο μυαλό μου, - your face "cracked" in my mind
    Well, this word, ραγισμένο, almost drove me crazy today!!! So, is it a verb? cause I found it as adjective!!!

Like ALL "verbs", dya mou, ... their "participle" becomes an "adjective" ...

To be is to do - Plato

10. dya said:

Yes, I know the participle becomes adjective, but you translated it as verb and I'm confused wether this form ραγισμένο is verb or adjective here. It's like your face cracks in my mind OR your face appears cracked in my mind( meaning I see in my mind this image with your cracked face ) I suppose it's in its participial form here....isn't it?

11. azimut said:

Quote Originally Posted by dya View Post

2.στα γκρίζα φώτα σε ζητώ - ... I am looking for you in (the) grey lights

Why did you translate σε ζητώ like "I am looking for you" and not like "I'm asking you"? I know ζητώ means to ask/demand. Wait! Hmmm...the other song, where you explained about ζητώ to me had the title : Μην μου ζητας and you said it means "Don't ask from me"(like don't ask me this!) Which means that "I ask you "should be: σου ζητώ...?

THIS ... I have no words to describe ... exceptional "usaul dya neurons" ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... (got it now ?!? ) ...

VERY WELL DONE !!!

To be is to do - Plato

12. azimut said:

Yes, I know the participle becomes adjective, but you translated it as verb and I'm confused wether this form ραγισμένο is verb or adjective here. It's like your face cracks in my mind OR your face appears cracked in my mind( meaning I see in my mind this image with your cracked face ) I suppose it's in its participial form here....isn't it?
    Yes, ... I do believe this to be the case ... ...
    To be is to do - Plato

13. dya said:

Quote Originally Posted by azimut View Post
    THIS ... I have no words to describe ... exceptional "usaul dya neurons" ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... (got it now ?!? ) ...

VERY WELL DONE !!!

Ευχαριστώ!!!!I got it now!
    See, I am learning what you teach me! ....

14. azimut said:

3. για σένα μόνο ξενυχτώ ... - I stay up all night because of you only (only for your sake)
    In my poor f..... dictionary I found ξενυχτώ as "stay out". Does it also have this meaning?

LANGUAGE, "dya" ... !!! ...

well the "noun" ... "ξενύχτι" in MY ... QUITE GOOD Dictionary ... it says : "sleepless night" , "staying up all night" ...

and the "verb" ... "ξενυχτίζω" ... "to stay up all night" , "to keep someone up (all night)"

HOWEVER, dya ... I repeatedly explicated "words" to you by their "etymological" meaning ... ... ... you see, "Greek" is "quite a female" language in nature ... it is "alive" ... and gives "birth" to "understandings of articulation" ... ... ...

Therefore, I DO believe, you would be in a position to "translate" this word yourself, by ... "interpreting" it ... !!! ...

To be is to do - Plato

15. azimut said:

4. την μοναξιά μου στο κρεβάτι πάλι στρώνω,- I make my bed with my loneliness (yet) again. This is a stupid question, I know, but I have to ask it!!!LOL!!Why "την μοναξιά μου" is "with my lonliness"? Why "with" ? Now, if this question is indeed too stupid to be answerd, ignore it!!! LOL!!!

No question is stupid !!! ... ... ... "Stupid", is ... "no question" !!! ... ...

the "verb" ... στρώνω means "to make the bed", or "make the table" ... whatever needs "sorting out" ...

Here, "loneliness" ... is used as "sheets" and "bed covers" ... that is why I just used "with" ... because in English one "makes the bed with bed sheets" ... ... ...

Is it clear now ?!? ...
    To be is to do - Plato

16. dya said:

aha, now it makes sense! Do you know how much I struggled with this one, too? I could see the word νύχτα in it so I assumed it has got soething to do with staying .....somehow at night!! LOL!! Now if I look at the entire word I can also notice the end too ζω, I live and, yes, all these put together mean To stay UP all night (to live all night)! Am I on a good path here?

17. dya said:

No question is stupid !!! ... ... ... "Stupid", is ... "no question" !!! ... ...
    No worries from my part! There'll always be questions to ask!!!

the "verb" ... στρώνω means "to make the bed", or "make the table" ... whatever needs "sorting out" ...

Here, "loneliness" ... is used as "sheets" and "bed covers" ... that is why I just used "with" ... because in English one "makes the bed with bed sheets" ... ... ...

Is it clear now ?!? ...
    Ναι, κύριε!!!
    So, if I want to say that I make the bed I say: στρώνω to κρεβάτι . If I want to say I arrange the table (for dinner, for example) I say: στρώνω το τραπεζι. Correct?

18. azimut said:

aha, now it makes sense! Do you know how much I struggled with this one, too? I could see the word νύχτα in it so I assumed it has got soething to do with staying .....somehow at night!! LOL!! Now if I look at the entire word I can also notice the end too ζω, I live and, yes, all these put together mean To stay UP all night (to live all night)! Am I on a good path here?
    Actually, ... the "prefix" ... "ξε" ... is to denote a "negation" ... ... ... !!! ...

I just had a look again in "my dictionary" and it also calls it ...
    "imperative particle" ...
    also as ... "verb particle meaning pass/spend" ...
    also as ... "privative/negative noun particle meaning lost quality" ...

... I told you it is QUITE GOOD !!! ... ...

To be is to do - Plato

19. azimut said:

So, if I want to say that I make the bed I say: στρώνω to κρεβάτι . If I want to say I arrange the table (for dinner, for example) I say: στρώνω το τραπεζι. Correct?

Μπράβο "dya" !!! ... Άριστα και πάλι !!!

To be is to do - Plato

20. dya said:

Ευχαριστώ!!!!

Guess what I'm doing now? Hint: all the questions for this translation were answered, soooo....LOL!