~song To Wedding Waltz To~

Thread: ~song To Wedding Waltz To~

Tags: None
  1. Lou22 said:

Smile ~song To Wedding Waltz To~

Hi guys. I need a song to do a traditional wedding waltz to. Something with really nice lyrics but with 3 beats to a bar. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!!!
  2. claritas said:

oldies:
    "May Each Day" by Andy Williams
    "Could I Have This Dance" by Anne Murray

whimsical:
    "It Is You (I Have Loved)" from Shrek
    "Rainbow Connection" from The Muppet Movie

remarriages:
    "Second Time Around" performed by Nancy Wilson
  3. Lou22 said:

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for that. Will have to give the first few a listen... not too sure about rainbow connection though!!! LOL.
    Thanks again.
  4. claritas said:

Yeah, Rainbow Connection is definitely on the whimsical side.

It's actually rather hard to find a nice waltz at about ~95 beats per minute that isn't extremely long (>3 min is kind of long).

I forgot one other one:
    "Only One Road" by Celine Dion

There are probably lots of country waltzes, but I don't collect those...

There are also lots of instrumental waltzes out there (no lyrics): Childsplay for more traditional string ensemble stuff, Secret Garden for new age music.

sparrow said:

Smile

Hello. I know nothing about " 3 beats to a bar " and I'm a little unclear if you yourself are the one getting hitched or of your age and music styles but here's a really soft and sweet sounding song by a Country artist named Vince Gill. " Look At Us " is the title. You could " showcase " it as a " pre " song meaning, that you
    and your Beloved are looking with much Joy to growing old together. You could even " dedicate / designate " only long- term married / or committed couples to
    graciously come to the dance floor, to honor those who still have a " twinkle " in their eye(s) for one another.

Artist
    (Scroll till you find Look At Us).

Lyrics:Vince Gill - Look At Us Lyrics - Look At Us - Lyrics On Demand

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOURS!.
  6. Lou22 said:

Smile Thankyou

Thankyou for your reply!! I'm going to have a listen to this song... We have actually picked the song we are going to do our first dance to, however I do have a great idea for the song you suggested!!

My partner and I are taking private dance lessons (which no one knows about) so we're actually doing our wedding waltz the moment we walk into the reception so the photographers can catch the expressions on our parents faces!!

Anyway... I was thinking of using your song where couples would "traditionally" do their wedding waltz and do what you said in regards to inviting 'special' couples up onto the floor!

Thanks so much and I can't wait to listen to the song!!!

Cheers, Alana