Hande Yener - Kibir

Thread: Hande Yener - Kibir

Tags: None

Thin Air said:

Arrow Hande Yener - Kibir

One of Turkey's most respected artist; Hande, has just released another album. With it, comes "Kibir" which is the first single which I'm sure is being played all over Turkish radio and TV stations.

So to celebrate this special ocassion, can anyone kindly translate this song for us:

Kibir /

Harcadım hırpaladım /
    Çok zarar verdim beni affet /
    İnsan tuhaf ne hoyrat /
    Ne şaheser ve nasıl ilkel hayret /

Kibir bir canavar gibi /
    Bekliyor pusuda /
    Tıpkı bir volkan gibi uykusunda /
    Kalbini kurban veriyor /

Sen aşkın talibi o galibi /
    Olmaya tutkun yok korkusuda /
    Küçük bir hayat var biliyor /

Yanmam lazım daha yol almam lazım /
    Kendimden caymam lazım zor... /

marmaris said:

Kibir /Arrogance

Harcadım hırpaladım /l spent,i treated roughly
    Çok zarar verdim beni affet /i damaged so much,forgive me
    İnsan tuhaf ne hoyrat /human is strange,what a rough
    Ne şaheser ve nasıl ilkel hayret /what a superior and how primitive,Gosh!

Kibir bir canavar gibi /arrogance is like a monster
    Bekliyor pusuda /wating in ambush
    Tıpkı bir volkan gibi uykusunda /just like a volcano in sleeping
    Kalbini kurban veriyor /giving its heart to victim

Sen aşkın talibi o galibi /you are desirious to love,but it is victorious to love)
    Olmaya tutkun yok korkusuda /you havent both passion and fair ro be
    Küçük bir hayat var biliyor /it knows there is a little life

Yanmam lazım daha yol almam lazım /i must burn,i must proceed much more
    Kendimden caymam lazım zor... /i must give up myself,it is hard

marmaris said:

with a big probability,Hande Yener will be our Eurovision represent in 2008

l want song to be like a ''Kırmızı or Aşkın Ateşi''

Thin Air said:

Quote Originally Posted by marmaris View Post
    with a big probability,Hande Yener will be our Eurovision represent in 2008
    Thank you for the translation Marmaris.

I ran across this article regarding Hande and Eurovision. Can you please tell us what it says:

Hande Yener, Eurovision şarkı yarışmasmasıyla ilgili ilginç bir açıklamada bulundu.

Hande Yener, menajerliğini, aynı zamanda da stil danışmanlığını yapan sevgilisi Kadir Doğulu ile birlikte geldiği Anjelique'den keyifli ayrıldı. Eurovision için TRT'den teklif almanın heyecanını yaşayan Hande Yener, "İki gün içinde olay netleşecek" dedi. Eurovision'da Türkiye'yi temsil ederek dördüncü olan Kenan Doğulu'nun performansını çok beğendiğini ifade eden Yener, "Kenan Doğulu'nun 4. olmasını başarılı buluyor ve tebrik ediyorum. Güzel bir sonuç ama ben birinci olmayı tercih ediyorum" diyerek iddialı konuştu.

marmaris said:

Quote Originally Posted by Thin Air View Post
    Thank you for the translation Marmaris.

I ran across this article regarding Hande and Eurovision. Can you please tell us what it says:

Hande Yener, Eurovision şarkı yarışmasmasıyla ilgili ilginç bir açıklamada bulundu.

Hande Yener, menajerliğini, aynı zamanda da stil danışmanlığını yapan sevgilisi Kadir Doğulu ile birlikte geldiği Anjelique'den keyifli ayrıldı. Eurovision için TRT'den teklif almanın heyecanını yaşayan Hande Yener, "İki gün içinde olay netleşecek" dedi. Eurovision'da Türkiye'yi temsil ederek dördüncü olan Kenan Doğulu'nun performansını çok beğendiğini ifade eden Yener, "Kenan Doğulu'nun 4. olmasını başarılı buluyor ve tebrik ediyorum. Güzel bir sonuç ama ben birinci olmayı tercih ediyorum" diyerek iddialı konuştu.
    sure l can translate and thanks for this part..
    ''Hande Yener and whose darling who make her manajerness and her style mentor Kadir Doğulu left the Anjelique in good mood.Hande Yener who lives with excitement with offering to participate Eurovision said ''event will be clear in two days''.and she stated that she loved the performance of Kenan Doğulu who represented Turkey and became 4th.She talked pretentiously ''l am finding Kenan's to be 4th succesful and l appreciated him,this is a good result but l prefer to be 1st''

Hande Yener can be good decision for turkey but l prefer Tarkan...l wish he would have accepted the offer

Thin Air said:

I ran across this small article about Hande Yener and her possible show at Eurovision.

Can you someone kindly just trasnlate the main points outlined in the article please: Hürriyet - Hande'den geri adım

Thanks

marmaris said:

hmm actually she wants to join ESC..but there was a explanation from TRT that they wont propose her like this thing..and so she decied to explain and says:
    Ben Eurovision teklifini albümün tanıtım basın toplantısında basının önünde Erol Köse’ den duydum. Sevindim ve sıcak baktığımı söyledim ancak ben böyle bir teklifi resmi olarak almadım ve bu konu benim için muallakta kaldı. Ancak daha sonrasında bir gelişme olmadı ve bende yanlış bir bilgiyle kimseyi kandırmamak için bu açıklamayı yapma gereği duydum.Eurovision konusu benim için kapandı… Bu konuyla ilgili sorularınızı lütfen Erol Köse’ye yönlendirin.Teşekkür eder, sevgilerimi sunarım.

''l heard the news from Erol Köse,i was happy and l was warm to ESC..but there wasnt any progress after it.i dont wanna deceive anybody..so l thought l must explain this.Eurovision is closed for me for the present..pls asl your questions to Erol Köse''

* but l watched her live feature..and she said ''l will prepare 8-10 song and we will choose among them..l set up song n my mind''
    l dont know which one is true..maybe we must wait abit

Thin Air said:

Thanks Marmaris.

I really hope that she ends up representing Turkey at the end. I think that she would give a fine performance and of course, offer a catchy song that would make her a front runner. This woman has a lot of talent she should get her music out into the international arena. What better way to do this than to participate in Eurovision as a stepping stone?

Robster1983 said:

Hééj, I love this translation (in fact, it's the only translation I found on the internet ), but is there a possibililty to explain what his song is about? Is the song about a specific relationship, or about love as a whole? Is it about someone on the verge of giving up the relationship, or is it about someone who understands that love has many faces, and that the only thing one could do, is just go for it?

I know that translating Turkish to English is quite hard sometimes, but if anyone could specify, then I would be very greatful!

Many thnx in advance!

Btw. (totaly irrelevant, but I couldn't help myself ): one of my most favourite songs of all time (together with Ayumi Hamasaki's "M"). Everything about this songs is just right!