Solved: Help me ID this song "first day of the rest of our lives"

Thread: Solved: Help me ID this song "first day of the rest of our lives"

Tags: None
  1. EverZ said:

Default Solved: Help me ID this song "first day of the rest of our lives"

I'm looking for the name of a track, it sounds like something from The Verve (it's not Bittersweet Symphony) or Oasis and has an awesome violin part in it.

Here is a part of the lyrics:

"This is the first day of the rest of your life
    This is the first day yeah
    This is the first day of the rest of your life"

"Walking away from your house"

"And i wouldn't be walking from your house"

Also you can hear a part of it in a video if you click this link and click on the video screen right under the title of the article: Petrolhead.nl VIDEO: Petrolhead test Audi S8

Thanks alot!
    Last edited by EverZ; 06-23-2007 at 07:11 PM.

2. PaK said:

MXPX - First Day Of The Rest Of Your Lives

or

Timo Maas - First Day

Did that help you?

3. nordberg said:

I can find a few options too, but none of them contain the walking away from your house part, I am afraid. Nor do either of Pak's suggestions.

I shall keep trying.

4. wapostle18 said:

Did you get that from a movie? I remember lyrics alongst this lines in a romance movie... prolly the notebook I will check.

5. EverZ said:

It's neither of those Pak, i tried googling the text too but couldn't find anything.

I got it from the movie that i posted the link to, i tried asking the creators but they didn't know the name either.

6. nordberg said:

I should actually listen to the link there, I guess, but I am going to have another stab in the dark here, although I know it doesn't contain the house lyrics.

'First Day Of My Life', by Bright Eyes. Good band, who are also playing at Glasto at the minute, funnily enough.

BRIGHT EYES LYRICS - First Day Of My Life
    Last edited by nordberg; 07-16-2007 at 07:54 AM.

7. EverZ said:

That's not it but thanks for the help nordberg. I recommend listening to the video link i posted because it has a pretty distinct violin piece.

8. multifoiz said:

It's a track by saint etienne (lyrics by sarah cracknell) or Etienne Daho for the french version. The name of the track is "Le premier jour (du reste de ta vie)" in french, I don't know it in english.

9. EverZ said:

I don't think you're right multifoiz, the lyrics of Daho's single don't resemble any of the lyrics from the song in the video. Also i can't find anything by any of those artists that sounds like the track in the video.

10. EverZ said:

Ok i found something, the song was used as a soundtrack in the movie Fear In The Dark from 2002. Can't find any more info though.

F A B Scott said:

Quote Originally Posted by EverZ View Post
    Ok i found something, the song was used as a soundtrack in the movie Fear In The Dark from 2002. Can't find any more info though.
    The soundtrack of Fear of the Dark from 2002 [which I assume is the movie you mean] has this listed:

"Fear of the Dark"
    Written by Ken Frost
    Performed by Diana Baisley

Can't find a sample online to check though....

12. shel67 said:

Exclamation Did You Ever Identify This Music???

I Just saw the 2002 film "Fear of The Dark" and I'm desperate to Identify that track which plays during the final moments of the credits.

I watched the Audi Video whivh you inked on your original request and it is the same track that from the film.

Did you ever find out who the artist was or the title of the song. I love that music!!!!

13. PaK said:

Has anyone found any other samples of that?

14. Azmodai said:

I have been searching for the song for ages on end. All I have found out about it is that its probably by a Scandinavian band or Dutch since apart from fear of the dark, the other 3-4 sources I've heard it from have all been scandie or Dutch productions. The song isn't listed anywhere and for some reason cannot be found anywhere on the net, so I recorded the song off the credits of one of the aforementioned movies and I am assuming this isn't a registered product or it would have shown up somewhere, so I suppose its treatable as an independent song.

I have uploaded the song onto rapidshare at http://rapidshare.com/files/15108250..._away.mp3.html

if this is not allowed on these forums I apologise and would be willing to erase the link.

15. despondent said:

Hey,I have been searching this song for years and finally I found it! If someone want the song find me in skype and I'll send it,because I don't know the singer/group.. :/

rado13 said:

could it be First Day by PLACEBO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrDt4kDUWLI

this is a remix - i think there maybe more violin in the original version -- but it close enough know if its the song u are after

and yes the lead singer is a bloke

Dapps said:

Maybe this link can help.... clips from the film also some music, but not the track you're after. But there is a "More Information Contact" at the bottom.

Good luck.

http://www.lightanddark.net/pr36.htm

18. Yannick said:

I know this song for a while now too and I havent seen it on the internet -yet-. Funny I found out this topic because you all have the same problem getting it haha.
    I heard the song for the first time in Germany - Wuppertal in a Lindner Hotel. It was the soundtrack that you hear when you put on the tv and saw the menu. Maybe this gives a clue? :P

The right song is indeed the song in the background of the movie with the audi S8 car. The guy you see in the movie doesn't know however how the song is called.

19. Yannick said:

Thumbs up Found it

I found the song on youtube. XD
    I emailed the hotel I stayed in in my vacation.
    The reaction:

"thank you very much for your E-mail and your interest in our hotels.

The song you mentioned was produced for the Lindner Hotels & Resorts as the themesong. The artist's name is unknown, but you can listen to the song on youtube by using the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQHCqkiaiNU

Another version of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8r6zftMrxs

I hope this helps you in any way.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us."

Download a youtube-to-mp3 converter and download it .
    Last edited by Yannick; 04-30-2010 at 05:21 AM.

lollipop said:

Thank you , Yannick, for solving this mystery at last!