Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 290
  1. #61
    @#MOmderator#@ maria_gr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 653 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lesenna View Post
    when does he speak portuguese or greek? or.... does he speak greek?
    Are you kidding me? The super star Rivaldo to learn our humble language? Noway. He's here for some years and he cannot say neither a single word. Btw I think that two of his children were born here. So typically they are Greek! Do you know Giovanni? He can speak Greek and Castillo too (he's mexican).
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

    ~Δημόκριτος~

  2. #62
    Senior Member lesenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    Ouhou! The climate is hottttt!

    Well, I write things that you can understand. Little frases and words. I speak in greek only with Greeks. I didn't say that it's forbitten to speak in turkish. I just said that we are interested to learn your language, so it would be good for us to have the translation in order to learn something. I asked only a favour. I'm sorry if i said something wrong.
    Ok. Let's start make peace here again
    Yes, Seda mou, you are right there are no rules about this issue (i've just read the forum rules again)
    And Maria mou, i understood what u mean and i think the same, as we are interested to learn your language it'd be good have the translation and i can say the same when u write in greek... But i'm sorry too for the incovenience, so if there were more brazilian members here maybe i'd write in my mother tongue, but they aren't here...

  3. #63
    @#MOmderator#@ maria_gr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 653 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lesenna View Post
    Ok. Let's start make peace here again
    Yes, Seda mou, you are right there are no rules about this issue (i've just read the forum rules again)
    And Maria mou, i understood what u mean and i think the same, as we are interested to learn your language it'd be good have the translation and i can say the same when u write in greek... But i'm sorry too for the incovenience, so if there were more brazilian members here maybe i'd write in my mother tongue, but they aren't here...
    Try me! I'll try to translate it!
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

    ~Δημόκριτος~

  4. #64
    Senior Member lesenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    Are you kidding me? The super star Rivaldo to learn our humble language? Noway. He's here for some years and he cannot say neither a single word. Btw I think that two of his children were born here. So typically they are Greek! Do you know Giovanni? He can speak Greek and Castillo too (he's mexican).
    that's what i've though... Rivaldo can be a super star but i think he doesn't have enough knowledge to learn a rich language like greek LOL (well, actually i mean he is almost illiterate, poor guy... )
    Yes, i know Giovanni, i think he spent more years there than Rivaldo or didn't he?
    Last edited by lesenna; 07-20-2007 at 05:37 PM.

  5. #65
    Senior Member lesenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    Try me! I'll try to translate it!
    portuguese sentences Maria?

  6. #66
    @#MOmderator#@ maria_gr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 653 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lesenna View Post
    that's what i've though... Rivaldo can be a super star but i think he doesn't have enough knowledge to learn a rich language like greek LOL (well, actually i mean he is almost illiterate, poor guy... )
    Yes, i know Giovanni, i think he spent more years there as Rivaldo or didn't he?
    Really? He's illiterate?

    Yes Giovanni was here for many years. More than Rivaldo. But a Serbian, Stogiakovic (if you know him), he learned Greek in some months!!!
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

    ~Δημόκριτος~

  7. #67
    @#MOmderator#@ maria_gr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 653 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lesenna View Post
    portuguese sentences Maria?
    Yeap!
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

    ~Δημόκριτος~

  8. #68
    Senior Member lesenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    Yeap!
    Ok, i'll open a new thread in another place (in other languages section, not here) soon... Now, i am going to work

    Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    Really? He's illiterate?

    Yes Giovanni was here for many years. More than Rivaldo. But a Serbian, Stogiakovic (if you know him), he learned Greek in some months!!!
    I think he is almost illiterate, not totally, coz he has a humble background (he is from a poor region in Northeast in Brazil), but i think he has learnt many things coz he is living many years in Europe...

  9. #69
    @#MOmderator#@ maria_gr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 653 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lesenna View Post
    Ok, i'll open a new thread in another place (in other languages section, not here) soon... Now, i am going to work



    I think he is almost illiterate, not totally, coz he has a humble background (he is from a poor region in Northeast in Brazil), but i think he has learnt many things coz he is living many years in Europe...
    Ok, thanks!

    I've heard something about it.
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

    ~Δημόκριτος~

  10. #70
    Senior Member lesenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Here you are:
    https://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ly...end-maria.html

    Try it and i hope u can enjoy!

  11. #71
    Senior Member bogazici86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 139 Times in 78 Posts

    I AM SORRY İF I DİD OR SAİD STH WRONG. I couldn't express myself again. As Maria said, she sometimes speaks greek with greeks , there are other people who don't know greek for example, maria and others talked between themselves. but I have never thought that there are forbidden words that we musn't see in their speech, I just didn't understand and did nothing. We never talk about forbidden things or sth like that here because here is a different place, wonderful place. we help each other. The conversation between alp and me was just about some silly expressions we hate, nothing more. I'll never do it again, I'm sorry.
    *Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises-----

  12. #72
    @#MOmderator#@ maria_gr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 653 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bogazici86 View Post
    I AM SORRY İF I DİD OR SAİD STH WRONG. I couldn't express myself again. As Maria said, she sometimes speaks greek with greeks , there are other people who don't know greek for example, maria and others talked between themselves. but I have never thought that there are forbidden words that we musn't see in their speech, I just didn't understand and did nothing. We never talk about forbidden things or sth like that here because here is a different place, wonderful place. we help each other. The conversation between alp and me was just about some silly expressions we hate, nothing more. I'll never do it again, I'm sorry.
    Forget it. Speak in turkish, english or any other language. You have the right to speak in any language you want. I cannot tell you to speak in english, if you don't want. I speak in Greek with Greeks too and I have not the right to ask that from you. But I speak Greek in a thread in the spanish lyrics translation.

    That's the forum->https://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/sp...oricienta.html
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

    ~Δημόκριτος~

  13. #73
    Senior Member bogazici86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 139 Times in 78 Posts

    ıt's not important maria, of course you can talk. I don't mind that kind of things. but we were really talking about unimportant things. I'll translate if I do sth like that again, maybe it will be useful for your learning process. ok? no problem.
    *Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises-----

  14. #74
    @#MOmderator#@ maria_gr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 653 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bogazici86 View Post
    ıt's not important maria, of course you can talk. I don't mind that kind of things. but we were really talking about unimportant things. I'll translate if I do sth like that again, maybe it will be useful for your learning process. ok? no problem.
    Ok, if it's not a big deal for you...
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

    ~Δημόκριτος~

  15. #75
    Senior Member bogazici86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 139 Times in 78 Posts

    no, of course it's not a big deal
    *Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises-----

  16. #76
    @#MOmderator#@ maria_gr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 653 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bogazici86 View Post
    no, of course it's not a big deal
    Ok, thanks
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

    ~Δημόκριτος~

  17. #77
    Senior Member bogazici86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 139 Times in 78 Posts

    bir şey değil.(not at all)
    *Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises-----

  18. #78
    @#MOmderator#@ maria_gr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 653 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bogazici86 View Post
    bir şey değil.(not at all)
    Thanks

    Filakia polla (=many kisses)
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

    ~Δημόκριτος~

  19. #79
    Senior Member bogazici86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 139 Times in 78 Posts

    MINI-DIALOGUE

    Ayşe: Merhaba. İsminiz (adınız) nedir? (hello, what's your name?)
    Ali: Merhaba, (benim) ismim (adım) Ali('dir). Sizin isminiz nedir/Ya sizinki? (hello, my name is Ali. And what's your name?/ And yours?)
    Ayşe: (Benim) adım Ayşe('dir). Tanıştığıma memnun oldum. (My name is Ayşe. Nice to meet you.)
    Ali: Ben de. Nasılsınız? (Me, too. How are you?)
    Ayşe: İyiyim, teşekkürler. Siz nasılsınız / Ya siz? (I'm fine, thanks. And you? )
    Ali: Ben de iyiyim, teşekkür ederim. (I'm fine, too. Thank you. )
    Ayşe: İyi günler, hoşçakalın*. (good afternoon, goodbye.)
    Ali: Size de (iyi günler), güle güle**. (the same to you, goodbye.)

    *"hoşçakal" is said by the person leaving. "hoşçakalın" is a formal saying here. but if you say it to more than one people, you again use "hoşçakalın". But the above dialogue is a formal dialogue, so Ayşe says "hoşçakalın" even if there's one person.

    **"güle güle" is said by the person staying.
    Last edited by bogazici86; 08-01-2007 at 10:53 AM.
    *Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises-----

  20. #80
    Senior Member asidashy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Turkish Tutorial this is the turkish learning link

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions