Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Merhaba Seda! Thanks for your explanations once more...
    You adviced me so much that i should read more and more... yes, i should, but i have a problem with turkish texts. I cannot find anywhere texts (it can be newspaper reports, stories, etc.) those can fit in my level (that i am sure is still beginner ) and when i have a text in turkish to read i am used to give up in the first sentence coz i don't understand anything... I can give u an example:

"2. Klip: Ortam İnsanı *
    Emre Altuğ'un "Kişiye Özel" adlı yeni albümünün "Ortam İnsanı" adlı şarkısının klibini ünlü şovmen Okan Bayülgen çekti.
    İki gün süren klip çekimlerinde üç Türk, iki Brezilyalı dansçı Emre Altuğ'a eşlik ederken Perulu model Valeria, genç şarkıcının sevgilisi rolünde rol aldı. Yönetmenliğini ve senaryosunu yazdığı klibin bir bölümünün çekildiği Club Crystal'in çıkışında objektiflere yansıyan Bayülgen, başında şapkası, şortuyla dikkat çekti. "

* This small text i took from a Emre Altuğ's fans webpage. Reading this i only could understand that the second clip of his new album will be of his song Ortam İnsanı... i know this text mentions about brazilian dancers but i cannot understand it well. Maybe, as i could read a little, Valeria (i think is one of brazilian dancers) will role play as his young girlfriend in this clip. But i am not sure if i understood well that part. The rest... i cannot understand anything I am not totally able to read and understand the sentences, their order, etc... and sometimes this really annoy me, so i ever give up to read texts like this coz i cannot understand...
    Maybe i brought a text difficult to learn for me yet (this above), i really don't know, as i said before i cannot find anywhere texts those i can understand with my background...
    If u can translate or help me to understand this text i'll be happy and thankful
    Last edited by lesenna; 08-15-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks

But i could also realize that the verbs in this text are in the past...
    Last edited by lesenna; 08-15-2007 at 07:08 PM.

Thanks

the parts that you understood are right lesennacığım. Ans yes, it's past tense. I borrowed a book named "Turkish for foreigners" from the library but I gave it to my friend last week. guess what! She is brazilian, too and she has no neighbour speaking english other than me! her name is Haydene. she has a turk husband and she knows nothing in Turkish. So, I gave the book to her. there were good texts there. when she gives it back, I'll add them here and you'll read. and here is the translation:

2. clip: environment person
    The clip of the song "Ortam İnsanı", which belongs to the new album of Emre Altuğ "Kişiye özel" was shooted by Okan Bayülgen.
    In the clip shooting, which lasted for 2 days while 3 Turk and 2 Brazilian dancers were taking out Altuğ, the Peruvian model Valeria took part as the darling of the young singer. Okan Bayülgen, who reflected the objectives in the exit of Club Crystal where a part of the clip whom he scripted and directed was shot, he (okan) attracted attention with his hat on his head and his shorts.
    *Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises-----

Thanks

Once more Sedacığım: thank you soooooooooooooooo much for your precious help. You have always patience to me and my crazy questions about turkish
    ohhh, do u have a brazilian neighbour? I hope she can start to understand turkish, but if she lives there i think her "job" will be easier than mine Anyway it is a good starting and having you to help it'll be easier to her
    Ok, i'm waiting for see the book's pages....
    And çok teşekkür ederim for the translation!!!! Harikasın canım!!!

Thanks

Once more Sedacığım: thank you soooooooooooooooo much for your precious help. Bir kez daha Sedacığım: değerli yardımın (yardımların) için çooooooooooooooook teşekkür ederim.

You have always patience to me and my crazy questions about turkish. Bana ve Türkçe hakkındaki deli (delice) sorularıma hep sabırlı davrandın (hep sabırla karşılık veriyorsun).

ohhh, do u have a brazilian neighbour? ahhh, brezilyalı bir komşun var mı?

I hope she can start to understand turkish, but if she lives there i think her "job" will be easier than mine. Umarım o (da) Türkçe anlamaya başlayabilir, ama (gerçi) eğer orda yaşıyorsa "işi" benimkinden daha kolay olur diye düşünüyorum (daha kolay olacaktır --- here:-dır means probability like the old cases that alp explained )

Anyway it is a good starting and having you to help it'll be easier to her yine de bu iyi bir başlangıç ve senin yardımın sayesinde (through/by your help) onun için daha kolay olacaktır.

Ok, i'm waiting for see the book's pages.... tamamdır, kitabın sayfalarını görmeyi (merakla --- with curiosity) bekliyorum.

And çok teşekkür ederim for the translation!!!! Harikasın canım!!! ve thanks a lot tercüme için!!!! you are great honey!!!

I just wanted to have fun a little, hope didn't make you mad!! sadece biraz eğlenmek istedim, umarım sizi deli etmemişimdir!!

Thanks

hahaha, that's perfect deniz! lesenna will like it, I'm sure. and also this is very helpful for others who tries to learn Turkish! You're great. and lesenna mou, I'm happy for helping you and always ready for your questions! and yes, my brazilian neighbour, she's so sweet, I told her about you and your Turkish boyfriend! She liked your story! but lesenna, even though she has been living here for 3 months, believe me, your Turkish is better than hers
    *Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises-----

Thanks

Sorry of such personal request...i feel a bit clumsily but
    these are the words, which mistakenly said to me my friend on msn, and i fancy know them, maybe some1 could help in this translation...

1)bu arada yanına bu gider dimi?sürpriz
    2) 2efsane yan yana
    3)beni düşünüyormusun

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beinglost View Post
    these are the words, which mistakenly said to me my friend on msn, and i fancy know them, maybe some1 could help in this translation...

2) 2efsane yan yana
    3)beni düşünüyormusun
    Hello, beinglost! I am not turkish, but i am a turkish learner. I can only help u in this translation in 3rd sentence that means:

3) Do you think of me? (this is a question)

The rest of sentences, i am sure our turkish friends here can help you. I tried my best about the other sentences, but i am not sure, so i didn't risk to write the translations of them here...
    Last edited by lesenna; 09-06-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beinglost View Post

2) 2efsane yan yana
    3)beni düşünüyormusun

Hello beinglost, I'll try my best. In the first sentence, I guess, your friend meant this:
    1) By the way, this accords with beside it, doesn't it? surprise.
    or;
    1) By the way, this accords with beside you. (well, this isn't a good translation but what can I do? I don't know the context)

If you told the context, it would be easier to translate rightly. But the second is ok:
    2) Two legends are side by side.

And the third one was translated by Leticia. She is great on learning Turkish by herself! (Thank you canım for your translation.)

Well, if there is anything that you have a problem with, ask again ok, beinglost?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bogazici86 View Post
    Hello beinglost, I'll try my best. In the first sentence, I guess, your friend meant this:
    1) By the way, this accords with beside it, doesn't it? surprise.
    or;
    1) By the way, this accords with beside you. (well, this isn't a good translation but what can I do? I don't know the context)

If you told the context, it would be easier to translate rightly. But the second is ok:
    2) Two legends are side by side.

And the third one was translated by Leticia. She is great on learning Turkish by herself! (Thank you canım for your translation.)

Well, if there is anything that you have a problem with, ask again ok, beinglost?
    You're welcome Sedacığım! Actually, in the second setence i could understand yan yana = side by side but i found in the dictionary the word "efsane" as history

Thanks

Here "efsane" has a different meaning Leticia mou. I think it refers to two people who are very popular/well-known or sth like that. I'll give an example:
    Sezen Aksu is a legend in Turkey for example. Because she one the bests that ever came, she made lots of wonderful songs and so on. I hope you understand canım

Thanks

Here "efsane" has a different meaning Leticia mou. I think it refers to two people who are very popular/well-known or sth like that. I'll give an example:
    Sezen Aksu is a legend in Turkey for example. Because she one the bests that ever came, she made lots of wonderful songs and so on. I hope you understand canım
    Hi,

Looking up efsane, it says it means legend, or myth. In English legend can mean a long time famous person as well, like... for example Pavarotti. Legend would be an appropriate term for someone like Sezen Aksu.

I also got a question of my own

How would you say in Turkish "Do you miss Istanbul"?
    Is it -- Istanbul ozlemisin?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saan View Post
    Hi,

Looking up efsane, it says it means legend, or myth. In English legend can mean a long time famous person as well, like... for example Pavarotti. Legend would be an appropriate term for someone like Sezen Aksu.

I also got a question of my own

How would you say in Turkish "Do you miss Istanbul"?
    Is it -- Istanbul ozlemisin?
    you were close saan

but you have to put istanbul in accusative form, so you have to put "ı,i,u or ü" and because the last vovel is u, you will put u.

and özle is the base of verb, you should make it in present tense...

İstanbul'u özler misin?

(moreover we can use to miss verb in present continuous tense to mean i miss it right now, so it can be better if you say: İstanbul'u özlüyor musun?"

Thanks

Alper and Bogazici what can i say? I'm very busy lately so i have not a lot of time to check the forum. But you both did a great job!!!!!!!!! Oh my god! My compliments arkadaslarim!

Thanks

Ahhh, dear friend Marco! Thanks for your kind words. Of course we will do, all these are for the friends that are learning Turkish I'm happy that you're glad about our threads. I hope you will start talking better in turkish in time

Thanks

Ahhh, dear friend Marco! Thanks for your kind words. Of course we will do, all these are for the friends that are learning Turkish I'm happy that you're glad about our threads. I hope you will start talking better in turkish in time
    Ben de umarim arkadasim! My work is consuming all my time lately . But i try to keep up . Kendine iyi bak! Güle güle

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wisalias View Post
    you were close saan

but you have to put istanbul in accusative form, so you have to put "ı,i,u or ü" and because the last vovel is u, you will put u.

and özle is the base of verb, you should make it in present tense...

İstanbul'u özler misin?

(moreover we can use to miss verb in present continuous tense to mean i miss it right now, so it can be better if you say: İstanbul'u özlüyor musun?"
    Thanks for the answer wisalias

I thought it would be similar to this. A friend form Istanbul told me that it
    should be Istanbul'u ozledin mi? Hmm, she may have been joking with me

Thanks

"İstanbul'u özledin mi?" ==> Did you miss İstanbul?
    "İstanbul'u özlüyor musun?" ==> Do you miss İstanbul?

I think you can see the difference now. If there's something unclear, please ask

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoB View Post
    Ben de umarim arkadasim! My work is consuming all my time lately . But i try to keep up . Kendine iyi bak! Güle güle
    woooow, great! You have progressed. Nice to see this. you work hard as I see. Go on Marco! Sen de kendine iyi bak. Görüşürüz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoB View Post
    Alper and Bogazici what can i say? I'm very busy lately so i have not a lot of time to check the forum. But you both did a great job!!!!!!!!! Oh my god! My compliments arkadaslarim!
    birşey değil arkadaşım, bu arada ,umarım herşey yolundadır
    im very happy that u've progressed ..u can ask me anything u want we'll always help u here..

Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast