Learning Bulgarian language

Thread: Learning Bulgarian language

Tags: None

lamah said:

Quote Originally Posted by smile_bg View Post
    Yeah, me too. It's nice to see all those people interested in our language. If you have some questions, we're here to answer & explain you everything you want. I would be glad to help you as well.
    I second that!
    Είμαι στον κόσμο μου γιατί δεν μου αρέσει ο δικός σας....

2. jageorgieva said:

Talking

Hello all! My in-laws are coming to visit me in October. I am looking for a few phrases to tell them how much I appreciate them coming, to welcome them to our home and to tell them that everything that is ours is theirs and to feel free to make like this is their home.

Obviously, I could have my husband translate, but I would rather it come directly from me and surprise everyone that I have learned more Bulgarian. I could use the next few months to practice and analyze the grammar of the phrases (I always break it down, helps me learn other things).

I would appreciate anything you have to offer, even common idioms would work.

Merci mnogo!

lopatka said:

Well, let me help you :]

Welcome - Добре дошли (Dobre doshli)
    Welcome home - Добре дошли у дома/в къщи (u doma/v kushti)
    Make yourself at home - Чувствайте се като у дома си (Chuvstvaite se kato u doma si)
    Everything that is ours is yours - Всичко наше е и ваше (vsichko nashe e i vashe)

--------------

Do you know how to read cyrillic?
    Ungir kallar, kátir kallar, gangiđ upp á gólv dansiđ lystilig!

4. jageorgieva said:

Thank you so much for the help. Yes, I can read Cyrillic. I was taking BG language lessons for a bit.

5. pierr said:

I'd like to know in which particular situations you use the words "извинявай" and "съжалявам".

A few examples (in Cyrillic) would greatly help.

Thanks.

smile_bg said:

Quote Originally Posted by pierr View Post
    I'd like to know in which particular situations you use the words "извинявай" and "съжалявам".

A few examples (in Cyrillic) would greatly help.

Thanks.
    They're basically the same, however, the most correct use of them is...

"Извинявай, че не ти звъннах по-рано." ("Sorry, I haven't called you earlier.")

"Съжалявам, че ти причиних това." ("I'm sorry I've caused you this.")

If you see, the point I'm trying to make is that "извинявай" or "извинявайте" (for more than 1 person) is casual thing, being sorry for something not so important. Whereas, "съжалявам" is for something greater.

However, in our contemporary language both are almost the same, so it doesn't really matter which one would you use.

NyLoN_BoY said:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDiamond.дама диамант View Post
    you know sumthing i really dont get verb endings, are they different for all verbs and you just have to learn them...or.. is there a pattern?
    There is a pattern but it`s different for every tence. This is the pattern for the present tence. I use the verb "имам" (to have something...)

Аз имаМ
    Ти имаШ
    Той/тя/то имА

Ние имаМЕ
    Вие имаТE
    Те имаТ

They are pretty the same for most of the verbs, BUT there are always exeptions in bulgarian. I`ll make a list of them tomorow.

LadyDiamond.дама диамант said:

Quote Originally Posted by NyLoN_BoY View Post
    There is a pattern but it`s different for every tence. This is the pattern for the present tence. I use the verb "имам" (to have something...)

Аз имаМ
    Ти имаШ
    Той/тя/то имА

Ние имаМЕ
    Вие имаТE
    Те имаТ

They are pretty the same for most of the verbs, BUT there are always exeptions in bulgarian. I`ll make a list of them tomorow.
    thanks x10

NyLoN_BoY said:

Well we have 3 groups of conjugations (спрежение in bulgarian). There are some differences with the 3rd Sg. We have 3 forms in it and we define the conjuating groups in the ending of the 3rd Sg.

The verbs in 3rd Sg can end in -е, -и, -а(я) [Аs you know a and я are the same sound and я is phoneticly typed ['а] or [йа] which is basicly [a] with softnes of the consonant before [a] (летя is transcribed [лет`а] ) or when the a has й before (ягода is transcribed [йагода]) ]

Here is the table to see better the conjuagations in bulgarian language

І спр.

чета (read)

аз чета
    ти четеш
    той/ тя/ то четЕ
    ние четем
    вие четете
    те четат

ІІ спр.

говоря (speak)

аз говоря
    ти говориш
    той/тя/то говорИ
    ние говорим
    вие говорите
    те говорят

ІІІ спр. (-а)

искам (want)

аз искам
    ти искаш
    той/тя/то искА
    ние искаме
    вие искате
    те искат

ІІІ спр. (-я)

отговарям (answer)

аз отговарям
    ти отговаряш
    той/тя/то отговарЯ
    ние отговаряме
    вие отговаряте
    те отговарят

PROPEL said:

i hate exceptions.

NyLoN_BoY said:

I also forgot to mention that the verbs in the third conjugation have a differende in 1st Pl. There the ending isn`t just -м, it`s -ме . See the verbs again and you will see.

To remember better the conjugation groups in school our teachers tell us to remember the word летища + я

Matt, I hate exceptions too, but... that`s bulgarian There isn`t a bulgarian gramatial rule without atleast one exception

LadyDiamond.дама диамант said:

i extra-ly hate exceptions lol

NyLoN_BoY said:

I`ll make a thread for practise bulgarian language, because it`s not good to flood that thread with practise. Are you ok with that?

14. metinccc said:

Hi evereybody !..
    I learnt a lot of things from this topic ,
    I started to read the topic from the begining , I came to 30th page , I couldn't wait to write answer so today I passed over last page and wanted to thank you ... All of you realy help me a lot !..
    At last , I 'd like to have a skype or msn friend to improve my Bulgarian , friend should speak Turkish or English beside Bulgarian ..
    İf you know some one who can help me please redirect to me .
    Again , many of thanks ...
    Metin

smile_bg said:

Quote Originally Posted by metinccc View Post
    Hi evereybody !..
    I learnt a lot of things from this topic ,
    I started to read the topic from the begining , I came to 30th page , I couldn't wait to write answer so today I passed over last page and wanted to thank you ... All of you realy help me a lot !..
    At last , I 'd like to have a skype or msn friend to improve my Bulgarian , friend should speak Turkish or English beside Bulgarian ..
    İf you know some one who can help me please redirect to me .
    Again , many of thanks ...
    Metin
    Merhaba, Metin!

I'll try to help you with whatever I can. I'm a Bulgarian and I speak English, Russian, French, and Spanish, so... And I'm trying to learn Turkish. :P

My skype is in my profile.

tedinkyyy said:

Hey Metin have you tried to get my skype? Cuz yesterday a boy named Metin tried to write me but cuz I rarely accept unknown ppl I blocked him If it's been you, I'm sorry, just tell me you're from the forum.I know litlle Turkish becuz my best friend is a Turk =) but I mostly understand, not speak.
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

17. metinccc said:

tedinkyyy ,
    it was me
    I 'll be happy if you unblock me .
    in general I am online late night hours .

18. metinccc said:

Smile Bg ,
    trust me I will teach you Turkish ,
    Turkish is not a difficult language like Bulgarian
    I 'll add you soon

19. I'm unstoppable said:

Mehra ba! Nasil sin Metin? All of us can help you ... My skypenick is pitbull_toma :P

P.C. I know a lil'bit of Turkish Tedi and I (my name is Valery or Valio for short) live near to Kirdjali and a lot of ppl speak turkish here
    C'est la vie!

tedinkyyy said:

Quote Originally Posted by metinccc View Post
    Smile Bg ,
    trust me I will teach you Turkish ,
    Turkish is not a difficult language like Bulgarian
    I 'll add you soon
    Yeah, Bulgarian is more difficult than Turkish really
    And I'll let u write to me
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne