Learning Bulgarian language

Thread: Learning Bulgarian language

Tags: None
  1. pierr said:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tedinkyyy View Post
    Hey hi there i haven't been here for so much time but u know, I started at uni and don't have much time Hope later i'll be more able to help u with bylgarski
    Celuvki
    I guess you are studying languages or philology at university since you have a natural aptitude for it. Good luck with your studies.

What does 'sardit(a)' mean in English?

lamah said:

сърдит/а - grumpy, angry, pissed
    Είμαι στον κόσμο μου γιατί δεν μου αρέσει ο δικός σας....

LadyDiamond.дама диамант said:

Quote Originally Posted by pierr View Post
    I guess you are studying languages or philology at university since you have a natural aptitude for it. Good luck with your studies.

What does 'sardit(a)' mean in English?
    she's studing Serbo-Croatian

4. jumaru said:

hey people!

while i was searching some stuffs for learning bulgarian, i found this forum .. it will be very useful for me ! i'm so lucky that lots of people interested in Bulgarian

i'm going to Bulgaria in a couple weeks for bussiness and i'll live there for a long time (at least 5 years ) so i believe that people in this forum will help me on learning Bulgarian and tell me some information abt Bulgaria (people,culture etc. )

i want to know everything abt Bulgaria

NyLoN_BoY said:

Quote Originally Posted by jumaru View Post
    hey people!

while i was searching some stuffs for learning bulgarian, i found this forum .. it will be very useful for me ! i'm so lucky that lots of people interested in Bulgarian

i'm going to Bulgaria in a couple weeks for bussiness and i'll live there for a long time (at least 5 years ) so i believe that people in this forum will help me on learning Bulgarian and tell me some information abt Bulgaria (people,culture etc. )

i want to know everything abt Bulgaria

Hi, jumaru, where are you from?

Bulgaria is a party country haha... and you cought the biggest feats here (meaning Christmass and New Years feasts). You can read the threads with many gramatical rules and examples. The best bulgarian you will learn when you actually come here, we love foreigns and we understand they can`t speak bulgarian like us and we help them to learn
    Всичко е лъжа, заблуда и лъжа, заблуда, всичко е лъжа...

6. jumaru said:

Quote Originally Posted by NyLoN_BoY View Post
    Hi, jumaru, where are you from?

Bulgaria is a party country haha... and you cought the biggest feats here (meaning Christmass and New Years feasts). You can read the threads with many gramatical rules and examples. The best bulgarian you will learn when you actually come here, we love foreigns and we understand they can`t speak bulgarian like us and we help them to learn
    i'm from Turkiye

i've heard that Bulgaria is a party country before from my friends. i'm trying to learn your language but i have some problems with rods :/ i looked up some threads which is useful for me and i learnt something new things abt Bulgarian .

i'm going to follow this forum up every day

thanx to you

wish i could go bulgaria for 5 years lol

8. pierr said:

When someone says "как ти говори той ?", does that mean that he/she is displeased or shocked from what he/she's heard ?

lopatka said:

It kind of concerns the tone with which it was spoken ... like, "was he too rude", "was he whispering" ... :] It translates to "how did he speak to you?"

Otherwise, if someone's disleased/shocked with what he/she's heard, the question would be "Какво ти каза той/тя?!" => "What did he/she say to you?!"
    Ungir kallar, kátir kallar, gangiđ upp á gólv dansiđ lystilig!

velvet_sky said:

Hi there
    we have to revive this thread don't you guys have any questions?
    Tose Proeski - The Hardest Thing --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKRrADJ7j3E
    * Agapi mou gurna pisw, Mou Leipeis... :[

Quote Originally Posted by velvet_sky View Post
    Hi there
    we have to revive this thread don't you guys have any questions?
    hey i agreee with you we do have to hahaha

NyLoN_BoY said:

Clock time
    Well we all now have cell phones with clock on them, but it`s quite romantic to ask a pretty looking lady (or guy) something to start a conversation with
    And if you don`t have ideas (like me...hahaha) you ask for the time...

Now the clock in bulgarian is pretty easy thing (not like sentences and stuff)
    But for learning the clock you must know the numbers... If you don`t know the numbers, go back in thread and try ti remember at least to 24 (as the hours are).

Now we have actually 2 types of saying the time in Bulgaria...
    Official we have the 24 - hours system...
    But when speaking to each other non official we use the am. pm. system ...
    So i will give you the words you have to know for asking and answering for the this type of conversation

час /chas/ hour
    полунощ /polunosht/ midnight
    половина /polovina/ half

And the numbers till 25

Now the big question "What`s the time?" in bulgarian will be Колко е часът?/kolko e chasa/.

And the answer is

Часът е... . /chasat e.../

Or you can answer only with saying the time (it isn`t unpolite if you just say the time)

And now comes the BIG part with the rules

Ok we devide the hour to 2 big halfs (polovini) - to the1st minute till 30th minute in beggining and the other half is from 30th minute till the 60th.
    OK now let`s look the first half (0-30 minutes)

From 1st till 30th minute we say the hour is "rising" and we say the hour and use the word "and" (in bulgarian that is "и" /i/ ) and the minutes...

For example :
    If you have 9 : 20 h. a.m.

In bulgarian that will be девет и двайсет /devet I dvayset/ ... Simple.hm?

And 9:30 will be девет и половина / devet i polovina/

The word половина /polovina/ is for the 30th minute of the hour.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let`s look the other half of the hour

In this half we use another word for time and we say that the hour "shrinking"...

And now comes the tricky part (remember, in bulgarian there is always a tricky part )

We say from 30th till 60th minute the hour backwords....

Now I know it sounds scary, let`s make it easy...

When there are left 15 minutes to the next hour, we don`t say that there are 45 minutes went from the hour we are now in, we just say that there are 15 minutes till next hour...

Like in english there is the saying "qaurter to..." in bulgarian is the same, but we say first the next hour and then we say the magical word "without" which in bulgarian is "без" /bez/ ... and the minutes who are left for the next hour...

Now for example let`s take that the time is 9:45

That in bulgarian will be десет без петнайсет /deset BEZ petnayset/ or literally translated "ten without fifteen"

Now, in Bulgaria we actually don`t use the a.m. and p.m. stuff
    because it`s logical if a person asks you what`s the time are you in the morning, or in the evening

But if you talk to a friend what did you do yesterday and say the time you can say a.m. or p.m. if they ask, but it`s not necessary.

And of course we have words for a.m. and p.m.
    and here are they :

a.m. - сутрин /sutrin/
    p.m. - вечер /vecher/
    (both words are in female gender)

And if you say 9:45 p.m. or a.m. the words come with articles
    Example

9:45 p.m. will be десет без петнайсет вечерта /deset bez petnayset vecherta/

And that`s quite it

If I forgot something, please you can ask.
    Всичко е лъжа, заблуда и лъжа, заблуда, всичко е лъжа...

Мерси за това Ники

Quote Originally Posted by NyLoN_BoY View Post
    Clock time
    Well we all now have cell phones with clock on them, but it`s quite romantic to ask a pretty looking lady (or guy) something to start a conversation with
    And if you don`t have ideas (like me...hahaha) you ask for the time...

Now the clock in bulgarian is pretty easy thing (not like sentences and stuff)
    But for learning the clock you must know the numbers... If you don`t know the numbers, go back in thread and try ti remember at least to 24 (as the hours are).

Now we have actually 2 types of saying the time in Bulgaria...
    Official we have the 24 - hours system...
    But when speaking to each other non official we use the am. pm. system ...
    So i will give you the words you have to know for asking and answering for the this type of conversation

час /chas/ hour
    полунощ /polunosht/ midnight
    половина /polovina/ half

And the numbers till 25

Now the big question "What`s the time?" in bulgarian will be Колко е часът?/kolko e chasa/.

And the answer is

Часът е... . /chasat e.../

Or you can answer only with saying the time (it isn`t unpolite if you just say the time)

And now comes the BIG part with the rules

Ok we devide the hour to 2 big halfs (polovini) - to the1st minute till 30th minute in beggining and the other half is from 30th minute till the 60th.
    OK now let`s look the first half (0-30 minutes)

From 1st till 30th minute we say the hour is "rising" and we say the hour and use the word "and" (in bulgarian that is "и" /i/ ) and the minutes...

For example :
    If you have 9 : 20 h. a.m.

In bulgarian that will be девет и двайсет /devet I dvayset/ ... Simple.hm?

And 9:30 will be девет и половина / devet i polovina/

The word половина /polovina/ is for the 30th minute of the hour.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let`s look the other half of the hour

In this half we use another word for time and we say that the hour "shrinking"...

And now comes the tricky part (remember, in bulgarian there is always a tricky part )

We say from 30th till 60th minute the hour backwords....

Now I know it sounds scary, let`s make it easy...

When there are left 15 minutes to the next hour, we don`t say that there are 45 minutes went from the hour we are now in, we just say that there are 15 minutes till next hour...

Like in english there is the saying "qaurter to..." in bulgarian is the same, but we say first the next hour and then we say the magical word "without" which in bulgarian is "без" /bez/ ... and the minutes who are left for the next hour...

Now for example let`s take that the time is 9:45

That in bulgarian will be десет без петнайсет /deset BEZ petnayset/ or literally translated "ten without fifteen"

Now, in Bulgaria we actually don`t use the a.m. and p.m. stuff
    because it`s logical if a person asks you what`s the time are you in the morning, or in the evening

But if you talk to a friend what did you do yesterday and say the time you can say a.m. or p.m. if they ask, but it`s not necessary.

And of course we have words for a.m. and p.m.
    and here are they :

a.m. - сутрин /sutrin/
    p.m. - вечер /vecher/
    (both words are in female gender)

And if you say 9:45 p.m. or a.m. the words come with articles
    Example

9:45 p.m. will be десет без петнайсет вечерта /deset bez petnayset vecherta/

And that`s quite it

If I forgot something, please you can ask.
    ೋღ♥ღೋ...обичам България..Моите душа и сърце принадлежат на България. За мен България е най-хубавата страна на света...ೋღ♥ღೋ

crazytofik said:

I have a question. WHat's the difference between:
    "Shtqh da ucha" and "Shtqh da sym uchil"
    The first sentence is something like "I was supposed to learn" but I don't know what does mean that second one....
    София, Пловдив, Варна, Бургас, чалга до дупка - купона е при нас.

tedinkyyy said:

Щях да уча - I was about to study
    Когато той ми се обади, тъкмо щях да уча. When he called me I was just about to study.

Щях да съм учил - I would have studied
    Ако той не ми се беше обадил тогава да изляза с него, щях да съм учил за изпита и да го взема. If he hadn't called me to go out with him I would have studied for that exam and (i would have) passed it.
    Ясно ли е сега?
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

crazytofik said:

mnogo tova e trudno da razbera tezi vremena ... futuri praeteriti, futuri exactum i futuri exactum praeteriti ...

tedinkyyy said:

по-добре: трудно е да разбера тези времена а най-добре : трудно е човек да ги разбере тези времена Lol така не звучи толкова снобарско
    С теб ,като най-напредналия ни ученик,вече кожем да се занимаваме с такива тънкости... как да звучиш като истински българин ))
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

crazytofik said:

mda ... no predpochitam da zvucha kato istnski bylgarski ciganin haha <shega>

tedinkyyy said:

Тогава слушай по-честичко Илиян,да усвоиш акцента Lol
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

crazytofik said:

a toj ciganin li e ?