Learning Bulgarian language

Thread: Learning Bulgarian language

Tags: None

get_attitude_ said:

Quote Originally Posted by yosis View Post
    pak = again get_attitude_ pliz help with the corecet trans
    Hi!
    About "pak" may be you were confused by the existence of пак and пък.
    -> пак = again (one more time, something that is repeated). It's synonym is отново;
    -> пък = and/but/again/punk/gee. Depending on the context I think those are the possibilities of translation. Certainly there is possibility one to be missed. Note that here we don't have the pattern of пак with something that is repeated, rather a common word, used in the speakable bulgarian language, which is a conjunction or a particle and has as it's target to indicate a differentiation, a contradistinction or strengthening of a negation or a question.
    In bulgarian пък substitudes а and но, which we can translate respectively as and/while and but/only/yet. This doesn't mean all of them would sound good in english. Here are some examples:
    1. Аз ще чистя, пък ти ще пазаруваш - I'll do the cleaning, and you'll do the shopping. It could be Аз ще чистя, а пък/а ти ще пазаруваш;
    2. Няма пък! - No!/No way!/I won't!/I wouldn't (for an example when a mulish person won't do something just because, he says "Няма пък");
    3. Дали пък да не дойда? - literally: If I come?/How about I come => meaning: Isn't it better for me to come? (I can't translate this directly simply because I don't think there is a suitable expression in english. If anyone knows please say ). Here пък gives this nuance of isn't it better. Otherwise (Дали да не дойда?) I am just asking my self if to come or not to come. But when we have пък it transforms that meaning to isn't it better...

Vikitrisha. said:

Is there anyone who would like to help me with bulgarian through Skype? I would be very grateful.

NyLoN_BoY said:

What do you wanna know?
    Всичко е лъжа, заблуда и лъжа, заблуда, всичко е лъжа...

Vikitrisha. said:

Everything which is possible xD

NyLoN_BoY said:

Quote Originally Posted by Vikitrisha. View Post
    Everything which is possible xD
    Then, I sudjest you to start reading the treat from the start, with ignoring all of the spam and the flood, you can see most of the basics that me and some of the older forumers made in the begining of the thread, if you wanna know something more, contact me in my facebook page here -> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001213538212

6. Child said:

Hi!
    About "pak" may be you were confused by the existence of пак and пък.
    Get_attitude, do you think that Yosis was able to understand you? He is not an intellectual type like you are. You are such a good teacher that you lost yourself in explanations, forgetting the level/type/kind of the mental capability of your "interlocutor". I'm sure Yosis hated school.

NyLoN_BoY said:

They are too different words with 2 different meanings, what`s so difficult to explain?
    Last edited by NyLoN_BoY; 12-28-2011 at 05:45 PM.

8. Child said:

Yes, those are two different words, but the story is not about those two words.
    I was talking about the attitude of get_attitude towards his conversational partner, in this case Yosis (Yosis, sorry because I used you as an example), and the fact that no one asked for the explanation get_attitude wrote, in that tread. He did great job, thanks, anyway. No one mention "пък " there, and what "пак" is, Yosis knew. I hope I'm clear.

Vikitrisha. said:

Quote Originally Posted by NyLoN_BoY View Post
    Then, I sudjest you to start reading the treat from the start, with ignoring all of the spam and the flood, you can see most of the basics that me and some of the older forumers made in the begining of the thread, if you wanna know something more, contact me in my facebook page here -> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001213538212
    Yes, I 've already started reading it. Thank you very much.

get_attitude_ said:

Quote Originally Posted by Child View Post
    Yes, those are two different words, but the story is not about those two words.
    I was talking about the attitude of get_attitude towards his conversational partner, in this case Yosis (Yosis, sorry because I used you as an example), and the fact that no one asked for the explanation get_attitude wrote, in that tread. He did great job, thanks, anyway. No one mention "пък " there, and what "пак" is, Yosis knew. I hope I'm clear.
    I quoted just a part of the problem which got started with a translation of a song, so it was not in this thread, that is true. In that case I decided that explaining the difference is what is needed to understand the song. However I thought that it would be better for most of the people who want to learn bulgarian to have the explanation here, where are the answers of questions about that kind of stuff
    If yosis or someone else can not understand what I was trying to explain I can try again. If you think I don't explain clear, I will take a note and try be simpler. But do you think that learning bulgarian or any language is simple and don't you consider that all cases and information is needed while learning?
    Happy new year

11. danyela said:

hi! please could any of you help me to translate this in english?

- ''sladuranka''

- ''stiga me sr14kva 6toto nakraya az 6te te sr14na kakto az si znaya ''

Thank you very much!

get_attitude_ said:

Quote Originally Posted by danyela View Post
    hi! please could any of you help me to translate this in english?

- ''sladuranka''

- ''stiga me sr14kva 6toto nakraya az 6te te sr14na kakto az si znaya ''

Thank you very much!
    1. sweetie/sweet girl
    2. stop poking me, 'cause eventually I'll poke you my way

13. danyela said:

thans get_attitude_

get_attitude_ said:

You are welcome

mariusmxm said:

16. Blue Cocktail said:

Hey

Can someone please help me with a translation from bulgarian to romanian/english? It is about a conversation ...! You will help me A LOt ! If you do, please let me know and I will contact you privately ! Thank you !

17. danyela said:

hi! can someone translate this sentence to me! please! Thanks a lot!
    - "S1N SPOMENI NE PRAVI"
    samo tova 6te ti kaja - (what is the meaning??)

get_attitude_ said:

Hi, danyela!
    "S1N SPOMENI NE PRAVI" -> A dream doesn't make any memories
    samo tova 6te ti kaja -> that is all I am going to say to you

19. danyela said:

Quote Originally Posted by get_attitude_ View Post
    Hi, danyela!
    "S1N SPOMENI NE PRAVI" -> A dream doesn't make any memories
    samo tova 6te ti kaja -> that is all I am going to say to you

Thank you very much! get_attitude_

20. Nedyy We said:

Оууу к'во стаа тук ? о.О Да взема и аз се науча на англиисйки ли хихихи.

Всъщност, ако има желаещ може да направим следното: Аз да науча въпростният човек на български, а той мен на английски.