Learning Romanian language

Thread: Learning Romanian language

Tags: None

zAgatka said:

But you both are very good teachers I don't have time to translate songs now but this Romanian lessons are a very, very, very good idea.

Mersi si pupici (my favourite Romanian word )

And how to say in Romanian: have a good day! ??

2. dya said:

Hello!!!! You're back! Welcome

I'm glad you find these lessons useful. After all, they are meant to help anybody who wants to learn Romanian. If someone who does this tells me the lessons are useful, I can only be glad.

Of course, if something in these lessons seems hard to uderstand or I did not make myself clear about a certain issue, do not hesitate to ask for clarifications

The Romanian phrase for "have a good day" is : "O zi bună". This is the "standard" phrase you can say to basically everybody you get in contact with.

If you want to make it more "personalised" you can use the verb as well, but on a daily basis we use it like I said.

Accompanied by the verb it looks like this:

Să ai o zi bună-- if you address only one person.

Să aveți o zi bună--if you address more than one person, or if you want to be polite to someone and use the second person, plural form of the verb.

mister Xazos said:

well thank you for complement.
    Merci la fel (thanks and for you too)
    O zi placuta si tie . (a nice day for you too)

And of course, Pupici
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

Annemarrie said:

Smile a new helper

hi..i'm from Romania and i would be delighted to join this team of translators...hey any doubt that u may have i'm here to help u..i'm sp happy to know that are persons who want to learn Romanian..
    Anne Marrie

mister Xazos said:

welcome Annemarrie. well as you see, there are wiling people here for learning Romanian. enjoy your staying.
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

6. blaster said:

Red face

hi guys, thanks all for this great idea

i'm just barely starting to learn some ro and yeah im stuck with grammar.

sorry if this sound lil dumb, but what will be the easier way to tell apart from masculine, feminine or neuter nouns ?

im asking this cause i was going through the definite articles and got some common rules. (correct me if i got it wrong)

- if the word end in a consonant, add ul
    ex. om = man | omul = the man

- if ending in ă, substitute a
    ex. fată = girl | fata = the girl

- if ending in "ea" add ua
    ex. cafea = coffee | cafeaua = the coffee

- if ending in ie, substitute ia
    ex. călătorie = voyage | călătoria = the voyage

- if ending in u, add l
    ex. metrou = metro | metroul = the metro

and this is the part
    - if a masculine word end in e, add le
    ex. cîine = dog | cîinele = the dog

- if a femenine word end in e, add a
    ex. minge = ball | mingea

in english dog and ball sounds to me masculine

mulţumesc
    Last edited by blaster; 08-20-2007 at 12:28 AM.

Patricia_Andersen said:

hello guys!

rauuw! that's sooo cool! i'm from Denmark (but not 100% danish - my mom is from Poland) and i love Romania and their language! That's why , im very thankfull that u guys help me to learn

Thank u very much ..!

mister Xazos said:

Talking nice

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia_Andersen View Post
    hello guys!

rauuw! that's sooo cool! i'm from Denmark (but not 100% danish - my mom is from Poland) and i love Romania and their language! That's why , im very thankfull that u guys help me to learn

Thank u very much ..!
    Hey Paty.
    I'm glad to know you like our country and language.
    I like very much danish beers (Tuborg, Carlsberg)
    Take care of you
    Btw, how I sayi n danish : I love you, I care about you, I miss you ?
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

Patricia_Andersen said:

Hello

haha, how funny.. well, Danish beers are good - i'm agree :P
    Ofcourse i like to translate

That's how you write it :

I love you = Jeg elsker dig
    I miss you = Jeg savner dig
    I care about you = Jeg holder af dig.

It may be hard to say the words, cause maybe there is a "g" but it sounds like an "j" that's why, i will translate it to you how's it would sounds :

i love you = jeg elsker dig = (sounds): jej elsker dej
    i care about you = jeg holder af dig = (sounds): jeg holler af dej
    i miss you = jeg savner dig = (sounds): jej savner dej.

If you like too, i can translate more words/songs etc to you. U'r welcome..

kiss ("kys" on danish )
    Paty.

10. dya said:

Hello everybody!

Blaster, excuse my absence but I was rather busy lately. All your rules are correct, but in Romanian there's another category of gender, the neuter, which looks masculine in singular and feminine in plural.

Example:
    tablou-tablouri ( painting)
    You say un tablou -- un= masculine and două tablouri---două=feminine

the same: un cadou- două cadouri (gift)

but this is not the only combination of endings for neuters, because for example:
    un trotuar-două trotuare (pavement)
    un culoar- două culoare (corridor)

Give me some time to check a grammar book and give you a classification. But not tonight, cauee I'm torn

Patricia_Andersen said:

Salut everybody !
    U'r all great teachers!! Again i would like to thank u. but i have a question.. I really would like to learn the language, and then i wonder... Does there exist a kind of "romanish language school" in romania where i can learn the language? Somewhere close to Caras Severin? i have many friends in Caras Severin, and it would be great if there exist one of those school's in Caras Severin Tnx anyway.

Kiss
    Paty.

mister Xazos said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia_Andersen View Post
    Salut everybody !
    U'r all great teachers!! Again i would like to thank u. but i have a question.. I really would like to learn the language, and then i wonder... Does there exist a kind of "romanish language school" in romania where i can learn the language? Somewhere close to Caras Severin? i have many friends in Caras Severin, and it would be great if there exist one of those school's in Caras Severin Tnx anyway.

Kiss
    Paty.
    I'm glad you like Romanian and you want to learn it.
    Well I idon't know schools for this, but you can go to some classes in universities or in particular. I advice you to buy a book (Romanian Gram.) and to learn the basisc. I'm sorry I don't know more.
    I'm from Iasi, If you I can search you here some classes. But you want in C. Severin...
    Take care
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

gossip-girl said:

Haven't been here for ages and what do my eyes see? Thanks for creating such a great topic! Now I have to find some time to read all of this ^^

Kisses for all fans of romanian language!

mister Xazos said:

Nice to have you back.
    You're very generous
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

15. sechkow said:

Hello guys, i'm Sech from Turkey and i'm really interested in your language. However that can drive me to crazy:P I think there are many common words like ciorba, cioban...I wanna learn it but i dont know how to do.cause there's no courses about romanian here
    Wer freut sich nicht über die Einladung zu einer Hochzeit? Die weite Reise, durch die Karpaten nach Transsilvanien, führt jedoch auf ein geheimnisvolles Schloß.

16. dya said:

Hello, Sech and welcome

You're right about the common words. Romanian vocabulary has very many borrowed words from your language. From this point of view, it will be easy for you to aquire at least one part of our vocabulary.

Unfortunately, the rest is not as easy The grammar part may prove to be a nightmare, but we're here to help.

It's pretty difficult to learn a foreign language without having a course to follow. Because a course usually comes with an audio support and a written one and exercises and it implies a structured learning.

But if you really can't find one(did you look on the internet to see if can't, by any chance buy on-line?), then tell us how do you think it's easier for you to start lerning a foreign language and we'll try to give you the information step-by-step

Leão_do_Norte said:

I finally bought my Romanian Course. It's "Teach Yourself Romanian" with two audio cds. I'm waiting the book to come, it takes 6 weeks. I'm really anxious to start learning it. Soon, I will ask many questions to my romanian teachers.
    Last edited by Leão_do_Norte; 09-09-2007 at 04:54 PM.

18. sechkow said:

you lucky leao do norte i could find russian and polish but not romanian.i have been thinking about courses in moldova now. i have to save money:/
    Wer freut sich nicht über die Einladung zu einer Hochzeit? Die weite Reise, durch die Karpaten nach Transsilvanien, führt jedoch auf ein geheimnisvolles Schloß.

mister Xazos said:

Quote Originally Posted by sechkow View Post
    you lucky leao do norte i could find russian and polish but not romanian.i have been thinking about courses in moldova now. i have to save money:/
    You mean Moldova the country, or the provence from Romania ?
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

20. sechkow said:

i meant country Moldova... i think everybody knows about language courses on countries. i found some of them but they are not in Romania, in Moldova...