Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596
Results 1,901 to 1,919 of 1919
    pauluszk

Salut!
    My name is Krisztian from Hungary.So, I need a second learnt language next to the English.My family is from Romania, since my father, our family haven't lived there, but my grandfather was romanian.Lot of my relatives speak romanian but a don't, and I begrudge they this. Another reason of me is, that at home I have a romanian TV channel with lot of romanian clips and can understand nothing, but sounds lovely for me...Fortunately near to me, there are a lot of native speakers, so I already have an area to prove it.And somewhere I have a Romanian language book for starters.

I know that in this language there are many many slavic words...I learnt crotian for 8 years at the elementary school.Unfortunately I didn't success in crotian, but it caused a minimal slavic word base, what I have found to be in the romanian too.

So my questions are:
    -How difficult is the Romanian for a hungarian from zero level? (Spoken languages are just, the Hungarian and the English)
    -Where shall I start it? (Free online courses, sites etc.)
    -How much time does it usually need for somebody to get to comparetive level?

Thx, for al answers.

Best wishes!

Thanks

Just for what it's worth, I thought I would mention that a short article/blogpost appeared in last week's Huffington Post site, titled "Romania Off the Beaten Track."

Here's the URL:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeanin...=false#s540217

I liked the article but I have to say I loved the comments even more (and yes, especially the minor grammar and punctuation errors, which remind me not only of my own struggles to learn Romanian but also are nearly identical to those in the messages and emails I receive from my online Romanian friends over there all the time, making little tears of joy in my eyes as I read these comments and thought of them and their enthusiam and sincerity and friendly warmth), most from actual Romanians and demonstrating their incomparable passion for their beautiful amazing country, fantastic!

An Nou Fericit to all!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmmy View Post
    oh well in Moldova it may be used in place of nicăieri You know our languages are like american english and british english... same thing overall, but with different accents and some words
    Kmmy, I hope you reserved British English to describe Romania's Romanian
    Last edited by Paul Orhan; 01-02-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,507 Posts

Paul tbh I didnt even think which one goes with what but if I think about it I agree with u

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauluszk View Post
    -How difficult is the Romanian for a hungarian from zero level? (Spoken languages are just, the Hungarian and the English)
    -Where shall I start it? (Free online courses, sites etc.)
    -How much time does it usually need for somebody to get to comparetive level?
    I learned romanian for 2 years and still am learning but had and have not enough lesson hours. Any way I think I have some good basis. But for a hungarian might be a little harder, because your language is alone in his group, there is no alike and english is much simpler in many ways then any balkan language including romanian. Also I have learned german so after it everything else seems easy However I think romanian is pretty hard too especially for non-balkan people or for people who are not well with the closest to it latin languages - italian and may be french.
    Surely the best way to learn a language is with a private teacher or in a course. If this is not possible for you now you could try in this threads here about learning romanian or here to learn some basic words and the pronunciation. As you have relatives who know the language you could also try learning with them. Those combinations, knowing a bit of croatian and listening to the romanian tv will help too but only so far that you would have an idea of the language and if you are very studious you even could be able to freely speak in simple conversations.
    Any way you choose means a lot of hard work, so I wish you good luck, and may be you could be one of those people who learned languages outstanding all by them selves

6. The Following User Says Thank You to get_attitude_ For This Useful Post:
    Paul Orhan (01-05-2012)

Thanks

If anyone needs help with Romanian just ask
    hat3mel eh lw nemt youm w s7eet w l2eet a2rab ma leek fe donya mosh 7waleek...

Thanks

Sal lume, I'm just dropping by to see how everything's going here! It seems to have slowed down quite a bit since when I was here originally...
    ♫ Elektrisk, elelektrisk, s elektriskknner pulsen sl!
    Ei sanota elmlle ei!

Thanks

Guess what? I'm not exactly sure how to say "Guess what" in Romanian.

Is it "ghici ce"? (doar o presupunere, desigur)

Thanks.

Thanks

I'd be grateful if someone could give me a hint on how to pronounce the following letters:
    ă .

Is it true that and are used to describe the same sound???

If you could refer to other languages in your examples (if possible) that would be great! Mulţumesc!

Thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmxm For This Useful Post:
    Paul Orhan (02-22-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mariusmxm View Post
    Thanks a million Mariusmxm!

Thanks

For nothing Just call me Marius

Thanks

OK now, perhaps this is not a question you should ask when you start learning a language but I'm really VERY curious about it. So allow me to pose it in hope someone would be kind enough to explain it to me and other members:

There are at least two words in Romanian that translate to "love", namely iubesc and dragoste - could you tell what the difference between them is?
    When you say "I love you" you use "Te iubesc".
    Is there a similar verb derived from dragoste (Eg. dragostear, dragostere, a dragosta or sth)????

Thanks a lot for any info!

Thanks

this is a hard and tricky one paul! is like in spanish: querer y amar amar stands for - a fi indragostit ( there's no vb for "dragoste" so we have to use "to be inloved") - which is used between lovers, it's more about romanticism, passion etc while querer stands for - a iubi which is used to express the love for friends, family, etc..

in daily use one doesn't think too much about their deeper meanings... they are just synonims that can be replaced easily.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kmmy For This Useful Post:
    Paul Orhan (03-19-2012)

Thanks

Te iubesc, Kmmy, meu romn nger

Mulţumesc foarte mult!

Thanks

cu placere paul

Thanks

I am almost one and a half years in this country and I am definitely feeling like I am just about to give up on learning romanian. i had few weeks of class, and i think i reached something to do with intermediate. I have since made little progress with a lot of difficulty. I can read articles, understand sometimes everything that people say, but I can't do spontaneous responses. It's just horrible feeling stuck like this. So I have learned to quickly ask people " vorbesti englez?" before going on with what I want to say. Maybe this thread will have some useful tips. I will try to go through. But I definitely think I am dropping it.

Thanks

Hello all I'm from Morocco and I'd like to learn Romanian

Thanks

I think you should start by meeting with someone who knows romanian so he can correct you and guide you in the right direction. Good day and good luck!

-------
    pentru cei interesati, recomand creare site

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596