Learning Romanian language

Thread: Learning Romanian language

Tags: None

dragonfly93 said:

Sal lume, I'm just dropping by to see how everything's going here! It seems to have slowed down quite a bit since when I was here originally...
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

2. monza68 said:

Guess what? I'm not exactly sure how to say "Guess what" in Romanian.

Is it "ghici ce"? (doar o presupunere, desigur)

Thanks.

Paul Orhan said:

I'd be grateful if someone could give me a hint on how to pronounce the following letters:
    ă â î.

Is it true that â and î are used to describe the same sound???

If you could refer to other languages in your examples (if possible) that would be great! Mulţumesc!

mariusmxm said:

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by mariusmxm View Post
    Thanks a million Mariusmxm!

mariusmxm said:

For nothing Just call me Marius

Paul Orhan said:

OK now, perhaps this is not a question you should ask when you start learning a language but I'm really VERY curious about it. So allow me to pose it in hope someone would be kind enough to explain it to me and other members:

There are at least two words in Romanian that translate to "love", namely iubesc and dragoste - could you tell what the difference between them is?
    When you say "I love you" you use "Te iubesc".
    Is there a similar verb derived from dragoste (Eg. dragostear, dragostere, a dragosta or sth)????

Thanks a lot for any info!

kmmy said:

this is a hard and tricky one paul! is like in spanish: querer y amar amar stands for - a fi indragostit ( there's no vb for "dragoste" so we have to use "to be inloved") - which is used between lovers, it's more about romanticism, passion etc while querer stands for - a iubi which is used to express the love for friends, family, etc..

in daily use one doesn't think too much about their deeper meanings... they are just synonims that can be replaced easily.

Paul Orhan said:

Te iubesc, Kmmy, meu român înger

Mulţumesc foarte mult!

kmmy said:

cu placere paul

11. Wanambisi Njalale said:

I am almost one and a half years in this country and I am definitely feeling like I am just about to give up on learning romanian. i had few weeks of class, and i think i reached something to do with intermediate. I have since made little progress with a lot of difficulty. I can read articles, understand sometimes everything that people say, but I can't do spontaneous responses. It's just horrible feeling stuck like this. So I have learned to quickly ask people " vorbesti englez?" before going on with what I want to say. Maybe this thread will have some useful tips. I will try to go through. But I definitely think I am dropping it.

12. GhizTheMoroccanSweetGirl said:

Hello all I'm from Morocco and I'd like to learn Romanian

13. pal.elena said:

I think you should start by meeting with someone who knows romanian so he can correct you and guide you in the right direction. Good day and good luck!

-------
    pentru cei interesati, recomand creare site