Slovenian
    Bulgarian
    Romanian
    etc...

Maybe it's some Mexican language
    it's also not
    turkish

2. woowoos said:

Read my reply above...I already found what it is....it is a language called "IDO".

From Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ido

tzina772000 said:

Quote Originally Posted by woowoos View Post
    Read my reply above...I already found what it is....it is a language called "IDO".

From Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ido
    Good try, but nope it's not. In wikipedia there are links of vocabularies and apart some articles no other word is in them. Apart from that someone who knew Esperanto would be able to understand partially the song.Esperanto is close to Spanish, and there are enough people in here that are able to understand a little bit of it.

operafantomet said:

Quote Originally Posted by rosadelamor View Post
    it could be either the iceland, swiss or polish language
    its definately not spanish
    Definitely not Icelandic. (ETA: because I can partially read Icelandic - I studied Norse, the forerunner of Icelandic and Norwegian, at school for a year)

I'm guessing it's a Latinised transcription of a non-indo-European language.
    Or someone pulling our leg.
    Basically, I'm a fan of languages...

Música101 said:

Maybe it's an Asian langauge like vietnamese or cambodian or Lao

Or Maybe it's some Native American language.
    It also kinda looks like Finndlish.

operafantomet said:

No, Finnish is heavy on doube letters (vowels and consonants alike), which the provided lyric totally lacks.
    Last edited by operafantomet; 01-26-2008 at 02:18 AM. Reason: I wrote vocals... meant letters

lollipop said:

Ok, people, Propel has posted this few pages back, so I don't think, that we, who are not linguists, can guess a name of an language, that existed around 1400...

I leave here this quoted text for one more time

Quote Originally Posted by PROPEL View Post
    here's the article - i saved it in WordPad - i wanted to put it on here but i forgot. here it is!! (i found this tuesday night)

..." In other news, linguists from different countires in the Eurpean Area, are debating about where this language came from. The linguists thought this language would have been most active around the 1400's. There are records and writings of this language that appear to be around that date of time. They found these records around the area's of where the current contries of Czechoslovika, Poland, Ukraine, and in the southern tip of Belarus. They belive that this might be a type of a Slavic language because of where the orgins are. But as the linguists studied the words, they do not appear Slavic. So why did the linguists think they were Slavic? Well, most of the reasons were to this; 1. The origins where the records were collected, 2. The sounds of the words, or 3. The spelling and letters. Other linguists argue otherwise. They do not say it is Slavic. They say that, "The words cannot honestly be Slavic. If you look at the words, most of them do not even to have the Slavic sounds that we know of!", a linguist from Warsaw, Poland added. They are wanting this discussion to stay in the European Area, but that is easier said than done. Only certian countries are allowed to debate this. As of today, (7 - 12 - 06) this debate will still continue until they decide what language family this language belongs too, and the 2 most important questions, What is this language called, and Is it still alive today?

Below are some of the examples of some of the words (with pronouciations) and you can decide for yourself if they are Slavic or not.

Kulna lournia ( kool-nah low-er-ni-ah )- From the land
    Enuyvelagh ( eh-nu-vi-leh-kah) - Everything
    Cione (sy-oh-neh) - Speaking
    Kyzerki (ki-ser-ki) - To walk
    Miglaji (mih-gh-la-gi) - Moving
    Anatay (ah-nah-tai) - Anything
    Avzgoї (ahv-zeh-goy) - To have
    Tarne (tah-er-neh) - To eat
    Voer (vow-er) - To decive
    Texau (tehk-ser-ah) - Read (to have the power to read)
    Rbour (ruh-bow-uhr) - Finish (Terminate)

Here is one of the records that were found. This is provided with the English translation and with the unknown language.

"From the heavens to the depths of the sea; he who is not greatful; will decive from the light. This light as we call it ''External" peace; from he who has giving of his heart; to have and to cherish..."

"Zernu muler ayskzi Nier ausay onk sutú; muac anadrilnїa; pasin atai sabiydi. Súbiydi habu dif stern neba "Agovsisour" sizh; dru múal ovan de sukaun; avzgoї triytu moluda..."

Música101 said:

maybe it's old english

PROPEL said:

i found a page on it!!!

http://www.abroadlanguages.com/fs399..._Language_/htm

oh, and to all you people who think i just made it up, or i am ''pulling your leg'', im not.
    i just found it a long time ago, and when i came here, i thought that someone else had heard about it.
    so im not pulling anyones leg, or i did not make anyof it up. (i dont have that much time on my hands to do something like that)

lollipop said:

Dear PROPEL, I am pretty sure, that "leg pulling" was more meant as a joke, and it was not directed at you at all..
    And I also am very sure, that you have not made this up.

Unfortunately the link, that you have put here, turns back with message: "The page cannot be found", maybe you copied wrong address?

operafantomet said:

oh, and to all you people who think i just made it up, or i am ''pulling your leg'', im not.
    i just found it a long time ago, and when i came here, i thought that someone else had heard about it.
    so im not pulling anyones leg, or i did not make anyof it up. (i dont have that much time on my hands to do something like that)
    Might as well be someone pulling YOUR leg. It can't be a totally unknown language if there is a modern recording of it. Might be someone doing a major practical joke. Where did you find the transcribed lyric in the first flace?

PROPEL said:

Oh ok.. i thought that people thought that i made it up.. wheww. lol

the link doesn't work? it worked yesterday. it worked until my internet went down b/c my modem just tottaly blew out last night. i have a replacement now, but i'll have to get a new one.. ok anyways..

i'll try and get it work, and see if i can find that again really soon.

operafantoment, i got it on a website a LONG time ago. i can't even remember the website. i just saved the lyrics in my wordpad.

13. emyiakab said:

Guys, Moldavian is a corrupt variant of Romanian, so as I am Romanian, no it isn t Moldavian!
    For those who do not know, Moldavia belonged once to Romania, but it has been taken by Russia after the War, while there was still the great URSS and now it is trying to become an independent country called Moldavia Republic.We still understand them, even though their language was corrupted because they were about to lose thei old Romanian origin and turned to Russians.It is situated next to the northern part of Romania, we are separated by a river called Prut.

14. Ensiferum88 said:

I found this song, I don't know what the name of the band is...

Help me find out what language this song is!

anyone speak this language???

Song: Sicespi

Karne dёsvik siju vú
    Tzuї tuko kulna lournia
    Dru na lokii anatay
    Itzaninur oschkimnaskim
    Hamnurtlejї stém nisku
    Usau ovan neskgovkogia

Nesi luisy dni asleiui
    Da yeski afnuersei secsigor

Fonki ni - tarni oblusu ёscusubam
    Fonki ni - neleslyuї kari miglaj do
    Fonki ni - caoni ai cionё
    Fonzici - ne e ólir

Scieuah voer!!

Or vauf eou eёmnianzhїea
    Do moїzheleu enuyvelagh dif
    Farmnu pudyuїl a neba obiichamu
    Od arnma da dumo i uskige
    Ecezї nirma ekzucisazu
    Nei neba stem dni túko siju

Nesi do cione da ovan
    Da yeski afunuersei sёcsigorvoma

Fonki ni - tarni oblusu ёscusubam
    Fonki ni - neleslyuї kari miglaj do
    Fonki ni - caoni ai cionё
    Fonzici - ne e ólir

Scieuah voer!! itumo devojukii!

It's Finnish, I can't believe no one figured that out. If people are so adamant that's its not, then Swedish is the only other logical alternative.

Miss_M said:

And it isn't Turkish also
    I was looking for u folks but I couldn't help!!
    Sorry I did the best I could.. I think

x

Miss_M said:

But Maybe Someon could help ME!!
    I have a song and it is rapping in Turkish But singing in ?????????
    That is the BIG question
    I think the singer is from Greece.
    Who can tell me that I'm right or wrong?
    And maybe someone could find the lyric of the refrain and translate it..

Here is the link where you can listen the song..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0KaeG2cSVHg

Thnx for even trying

x

razvy2 said:

I found this song, I don't know what the name of the band is...

Help me find out what language this song is!

anyone speak this language???

This is obviously a bad joke...

Just think about it, if you can find these lyrics on one site, you should be able to find them on some others... And what link has that wikipedia article?? It is taken from extraterrestrial space, from cosmos? ))
    No links, no nothing, my opinion is that is just a text made of many foreign and invented words.

What do you have to say in your defense, Propel? >:-)

18. emyiakab said:

To me sounds Turkish, but I can't speak the language and i have never heard what Finnish sounds like!

bertold said:

Yep. There's no such language for sure.
    Someone made it up. That's all.

The impossible things I manage at once.
    Miracles can take up to 3 days!