Really need the lyrics Please help me find them!

Thread: Really need the lyrics Please help me find them!

Tags: None
  1. cjrose said:

Question Really need the lyrics Please help me find them!

Ok found the name of the song and the artist:
    Somewhere between old and New York
    ByDave Grusin, Sung by Phoebe Snow.

But I can't find the lyrics. Anyone know where I might find them?
    Last edited by cjrose; 10-10-2005 at 06:51 PM.

2. cjrose said:

Smile looking for lyrics

Ok found the title and artist but need the lyrics to:
    Somewhere between old and New York
    By Dave Grusin and Phoebe Snow.

Would anyone have those lyrics?

Dark Angel said:

Where Has My Heart Gone?
    Trapped In The Eyes Of A Stranger...
    Oh I, I Want To Go Back To...
    Believing In Everything.

4. loverslane said:

try this:www.dantrish.com/PDFs/RYSsample.pdf . i am still looking lyrics for "Tick Tock" and "Haunting Me" sung by Randy Goodrum in Dave Grusin's album Night_lines. Can anyone help me?

5. S.Jones said:

Loverslane,

I have the lyrics on the album liner but the file sizes exceed the attachment limits. Are u still looking ?

6. Aleah said:

i aynt beind sad but i dnt get these threads wit tha lyric thangs

7. Aleah said:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Angel
    i lyk yo signature

8. loverslane said:

dear s. jones......yup, from which liner do you have? i didnt find in my cd nor tapes. you must have it from LP liner then. i am still needing them all: tick tock, haunting me, somewhere between old and new york, thankful n thoughtful, all which appear on dave grusin "night-lines" album. i would apprecaite it if you scan, resize it to smaller but readable, and mail them too me. english is not my mother tongue, i still have difficulties to write them lyrics based on my hearing like "bring the benneton" which should be "bring the pennant home" on "somewhere between old and new york" just found the correct one after goggling and find that lyrics on the links i gave. you a fan of dave grusin too, or randy goodrum?

9. Aleah said:

damn i didnt read that bt its lng

10. S.Jones said:

Loverslane,
    I am new to the forum but it appears that I can respond to you via Yahoo. If this is possible I'll try to send via Yahoo. I did try to scan and resize but the resulting file (~21k) was exceeded the forum attachment limits. I'll try to get it to you by tommorrow. (11/29)

The lyrics are on the lp inside liner. I'm really a traditonal jazz fan, and somehow I picked up this album. I thought it was good and I really enjoyed "Somewhere Between Old and New York"
    Last edited by S.Jones; 11-28-2005 at 07:58 PM.

11. S.Jones said:

regarding my email message, you need to save the attachment as a .jpg file on your computer then open using the browser.

12. loverslane said:

'nightlines" is a very good album. 1 year in billboard jazz chart explains it. it is also my favorite. pls alse send me all lyrics in that album. believe me, i have tried the net to no avail.....i appreciate what you do. but why LP? do you like its soaund quality?
    Last edited by loverslane; 11-29-2005 at 08:30 AM.
    no signature needed.

13. princess_chass504 said:

no you should go to www.dapslyrics.com or you shold go to www.azlyrics.com them is good looking for lyrics mostly www.azlyrics.com

14. S.Jones said:

loverslane,
    This is a old lp. I purchased this album when cds were just becoming popular.

Did you get my email ?

15. loverslane said:

Talking i got it!

dear s. jones,

thanks for sending me those lyrics, now i sing to them all day, realizing that i make a lot of mistakes writing those lyrics just by hearing only. once again, thanks.

prince chass 504, i have loked them up in websites you address to, none is available there.
    no signature needed.

16. Aleah said:

17. Bee Hylinski said:

Lightbulb Somewhere Between Old and New York

I'd love the lyrics, but also who wrote it. Anyone find this info out?

18. loverslane said:

cd inner sleeve says "Randy Goodrum & Dave Loggins."
    no signature needed.

19. davss said:

Default Lyrics for "SOMEWHERE BETWEEN OLD AND NEW YORK"

Hi...

Firstly, so far it seems that Randy Goodrum and Dave Loggins wrote the song. Here are the lyrics as I hear them (see NOTE below the lyrics):

For 60 years he shined shoes in the same spot in the shadow of Yankee Stadium...
    As he shines he hears the game, and in his mind he hears his name as if he played for them...
    Takes his turn at bat, there's the pitch, he swings at it, and it's gone...
    Back through the years he's gone...
    To take the field with Ruth and Gehrig, bring the pennant home...
    He sees himself in pinstripes, in a lineup of his own...
    He's stranded on a basepath, somewhere between old and New York...

As a customer asks for the shine, he snaps his glove, another inning ends...
    Dodgers come to bat, there's a drive, he makes the catch to point he's tossed again...
    His cloth becomes a glove, as it's done with every customer he's known...
    Back through the years he's gone...
    To take the field with Maris and Mantle, bring the pennant home...
    He sees himself in pinstripes, in a lineup of his own...

Takes his turn at bat, there's the pitch, he swings at it, there it goes...
    Back through the years he goes...
    Ride a ticker tape parade with Joe DiMaggio...
    As he patiently signs an autograph with a spitshine on a toe...

Oooooh...
    Between old and New York...
    Da-da-daaa...
    Oooooh...
    Between old and New York...
    Oooooh...

NOTE: I am not fully certain if Phoebe is singing/saying "...to point he's tossed again..." at the end of the 2nd line of the 2nd verse...based upon my interpretation of the words, referring to "(tossed) "again", perhaps the batter's hit was caught earlier in that particular game, and this is the 2nd time he was tossed out...still, I'm more accustomed to "tossing out" being associated with a batter being caught/tagged between bases...if so, then perhaps he made the catch and then threw the ball to an infielder to "toss out" the batter somewhere on the basepath...