belly dancing music

Thread: belly dancing music

Tags: None
  1. gina50 said:

Wink belly dancing music

My kids like belly dancing music. We have one tape and I'd like to broaden the collection. Any suggestions on good artists and cd's .

Thanks
    Gina

wisalias said:

Quote Originally Posted by gina50 View Post
    My kids like belly dancing music. We have one tape and I'd like to broaden the collection. Any suggestions on good artists and cd's .

Thanks
    Gina
    sezen aksu - rakkas "salla salla gül .... çağlasın"

you can also find some harem or asena's music just for belly dancing but they are instrumental, no lyrics...

i will write a few more but sezen aksu's is the best!!!!!

alp_er said:

YES SHE IS! u can listen to ' onu alma beni al' too!

Tahira said:

Hi Gina,
    which direction are you looking for: classical arabic belly dance music, turkish/greek belly dance music, arabic popmusic, modern belly dance music.; belly dance music esp. for small children?
    There´s a whole lot.
    Sezen Aksu (Rakkas = Sala) and the Harem CDs are a good choice, but if your children are beginners they might be to difficult to dance to.
    There is an american production by "the belly dance superstars" which have a wide range of music and the CDs have a selection of many sections (classical, pop and modern).

So, if you like, write a little bit more what you are looking for and we can help you.

HAve a nice day, Tahira
  5. kalle said:

Dear Gina,
    the answer is: Kardes Turkuler's Bahar album!
    They'll absolutely love it!!
    Try and see
  6. kalle said:

"Istanbul Oriental Ensemble" is the best.

Here you go:

Amazon.com At a Glance: Istanbul Oriental Ensemble

Thanks.

Tahira said:

Hi Kalle,

Istanbul Oriental Ensemble is a great choice, also the other possibilities Milena gave us (I love Asena CD).

Unfortunatelly Gina didn´t answer anymore. So we should know how old are her children. I found out, children/people raised only with western music have problems in listening to typical turkish or arabic music.

I give lessons in belly dancing to children and I found out that they love e.g. Dudu, Simarik bei Tarkan or Boro Boro by Arash. So to say easy-listening music.

Maybe gina replies soon.

Bye, Tahira
  8. gina50 said:

Thanks to all that replied to my email. I'm so surprised so many people replied. I My kids are 20 mths., 7 and 4yrs old. The oldest is a girl and loves all the belly dancing clothing. They all like Turkish music some songs more than others. I have to admit I was not aware of the vast variety of belly dancing. Please excuse my ignorance. My turkish friends didn't tell me there were different kinds. But they are not into belly dancing like that either. So please educate me so I can teach my daughter the differences. I am also my own research too.
    Thanks again everyone.

Tahira said:

Hi Gina,

here are some links from youtube to listen to, maybe it helps you:

YouTube - baba fen باباÙين

YouTube - Tarkan - Dudu [Music Video]

YouTube - sezen aksu-rakkas www.nurelif.com ÃœCRETSÄ°Z SMS SÄ°TESÄ°

And here is an adresse for an Music retailer from the USA, he distributes worldwide:
    https://www.hollywoodmusiccenter.com/

and he has almost everything!

Have a nice day, Tahira
  10. gina50 said:

Hi Tahira,

My kids really liked the baba fen video. Do you have the lyrics to "Dudu"? Is this song just a good belly dancing song? Any ideas on some easy children songs?

Thanks again for the help.
  11. elisiario said:

hi... i make bellydance and my teacher is from egypt..exist lots of good songs there...you can find Hakim, he is one of the most famous egypcian singers and the songs are very nice, they are not instrumental...and you have the bellydance superstars cds they are good too..if you want a give to you my email and i can send you good songs..

Tahira said:

Hi Gina,
    these both songs (baba fen and Dudu) are songs, which "my children"/pupils like very much. Thats why I suggested them to you. The Baba fen song is called Ha´lu (Hello) and you can find it on a CD called Tarbish (CD Cover is a baby wearing a turkish fez/hat); Dudu is on a Tarkan-CD. I wouldn´t call Dudu a typical belly dance song, but the children like it and you can make smooth movements.
    As elisario and I mentioned before, if you choose the bellydance superstars CDs (I prefer Vol 1-3) you will have a great selection. There is also Asena Music, very modern music von Said Mrad, egyptian Pop as Hakim,Khaled Agag, Nancy Ajram; classical dance music (but I guess this is kin dof difficult to hear for your children).

Another idea - I don´t know where you live in the US but maybe you live in a bigger town where turkish or arab immigrants live, so you should go into their shops and most of them offer diferent kind of CDs to a very cheap price. At least in Germany they do it so.

You´re welcome if you have more questions.
    Have a nice day, Tahira