Brazilian Music

Thread: Brazilian Music

Tags: None

Alia2 said:

Talking Brazilian Music

hello to everyone!!!
    does anyone know any good singers or bands from Brazil?
    i like portuguese of brazil veryyy much, but a bit difficult to find nice songs, cause lots of latin music comes without words, mostly made for disco.
    if anyone can help me in some way, i'll be really grateful.
    thanks )))))))

karina Castro said:

Oiiiiiii (Hii)

Ohh... there is many kinds of Brazilian music... there's SAMBA, MPB, AXÉ, PAGODE, FORRÓ, BOSSA NOVA, FUNK, more and more! hehehe

I will tell you some musics that i like so much and that is really famouse!! I hope that u like it 2!

Some brazilian music 2 u:

Vanessa da Mata- ai ai ai

Vanessa da Mata- Não me deixe só

Vanessa da Mata e Ben harper- Boa sorte/ God luck

Ana Carolina- Quem de nós dois

*Ivete Sangalo:
    -Poeira
    -Abalou
    -Não me conte os seus problemas
    -Nosso sonho, conquista e poder
    -País Tropical
    -Arerê
    -Berimbau metalizado

Caetano Veloso- Me larga

Caetano Veloso- Luz de Tieta

Kuarto de empregada- Homem aranha

Piriri pompom

Problematica

Perlla- Totalmente demais

Mc Marcinho- Glamurosa

Mc Leozinho- Se ela dança eu danço

Olodum- Avisa lá

Meninos Hp- Requebra

Psirico- Ratata Tumtumtumm

Psirico- Ai Delicia

Psirico- Sabonete

Excesso de Bagagem- Toda metralhada

Calypso- Gringo Lindo

Calypso- Tchau pra você

Calypso- a lua me traiu

Calcinha Preta- Hoje a noite

Novela paraiso tropical- Cabide

Babado novo- Canudinho na boca

Babado novo- Mãozinha mãozinha

Mc papo- Piriguete

Papas da lingua- Eu sei

Tania Mara- Se quiser

Chico Buarque e Erasmo Carlos- Olha

Mc a princesa e o plabeu- Essa garota

Inimigos do Hp- Toca um samba aí

Zeca pagodinho- Deixa a vida me levar

Zeca pagodinho- Rataúia

Skank- Balada do amor inabalável

Skank- é uma partida de futebol

Roupa nova- Wisky a go-go

I HOPE THAT U LIKEEE... i'm very glad to know that u like brazilian music!
    hahhahahaha

So in portuguese i will say: Tchau Alia, espero que goste! *
    Bye Alia, i hope that u like it!
    Last edited by karina Castro; 09-01-2007 at 11:08 AM.

Alia2 said:

Talking thanks

thanks !!!!!

THANKS!!!!! u helped me soooo much/

i speak italian, it's so so similar to portughese!!!

thanks a lot again. Alia

karina Castro said:

Hi Aliaaa...

Ohh i would like 2 speek italian... now i'm learning greek the next language will be italian for sure! u r so luck to speek italian!

Ohh u r wellcome dear... have fun whit these songs!
    i hope thatu like it!

Alia2 said:

Talking

ohhh, u are learning languages at the university????
    that's really great ! u are also lucky to learn greek, i would like to figure out in greek, i even started . but ...
    well, italian is great, really nice. i like this language and will continue developing it )))

lesenna said:

Quote Originally Posted by Alia2 View Post
    hello to everyone!!!
    does anyone know any good singers or bands from Brazil?
    i like portuguese of brazil veryyy much, but a bit difficult to find nice songs, cause lots of latin music comes without words, mostly made for disco.
    if anyone can help me in some way, i'll be really grateful.
    thanks )))))))
    Hello Alia!!!! I am from Brazil too and i think i helped u some time ago with brazilian portuguese lyrics translation. It was a very pleasure for me and i am very glad that u love our language and our country!!!
    If u want, i can help u to learn portuguese, you can count on me, ok?
    Later i'll post other good brazilian songs for u!
    Kisses!

Alia2 said:

hello !!!! yes, there was a girl who helped me with brazil. songs whom i was veryyy much grateful )))), but maybe u changed ur picture
    u know, i started to study portuguese !!!!! but the classical one, which is spoken in Portugal ... i don't like much, because it's like spanish, which i don't like at allllll . BUT the portuguese in BRAZIL sounds GREAT!!!! if u can help me please to understand the difference between these 2 variants of the language , i'll thank u a lot !
    PS. YES, i adore Brazil !!!! my dream is to visit this country and some my friends from Brazil ))) hope one day i will !!
    best wishes, Alia

lesenna said:

hello !!!! yes, there was a girl who helped me with brazil. songs whom i was veryyy much grateful, but maybe u changed ur picture
    u know, i started to study portuguese !!!!! but the classical one, which is spoken in Portugal ... i don't like much, because it's like spanish, which i don't like at allllll . BUT the portuguese in BRAZIL sounds GREAT!!!! if u can help me please to understand the difference between these 2 variants of the language , i'll thank u a lot !
    PS. YES, i adore Brazil !!!! my dream is to visit this country and some my friends from Brazil hope one day i will !!
    best wishes, Alia
    Yes, i changed my picture Ohhh, great that u started to study portuguese and you are right the language spoken in Portugal is not good... I think it is an ugly portuguese LOL The best portuguese spoken is really here in Brazil, so our country is very big and there are many forms of speak the language but it is not a problem because everyone can understand each other without problems!
    So, tell me, how do u do your classes? With a teacher or by internet, or by yourself? When i'll have more time i'll post u the differences between the 2 variants of portuguese, but don't worry, it'll be soon It is a pleasure for me to share knowledge about our language!
    I hope u can come here!!!
    Regards

Alia2 said:

Talking

hi!!!!
    thanks!!! i'm SOSOSOOOOOO happy that u'll help me with portuguese!!!!!! yes, i study alone/ with a book " Manual de Portugues", where i don't understand much ( esp pronunciation) cause it's totally different from what i head from people from Brazil )) and also with internet.
    anyway, u know, i found this about pronunciation Brazilian Portuguese Pronunciation can u please tell me if here everything is ok, or maybe sth is wrong/

PS. thanks for ur help!!! i really need it )))) much

lesenna said:

hi!!!!
    thanks!!! i'm SOSOSOOOOOO happy that u'll help me with portuguese!!!!!! yes, i study alone/ with a book " Manual de Portugues", where i don't understand much ( esp pronunciation) cause it's totally different from what i head from people from Brazil ) and also with internet.
    anyway, u know, i found this about pronunciation Brazilian Portuguese Pronunciation can u please tell me if here everything is ok, or maybe sth is wrong/

PS. thanks for ur help!!! i really need it much
    Yes, Alia!! This site that you've found about Brazilian Portuguese pronunciation is very good! It is everything ok there, i liked so much! As they say there Brazil is a large and diverse country so the pronunciations changes from region to region... For example: when they say about the "r" letter, here where i live is kinda different. As i must told you i live in southern Brazil, so we don't pronounce this letter at the end of word somewhat gutterally
    Buttttt, if you go to Rio de Janeiro state, São Paulo and others in Southeast, Northeast and North they will pronounce this gutteral "r"...
    I hope u could understand what i mean!

lesenna said:

Default Differences between Brazilian Portuguese and Portugal's Portuguese

There are many differences between the Portuguese language spoken in Brazil and the Portuguese language spoken in Portugal, even though there is the same language itself. We can do a comparison like the English spoken in the USA and the English spoken in UK. Some peculiarities about the "2 portugueses"

Vocabulary - The differences can be explained coz the influences of other languages in Brazilian Portuguese, especially from native/indigenous language and African languages. I.e. montra (Portugal)/vitrine (Brazil) = store window.

Phonetics - There are deep differences. Generally, the Portugal's Portuguese pronounce is faster and dull, for example: Al'manha (Alemanha)* = Germany; esp'rança (esperança)* = hope; p'reira (pereira)* = pear tree

Morphology - The differences are:
    Verbal forms, for example: estou a fazer, ando a fazer (Portugal); estou fazendo (Brazil). In this case, the both forms are grammatically correct but people speak differently in both countries. Usually portuguese people use the infinitive and brazilian people use the gerund.

The suffix "ito", for example: rapazito, boquita (common in Portugal). Actually, this diminutive suffix is an influence from spanish language. In Brazil we use the diminutive suffix "inho": rapazinho = little boy; boquinha = little mouth. These cases show generally afection.

Syntax - There are some differences in colloquial language among Portugal's portuguese and Brazilian portuguese:
    In Brazil we use usually the proclisis (the pronoun before the verb): me disseram, te confesso. In Portugal the enclisis is more common (the pronounce after the verb): disseram-me, confesso-te**

Semantics - The portuguese words not always have the same meaning. Many same words have different meanings in difference contexts. For example: "comboio" (convoy) => this word in brazilian portuguese means "many cars in the same place" and in Portugal's portuguese means "train"

* the words in parenthesis are written in Brazilian portuguese
    ** me disseram or disseram-me = they told me/te confesso or confesso-te = i confess you

I hope i could help you more

Alia2 said:

Talking

Oi ! Bom dia, come estas ? )))
    so, i started, thanks a lot !!!!!

if i have some problems esp with a pronunciation, can i please ask u for help?
    i have a friend from Porto-Alegre ! unfortunately we don't talk very often, cause he works....
    so, i'm really interested in southern manner of speak. but anyway this "r" is not a problem for me, cause i speak french )))

thanks a lot !!!! big hug, Alia

lesenna said:

Oi ! Bom dia, come estas ?
    so, i started, thanks a lot !!!!!

if i have some problems esp with a pronunciation, can i please ask u for help?
    i have a friend from Porto-Alegre ! unfortunately we don't talk very often, cause he works....
    so, i'm really interested in southern manner of speak. but anyway this "r" is not a problem for me, cause i speak french

thanks a lot !!!! big hug, Alia
    Boa noite!! (when i am writing this reply is evening here ) Estou bem, e você? (I'm fine and you?)
    Of course, dear friend, u can ask me any doubt and ask me for help whatever u need Yes, i can tell u the southern manner of speak is the clearest portuguese in Brazil
    So, a little correction to help you:
    It is not "come estás?" and the correct is "Como estás?" or "Como vai?" (How are you? means both sentences) and the answer is the same i've written above
    I hope this hint can help you more!

Big hug!!

AnnaVissi said:

Quote Originally Posted by karina Castro View Post
    Hi Aliaaa...

Ohh i would like 2 speek italian... now i'm learning greek the next language will be italian for sure! u r so luck to speek italian!

Ohh u r wellcome dear... have fun whit these songs!
    i hope thatu like it!
    ohh...greek..oreo..ego matho ellinika to idio...m aresi para ma para poli..e italiano...parlo bene la lingua....but I WANNA LEARN PORTUGISE...pes mou...pion einai megaliteri starstin brazil?

karina Castro said:

gEIa sou...
    8eleis na ma8eis portogalika? ti wraiooo, an 8es mporw na se dida3w!!
    pion einai o magaliteri star sthn vrazilia? hmmm... den 3erw pion einai giati exei polla stars sthn Vrazilia! xaxa! maresi polu i vanessa da Mata, o Caetano Veloso, Ivete Sangalo... tous 3ereis? apo oti vlepw s aresi Anna Vissi e? xix... k egw o xatzigiannis... axxxx!!!
    apo pou eisai? mats mOutS *

AnnaVissi said:

gEIa sou...
    8eleis na ma8eis portogalika? ti wraiooo, an 8es mporw na se dida3w!!
    pion einai o magaliteri star sthn vrazilia? hmmm... den 3erw pion einai giati exei polla stars sthn Vrazilia! xaxa! maresi polu i vanessa da Mata, o Caetano Veloso, Ivete Sangalo... tous 3ereis? apo oti vlepw s aresi Anna Vissi e? xix... k egw o xatzigiannis... axxxx!!!
    apo pou eisai? mats mOutS *
    gia...alithia;alla i portogalika einai ligo disko..ti xero...malista thelo...daskaladen ixera alla tora akuo caetano veloso kai anna karolina...i anna vissi?!...lol...mi rotas gia afto..kai mihailis..eimai erotevmeni me ton..:P...pote tragodei "kai an mou tilefonouses...ego slash wrists:Pbtw how s on greek that:slashing wrists)...lol...
  17. wantmusic said:

Default Brazilian dance music!

Oi!

I just returned from Brazil, and loved the country, the people and the music! We went clubbing quite often and loved some of the Brazilian dance music being played in the clubs. can someone point me to an online charts which show the top Brazilian dance/pop songs.

I found some Brazilian radio sites like, http://www.97fm.com.br/top20/ but they did not have any portuges songs listed!!! Itunes did not help either...

Can someone please help me find the songs that I loved!!

Obrigado!
  18. gulalaijonney said:

Default I need help!

I'm learning Brazilian Portuguese and was hoping to find a love song that I can memorize and sing to my gatinho. He lived in brazil for two years and I want so badly to speak the language with him. Can anyone tell me if any of these are a good love song? Obrigada!

Senceremente
    Gulalai

Oiiiiiii (Hii)

Ohh... there is many kinds of Brazilian music... there's SAMBA, MPB, AXÉ, PAGODE, FORRÓ, BOSSA NOVA, FUNK, more and more! hehehe

I will tell you some musics that i like so much and that is really famouse!! I hope that u like it 2!

Some brazilian music 2 u:

Vanessa da Mata- ai ai ai

Vanessa da Mata- Não me deixe só

Vanessa da Mata e Ben harper- Boa sorte/ God luck

Ana Carolina- Quem de nós dois

*Ivete Sangalo:
    -Poeira
    -Abalou
    -Não me conte os seus problemas
    -Nosso sonho, conquista e poder
    -País Tropical
    -Arerê
    -Berimbau metalizado

Caetano Veloso- Me larga

Caetano Veloso- Luz de Tieta

Kuarto de empregada- Homem aranha

Piriri pompom

Problematica

Perlla- Totalmente demais

Mc Marcinho- Glamurosa

Mc Leozinho- Se ela dança eu danço

Olodum- Avisa lá

Meninos Hp- Requebra

Psirico- Ratata Tumtumtumm

Psirico- Ai Delicia

Psirico- Sabonete

Excesso de Bagagem- Toda metralhada

Calypso- Gringo Lindo

Calypso- Tchau pra você

Calypso- a lua me traiu

Calcinha Preta- Hoje a noite

Novela paraiso tropical- Cabide

Babado novo- Canudinho na boca

Babado novo- Mãozinha mãozinha

Mc papo- Piriguete

Papas da lingua- Eu sei

Tania Mara- Se quiser

Chico Buarque e Erasmo Carlos- Olha

Mc a princesa e o plabeu- Essa garota

Inimigos do Hp- Toca um samba aí

Zeca pagodinho- Deixa a vida me levar

Zeca pagodinho- Rataúia

Skank- Balada do amor inabalável

Skank- é uma partida de futebol

Roupa nova- Wisky a go-go

I HOPE THAT U LIKEEE... i'm very glad to know that u like brazilian music!
    hahhahahaha

So in portuguese i will say: Tchau Alia, espero que goste! *
    Bye Alia, i hope that u like it!
  19. cateyez said:

Does anyone know what the name of the song in this video is?
    Or
    can anyone tell me the lyrics so i can look them up?

Thank you soo much!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoATbfzP7PY

Inconsolable89 said:

i did dowload some of those songs
    soo good