Solved: French ballad?

Thread: Solved: French ballad?

Tags: None
  1. Boby said:

Default Solved: French ballad?

Hi,
    this year I was in France in a small hotel in a city outside paris (Ferrie-en-brie) and one night a wedding party took place the level below us - that loud, I wasn't able to fall asleep in the beginning. But after some time, I fell asleep - and got woken up by a song (around 3 am!) I want to identify.

My problems:
    - I was very sleepy
    - I don't understand French

So here are the little facts I can offer to you - maybe someone knows that song:

- The song was sung in French
    - The singer war male
    - It was a slow, powerful ballad (the speed was similar to "Reality" by Richard Sanderson)
    - At the end of the chorus where was "de l'amour" - and exactly this part was very long ("amoooouuuuuur" - I guess 5 to 10 seconds long) - and everyone was singing to this part very loud - so I'm sure, the song was very well known by almost everyone there. So - my hope - this is a very popular song in France.

Unfortunately this is all I can offer as details - I hope someone will recognize the song and can tell me, who's the singer and what's the title of the song.
    I guess I searched almost every song on youtube which has "l'amour" in its title...

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Boby

2. ellie said:

could it be "c'est pas d'l'amour?"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8r...st-pas-dlamour

I'm guessing it might be one of the famous singers like Jean-Jacques Goldman or Johnny Halliday.

3. Boby said:

Hi ellie!
    First: Thank you very much for this hint - especially for the names of these two artists.
    Second: The song you posted isn't the song, I was looking for. This song is a little bit too soft; the song I was looking for was a slow, very powerful song - a song, where many people were singing the chorus very, very loud.

BUT I listended to many, many videos on youtube & co and seen from the style of the music, I guess it was Johnny Halliday (if it was it one of these two at all).

When I am talking about a "powerful ballad", I can give you an examle what I mean with that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mKvl1uOlKs
    I know, this is an old song form Edith Piaf, but there I miss the strechted "l'amour" at the end of the chorus.

So, I would be grateful for further hints - it's really hard to look for a song without knowing more details. But I'm sure, when I'll hear it, I'll know it instantly!

Thanks,
    Boby

4. Boby said:

Hi all,
    after months of almost getting crazy, a user having a lot of french ballads gave me the final hint!!!

The song is from a famous French musical called "Les Dix Commandements" and the name of the song is "L'envie d'aimer". The singer is David Levy, although I found a bunch of version of this song sung by a lot of people. David Levy played the role Moses in this musical.

Here is the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNN1Kwwh1GY

Watch, listen and enjoy - it's one of the greatest songs ever!!!

Bye,
    Robert

lollipop said:

Thank you for letting us know

Solved.