A song I heard in a film

Thread: A song I heard in a film

Tags: None
  1. mbenavides08 said:

Default A song I heard in a film

Anyone ever heard of the song from the film Battle of the Algiers, with the following lyrics: Hasta maņana rebecca?

This song was just background music in a french bar in the film. It is has a latin beat and the song obviously is in spanish.

Thanks

lollipop said:

One song named Rebeca performed by Perez Prado is on this movie soundtrack, but i don't know, is this the song.
    Here is 30 sec sample: http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/wind...6-WMLO,00.html

3. mbenavides08 said:

Default song about prado perez

That's not it. the tune can be heard by ennio marconne.

Or Luigi di Parma, Moonlight passions... Saxiphone tunes.

or just go to utube and watch a piece of battle of the algiers movie (1960s)

4. mbenavides08 said:

Default question is who is the actual artist?

I want to know who is the real artist?

5. pavgrig said:

The Chakachas - Rebecca

6. gilbertramirez said:

Default Les Chachakas

Thanks for the info. I think the 1959 version maybe the one used in the film.

7. gilbertramirez said:

Hello everybody. Youtube now has the other version of the song heard in the film. It is by the group Les Chakachas. It is not as heavily arranged ( horns) as the the other version. Still it is very good I think.

8. King_Tut said:

Quote Originally Posted by gilbertramirez View Post
    Hello everybody. Youtube now has the other version of the song heard in the film. It is by the group Les Chakachas. It is not as heavily arranged ( horns) as the the other version. Still it is very good I think.
    I agree. It is a great song with a simple and enjoyable harmony. can any one write the Spanish lyrics?

9. King_Tut said:

Quote Originally Posted by namratasnv View Post
    Hi, I have to first listen to the song and then I have to find out the lyrics in spanish as, this is what I am hearing for the first time. Thanks!
    I got the Lyrics. Another member wrote down for me here: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/sp...a-rebecca.html

King_Tut