Talking

urime pavarsine dhe ty korcare

(8)Jam Shqiptar me gjak, Shqiptar me emer
    Dardan me fis, Kosovar me zemer(8)

hajdee si mos e pelqejm "rap" ne gjuhen shqipe
  2. Korcare19 said:

haha tamam
    thanks for the corrections as well

hey where do you live btw? im curious cause you said above that you celebrated downtown and it was raining! ..same thing i did and it was raining lol
  3. Balkaneuro said:

lol you tell me and i'll tell you if i was there :P
  4. Vajzemalsore said:

well it wasnt raining in NY and the celebration was in timesquare... so that leaves a few other places it coulve been. Pristina, Tuzi (but they only celebrated indoors because of their Serb neighbors), Detroit and Tirane

Cortom-Im from New York =) (However, I'd much rather be in Europe)
  5. Korcare19 said:

haha ok well then i'd assume Toronto cause it's where i am
    and it was raining. what are the chances
  6. Balkaneuro said:

canada eh? or maybe even ottawa? or chicago haha or London, England it always rains there :P
    Last edited by Balkaneuro; 02-20-2008 at 06:20 PM.
  7. Korcare19 said:

well.. see i saw pictures from the event in England and it hadent rained, so that was eliminated :P
    i wasn't sure about celebrations in Ottawa and Chicago
    so i obviously guessed where i went and where it rained.
    id make a good dedective haha
    but yeah kot pyeta .. ku te duash jeto lol

cortom said:

Default Mames by Elvana Gjata

A - not very literal - translation, cooked up by studying Korcare's and Balkaneuro's posts closely. What do you think? Could it be that this is more or less what she means? What about that line 'modestin ...'? And who can explain to me what 'flows' are. I know, I'm very oldfashioned, everyone probably knows except me.

Like an aeroplane Elvana has arrived (has become famous)
    They don't know everything I do (now)
    They only know what I did (in the past)
    I'm a woman, not a man (ai <--> ajo)
    (That's) why I do it in a girl's way, I'm not to blame.
    I'm not the first to be number one (i.e.: in the charts)
    I only say what you say too
    Everyone knows the first (=best?) guys and girls (singers? popstars?)
    And who can say which one is best?

On radio and television you hear "Tė dy, mos mė mundo" (her hit-song with Tingulli 3nt)
    Everyone's fascinated with my 'piercing' voice

In all modesty, it (i.e. my voice) is without equal
    You may want it, but you can not buy it
    Girls, don't forget it, girls, listen
    and sing this refrain

There's nothing like this text
    there's nothing like these beats
    there's nothing like these flows
    that make my success

Edit 1:I found 'por'=but, so Korcare (beneath) is right and I'm wrong. So maybe it should read: 'I'm not the first, but I am the best'. (Which is not very modest, see below).

I also found 'vėrej'='notice', and I allready noticed that '-ė-' is often omitted (which is a real nuisance if you have to use a dictionary). So if 'vren' should be read as 'vėren' (is that a correct form of the verb?) I propose: 'Everyone notices my remarkable voice, but they don't notice my modesty'. To be continued?
    Last edited by cortom; 02-21-2008 at 02:41 PM.
  9. Korcare19 said:

I can't help with all of these cause im really bad especially.. with comprehending and translating the real meaning.

but flow is ..how well or the way the lyrics/rhyme goes with the beat.
    or how the lyrics flow with he rest of the song.

I'm not the first to be number one (i.e.: in the charts)
    it's actually im not first im number one .. im guessing she refers to herself as the best (it sounds very general so maybe its not just about charts).
  10. Balkaneuro said:

yeah, cortom you've done quite well with translating the lyrics, but the one thing with Albanian is that we express things very differently( I guess that is with all languages but it most cases it won't work if you try to translate albanian sayings and meaning into common english language meanings because simply they just don't get the right point across!

when she says

"nuk jam e para" this means i am not the first one (to be a female albanian singer/rapper)

"por jam numer nji" this means but i am number one, regardless of me not being the first in this business i'm still considered the best

and about verej, you may well be correct because gheg in most cases doesn't use the pronounciation of "e" they shorten many words, and for example "Shqipėri" in toske would be "Shqypni" in Gheg. "ėshtė" would be "asht" in Gheg and "mbret" would become "mret" in Gheg. Note which letters change and which are dropped. There are many cases were not even the vocabulary is alike... so it is a bit difficult to comprehend.
  11. Demetra said:

I have one question...not аbout lirycs,but i hope u will hepl.So
    One of my colleagues expecting new-bor baby boy,after day ot two.I want to greet him on his own language.He will be verry happy.
    Any suggestions?
  12. Balkaneuro said:

you can say "t'ju roje me ymer" "urime"
  13. Demetra said:

That is all..i expected somthing very long.
    Here we say something like:
    "Congrads,,,,let your son/doughter be most helthy,happy and beautiful child,god bless him/her and so on.."
    I know what urime means,but what "t'ju roje me ymer" means exactly?

cortom said:

Quote Originally Posted by Balkaneuro View Post
    [...] in most cases it won't work if you try to translate albanian sayings and meaning into common english language meanings because simply they just don't get the right point across! [...]
    Yes, I'm fully aware of that. Often, a literal translation is more informative than a free-form one. And it certainly helps building vocabulary. But sometimes a literal translation is as cryptic and unintelligible as the original text, and then I'm glad when someone just tell me what the text is about, even if some fine points get lost.
  15. Balkaneuro said:

t'ju roje me ymer means like let he/she live with a long and blessed life.. I guess, we don't say much that pretty much sums it all up, maybe Korcare knows something else, you can also add "me shendet e lumturi" which means with health and happiness. if it is infact a baby boy you can say tju roje djali me shendet, lumturi e me prinder," with health, happiness and family. What i've noticed maybe not all albanians do this but if someone we know is pregnant people say "zoti nje djale" which means like "may God bless you with a son" i don't know thats what they say... but you can also say "zoti nje vajze"
  16. Demetra said:

I think i will have serious problems with this language
    i really need to find albanian here,who speaks bulgarian,because it is too much for me...albanian,english,bulgaria...there is no word to word translation.

t'ju roje me ymer -tell me-which word means what?
  17. Vajzemalsore said:

Well I think with albanians if you say zoti nje vajze its kind of an insult because as dumb as it is, they always feel its a blessing if they have a boy (because boys carry the family name). Sometimes when people are pregnant i hear people say "ishalla i djale" meaning "hopefully a boy" but you cant really say "ishalla i vajze" because traditionally, boys are more wanted.

For instance my grandparents cried when i was born because i was like 7th granddaughter, they wanted boys to carry the name. I never let them live that down =)
  18. Demetra said:

Vajzemalsore,
    that "boys" stuff is not just albanian...all balkans have mania of it.I really do not understand if we must have boys all....hwo the F will give birth...
    In Bulgaria we have problems with names.Yor first child must have name like the father of the husband....many families get devorse just for one name...
    In fact about my question...i really do not understand what can i write to my friend(somethig to make any sence to me) about his baby,maybe i will use makedonian.
  19. Balkaneuro said:

demetra just say "tju roje me ymer" this is the best thing you can say to someone who has a new born child and every albanian uses this term. tju roje =let it live me ymer=long happy life.

it's true albanians always want a son, people will have as many kids until they get a son, but times are changing these days.. ive heard some albanians say zoti nje vajze ONLY if they already have a son though, and as for demetras comments on names, we albanians do that to you name the kids after the inlaws, but this is not so big of a deal, if someone in the family passed away years ago, like a grandfather/great grandfather some also name their kids this too
  20. irisi said:

Smile please help

I like this song sooooo mch but i don understand the words!! Can somebodu translate this song from albanian to english? song name HAPE VETEN from Aurela Gace.
    PLEASE HELP ME