In The Night (Phil Collins)

Thread: In The Night (Phil Collins)

Tags: None
  1. 612chris said:

Default In The Night (Phil Collins)

Does anyone have any ideas about what this song refers to? I am not a big Collins fan, but found this tune on an anti war song board. I can't quite figure it out.
    Thanks, 612chris
  2. 612chris said:

Default In The Night by Phil Collins

Please, does ANYONE have any ideas about what this song is supposed to be about?
    He has lines like "if you were drowning I wouldn't lend a hand"
    "I saw what you did"
    I don't think it is a song to a past lover; it is too venomous, I do think it is about some action the person took that affected humankind. See, I really haven't a clue. Please help.
    Chris
  3. generic said:

funny that these lyrics should interest you. there are entire websites based around the meaning/motivation for this song. phil has been asked in many interviews and from what i can tell his story has changed over the years.
    go here: http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1198 to start with. good luck
  4. 612chris said:

Default In The Air Tonight

Thank you so much for leading me to the web site with some explanations about this song. Never have/had been a fan of Genesis, just not my kind of stuff, but found this song compelling. I saw it on a board that lists anti war songs. (I am convinced if we had better anti-war music the Iraq war would be over) I listened to it many times and couldn't get the connection between ending a war and the song.
    I did appreciate Mr. Collin's honesty that he used his drum machine for some of the actual writing/composition of this song. Few artists would offer that.
    Well, another mystery solved for me!
    Thank you again,
    612Chris