SOLVED: Mid-70's Television Show...Help!

Thread: SOLVED: Mid-70's Television Show...Help!

Tags: None
  1. starscreeam said:

Default SOLVED: Mid-70's Television Show...Help!

I can't get it out of my head!! Mid-70's....late night.....after Saturday Night Live maybe? It was almost like a paranormal soap opera....one of the characters was a guy with hair like down to his hips....All I can remember is part of the lyrics.."There's a full moon out tonight, there's a full moon out tonight..." something like "no one can? will? kill you like me?" maybe.... ACK!! It's making me crazy!! Anyone recognize this program? I thought it was maybe a British production, but don't really think any of the actors had an accent. I'm also posting this in the lyrics thread. My sanity thanks you!

2. simonfranco said:

found this post @ http://www.gearbits.com/archives/200...orgotten.html:

"Posted by: Preston Janney at June 13, 2006 10:30 PM
    Does anyone remember a show from the mid-70's about rock band and I think they were called Full Moon. There was theme song with lyrics about a full moon. The band solved mysteries in whatever town they were playing in. It was always on really late at night. I have asked all my friends in my age group and it does not ring a bell with anyone. Driving me nuts...."

it's not really a solution, but it must be the same show.

3. simonfranco said:

and a bit further down, you'll find this:

"To Preston Janney,
    You're not nuts. I used to love the early 70'S show about the crime solving rock band called "Moon" or "Full Moon". I remember the male singer having really long blonde hair and the theme song going "Don't be afraid of the dark - there's a full moon out tonight..." I was about 13 when it came on and I used to record the songs off of my TV. I think I still have a tape somewhere. That's about all I can remember. That show is the reason I'm on this site. Good luck.
    Jimmi Blue "

4. starscreeam said:

It IS the same program!!! Thank you! Now if someone could just remember the name of it or where I could find more information about it.

5. Macy said:

Lightbulb Kim, Full Moon series

I think the lead singers name was Kim, wasn't it? And I actually thought the band name was half moon .... I recall that series but never found it so difficult to find info on anything as I have with this. Obviously from the span in time there is still an issue. If you get this message, will ya et me know if you got any further info? Hope you didn't actually go insane yet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by starscreeam View Post
    I can't get it out of my head!! Mid-70's....late night.....after Saturday Night Live maybe? It was almost like a paranormal soap opera....one of the characters was a guy with hair like down to his hips....All I can remember is part of the lyrics.."There's a full moon out tonight, there's a full moon out tonight..." something like "no one can? will? kill you like me?" maybe.... ACK!! It's making me crazy!! Anyone recognize this program? I thought it was maybe a British production, but don't really think any of the actors had an accent. I'm also posting this in the lyrics thread. My sanity thanks you!

6. ccgt said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKrvUPJ4yGo

Kim Milford and his band Moon in the 1973 TV movie Rock-a-Die Baby.

Is this it?

7. starscreeam said:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ccgt View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKrvUPJ4yGo

Kim Milford and his band Moon in the 1973 TV movie Rock-a-Die Baby.

Is this it?
    YES! YES! THAT'S IT! I finally found that Kim Milford had passed (suicide, maybe?) and there was a second movie (it wasn't a series like a thought, just 2 movies) can't remember the name of the second one. Man, I loved those shows Thanks for your help!

8. starscreeam said:

Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    I think the lead singers name was Kim, wasn't it? And I actually thought the band name was half moon .... I recall that series but never found it so difficult to find info on anything as I have with this. Obviously from the span in time there is still an issue. If you get this message, will ya et me know if you got any further info? Hope you didn't actually go insane yet!!!
    Some questions answered, Macy!

9. Macy said:

Hi Starscreeam, Thanks for the help. I did find out that the lead singer passed either during or after a surgery. Can't recall this second, but it wasn't suicide. Anyway, odd the things we remember from way back ... Have a great day!

10. PatronZero said:

The singer in question Kim Milford died in 1988, he was an original cast member of the American production of The Rocky Horror Show.

Said made-for-TV movies were Rock A Die Baby and Song of the Succubus, both aired in 1975 on ABC TV's late night Mystery Movie.

A strong possibility that the late-rock promoter/producer Don Kirshner was involved with each movie.

11. starscreeam said:

Quote Originally Posted by PatronZero View Post
    The singer in question Kim Milford died in 1988, he was an original cast member of the American production of The Rocky Horror Show.

Said made-for-TV movies were Rock A Die Baby and Song of the Succubus, both aired in 1975 on ABC TV's late night Mystery Movie.

A strong possibility that the late-rock promoter/producer Don Kirshner was involved with each movie.
    I love it when something comes together and I can get answers! Thank you, everyone, who provided bits and pieces to this question. I've tried to find these movies on DVD (even on VHS since I still have my VCR) with absolutely zero luck. I suppose because it was only 2 late-night movies with a limited audience and it was sad to learn of Milford's passing. I've never found them anywhere on cable, likely because they're very "dated" by now, but I'd love to see them one more time.

12. PatronZero said:

Quote Originally Posted by starscreeam View Post
    I love it when something comes together and I can get answers! Thank you, everyone, who provided bits and pieces to this question. I've tried to find these movies on DVD (even on VHS since I still have my VCR) with absolutely zero luck. I suppose because it was only 2 late-night movies with a limited audience and it was sad to learn of Milford's passing. I've never found them anywhere on cable, likely because they're very "dated" by now, but I'd love to see them one more time.
    A few amendments I hope are helpful'

-Kim Milford died at 37 years of age, suffering heart failure several weeks after undergoing open-heart surgery.

-Recently a third party acquired right's to ABC TV's Don Kirshner's Rock Concert from the late Mr.Kirshner's estate, such soon to become available on DVD.

That said, if the entire catalog of made-for-TV music programs Kirshner produced during the 1970s was in that purchase, then it's possible the two late night Mystery Movies with Milford and his band might yet surface on DVD as well.

-Kim Milford was in a low-budget science fiction film titled Laserblast, first released in 1978, such available on DVD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laserblast

13. starscreeam said:

Quote Originally Posted by PatronZero View Post
    A few amendments I hope are helpful'

-Kim Milford died at 37 years of age, suffering heart failure several weeks after undergoing open-heart surgery.

-Recently a third party acquired right's to ABC TV's Don Kirshner's Rock Concert from the late Mr.Kirshner's estate, such soon to become available on DVD.

That said, if the entire catalog of made-for-TV music programs Kirshner produced during the 1970s was in that purchase, then it's possible the two late night Mystery Movies with Milford and his band might yet surface on DVD as well.

-Kim Milford was in a low-budget science fiction film titled Laserblast, first released in 1978, such available on DVD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laserblast
    I may have to look for that DVD just to get one more "blast from the past" I'll keep my fingers crossed that some day while lazily googling random thoughts I'll come across Rock a Die Baby and Song of the Succubus made available to rent. Thanks so much for YOUR googling!

14. Macy said:

Default Thanks for the help.

Hey Patron -- appreciate the response. I guess though I'm not the only one, there are very few of us left.
    I used to watch sooooo much late night TV as a kid, funny thing is I still do. Only now it's more of watching what I record to DVR!!

Thanks for the info. Excellent!! I'll be looking for that DVD. Have a great day!!