Need "school appropriate" Spanish Language hip hop song

Thread: Need "school appropriate" Spanish Language hip hop song

Tags: None
  1. randomseven said:

Default Need "school appropriate" Spanish Language hip hop song

I'm making a CD for the kids I work with of their favorite song. Two of my Latina girls requested Gasolina, but I read the lyrics and translations (and meanings of slang words) and don't think it's an appropriate one to send home with them, because it is going to all the other children as well.

I searched around, but seems all of Daddy Yankee's songs have blatant sexual inuendos. Does anyone have any "cleaner" suggestions of alternative Spanish language hip-hop songs?

mister Xazos said:

I would suject you Melendi, but he sings some sort of pop-rock.
    His lyrics are extremly good for those kids, true lessons of life .
    Πάρε φιλιά, πάρε καρδιά και μη νοιαστείς για μένα.
    Πάρε ό,τι ζει κι άσε με εκεί
    μόνο στο τίποτα...

3. Ultimate DJ said:

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by randomseven View Post
    I'm making a CD for the kids I work with of their favorite song. Two of my Latina girls requested Gasolina, but I read the lyrics and translations (and meanings of slang words) and don't think it's an appropriate one to send home with them, because it is going to all the other children as well.

I searched around, but seems all of Daddy Yankee's songs have blatant sexual inuendos. Does anyone have any "cleaner" suggestions of alternative Spanish language hip-hop songs?
    Hmm......most people in that Genre do sing about crap. Don Omar has some good stuff, like Aunque Te Fuiste, Angelito, Tu No Sabes, Cancion De Amor, Luna, Infiels (well mayb not that one =) lol. Amarga Vida
    Also Wisin y Yandel have some decent stuff though few. The remix of Lloro Por Ti is alright and the bestest song ever is
    Donde Esta El Amor w/Franco De Vita!!!!! also Dime Que Te Paso, No Lorres Ft Gloria Estafan. and there are plenty more but i dont have time to post em all!
    look at Rakim Ken Y Magneto y Valentino....etc

hope this helps

pura vida
    el che

4. dmoney101 said:

i've never heard anything that was completely clean except for "No Es Mentira" by Toxic Crow because it's talking about God jaja. There's some reggaeton that's clean, but it's kinda hard to find (unless you get one that's all lovey and mushy jaja)

walking_on_air10 said:

try "Sola" by Hector El Father
    and some of Ivy Queen's songs like "Menor Que Yo" and "En Que Fallamos"
    (also Rakim & Ken-Y)

but it's like dmoney101 said, the only clean reggaeton is usually romantic

bebestylee said:

Hmmm don't really know why i'm replying to this thread...it's sooo old!

To find clean lyrics....they actually sell CD's with clean lyrics on them...that's probably the best route to go....although the overall message is relatively the same. it's something that you can give to the kids in the public school system and not get in trouble for it. If you want music with a positive message...you're probably looking into the wrong genre. Most of the music is this genre, especially hip hop is about the the struggles in Puerto Rico and how they are dealing with the corruptions, the crime and their daily struggles...To find something clean...you would have to tap into the religious aspect of the music. Then you would have to find artists that aren't so 'vulgar'. Artists like Eddie Dee, Tito el Bambino, Late Hector el Father (Juicio Final) Vico C and some of Daddy Yankee's stuff....But their clean music is primarily about the subject of religion. So i'm not sure what you're going for here....

If this is something of interest, let me know...I'm sure I can come up with a play list! I'll just look into my infinite Reggaeton and Hip Hop library!
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

7. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by bebestylee View Post
    Hmmm don't really know why i'm replying to this thread...it's sooo old!

To find clean lyrics....they actually sell CD's with clean lyrics on them...that's probably the best route to go....although the overall message is relatively the same. it's something that you can give to the kids in the public school system and not get in trouble for it. If you want music with a positive message...you're probably looking into the wrong genre. Most of the music is this genre, especially hip hop is about the the struggles in Puerto Rico and how they are dealing with the corruptions, the crime and their daily struggles...To find something clean...you would have to tap into the religious aspect of the music. Then you would have to find artists that aren't so 'vulgar'. Artists like Eddie Dee, Tito el Bambino, Late Hector el Father (Juicio Final) Vico C and some of Daddy Yankee's stuff....But their clean music is primarily about the subject of religion. So i'm not sure what you're going for here....

If this is something of interest, let me know...I'm sure I can come up with a play list! I'll just look into my infinite Reggaeton and Hip Hop library!
    oh, that reminds me of a CD i heard that was a mix of Christian reggaeton and it was really good. i wish i could remember what it was. i would bump that, but i would look retarded listenin to some Christian music rollin down the street jaja

bebestylee said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    oh, that reminds me of a CD i heard that was a mix of Christian reggaeton and it was really good. i wish i could remember what it was. i would bump that, but i would look retarded listenin to some Christian music rollin down the street jaja
    There is actually a really really good selection of Christian Rap and Reggaeton that I used to listen to. Really good stuff. Dj Blass and Rey Pirin made a really good CD. There's Abdiel, Mikey, Vallete, Travy Joe, Bengie, Triple 7, Funky, Lutek, Joe L (Personal Friend), PBC, Big Willie y Otoniel, Manny Montes, Redimi2, VIP, Alex Zurdo, and many many more! I've seen most of these guys live and met most of them...They are awesome! I'll drop a link to a track that I liked a lot when it came out.....

Also You have artists like Eddie Dee and Vico C who are low key but have Positive message in their songs. Daddy Yankee does at least one or 2 tracks that are very positive and influential. But since he signed with Interscope I don't think he's done it. But if you check in the CD 'El Cangri.com' There is a track called 'Enciende' Where he goes on about what's going on in life at that point in time...he actually brings up the towers. Vico C has a track called Desahogo.....Well the title explains it all.....Great track.

DJ Blass y Rey Pirin

Daddy Yankee - Enciende

Vico C - Desahogo
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

9. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by bebestylee View Post
    There is actually a really really good selection of Christian Rap and Reggaeton that I used to listen to. Really good stuff. Dj Blass and Rey Pirin made a really good CD. There's Abdiel, Mikey, Vallete, Travy Joe, Bengie, Triple 7, Funky, Lutek, Joe L (Personal Friend), PBC, Big Willie y Otoniel, Manny Montes, Redimi2, VIP, Alex Zurdo, and many many more! I've seen most of these guys live and met most of them...They are awesome! I'll drop a link to a track that I liked a lot when it came out.....

Also You have artists like Eddie Dee and Vico C who are low key but have Positive message in their songs. Daddy Yankee does at least one or 2 tracks that are very positive and influential. But since he signed with Interscope I don't think he's done it. But if you check in the CD 'El Cangri.com' There is a track called 'Enciende' Where he goes on about what's going on in life at that point in time...he actually brings up the towers. Vico C has a track called Desahogo.....Well the title explains it all.....Great track.

DJ Blass y Rey Pirin

Daddy Yankee - Enciende

Vico C - Desahogo
    There was some song by a guy name Adiel that i heard like "Sigo Sigue" and it was soooo hype. i was knockin it in my car and then it comes to the end and he's like "Jesus...CRISTO, Jesus...CRISTO" and i was just sittin like "what the f- was this song about?" jaja