what language is this??

Thread: what language is this??

Tags: None
  1. alguien said:

Default what language is this??

"viva lo allo cincò!"
    i don't know what language is that. Can anyone help me and translate that expression to english please??

jenzie92 said:

Its looks like its either Portuguese or Spanish.

The translation for Portuguese is: cheer him allo cincò

The translation for spanish is: I live it allo cincò

It could even be italian which is: it lives it to the cincò
    Last edited by jenzie92; 02-14-2008 at 09:06 AM.

3. jengon555@aol.com said:

First of all, it isn't spanish, and if it were, the first part would say, "live it...." not "I live it." 2nd of all, the whole sentence should translate out, including allo cinco.

jenzie92 said:

First of all, I was simply trying to help, considering the fact that I dont speak a word of either language. The guy asked a question so I tried to answer it, so sorry that it wasnt perfect.

Anyway Ive done some research and its actually Italian and translates: Living at the cincò.

Cincò has no meaning in english or none that I have yet found.
    Last edited by jenzie92; 02-14-2008 at 02:41 PM.

5. jengon555@aol.com said:

First of all, I wasn't trying to be rude, you shouldn't jump to conclusions. Second of all, if you don't explain to the person that you don't speak either of the two languages then they are probably going to think you know what you're talking about and believe that the translation you gave them is correct. And just so you know, it isn't Italian or Spanish.
    Last edited by jengon555@aol.com; 02-15-2008 at 06:59 AM.

Maviii said:

I notice that (jenzie92) try to help & do her best so what`s up with u
    (jengon555@aol.com) come oooon
    be cool & cheer it up

LaaSemaa said:

Quote Originally Posted by Maviii View Post
    I notice that (jenzie92) try to help & do her best so what`s up with u
    (jengon555@aol.com) come oooon
    be cool & cheer it up
    Yes I think so

jenzie92 said:

Atleast these guys understand.

By the way, note to jengon, dude, if you think you know it all, why dont you just come out with the 'correct' translation.

dazedNpuzzl3D said:

hahaa you guys are soo cute and cinco is 5 for spanish ^_^

xiurell said:

maybe is this ???

"Viva lo allo cincò! " "¡Viva Mayo Cinco!" (more correct "¡Viva el cinco de Mayo") Cheers for the 5th of May

11. jengon555@aol.com said:

Are you kidding me?? I come in here, I see that jenzie has happily translated the phrase, and although she is being quite nice in doing so, she is basically guessing. So I clarify that the phrase is not Spanish, and if it were, what the first part would say. This is what you do in a translation forum. Each person puts in their part until someone comes along and gives the correct answer. Then, jenzie spazzes out on me, like I was rude to her, when I wasn't. If she can't take being corrected, when she has no idea how to speak the languages she is trying to translate, which means she is going to be corrected many many times, then maybe she shouldn't be in this forum. I am only here to help, and I do speak english and spanish, which is why I can tell you with certainty that it is not spanish. And jenzie, I am not going to come out with a translation that I am not qualified to give, because I wouldn't want to confuse people when I get it wrong.

Cuerpo-de-Sirena said:

"viva lo allo cincò!" its italian lolz

ginnie said:

hi
    to me it looks more like spanish, but i guess it's some old spanish, 'cause i don't know what's with that accent...
    any spanish people here?

dazedNpuzzl3D said:

Default salam!

Quote Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
    hi
    to me it looks more like spanish, but i guess it's some old spanish, 'cause i don't know what's with that accent...
    any spanish people here?
    lol i'm spanish y lo puedo leer y escribir(read and write too) tambien well mexican :P love the mexican :P lol you guys are still oh so cute

Luis5606 said:

It's italian.

I'm italian.

ginnie said:

Quote Originally Posted by Luis5606 View Post
    It's italian.

I'm italian.
    well...if it's italian as you say what does it mean?