Merhaba all!I'm trying to learn Turkish.

Thread: Merhaba all!I'm trying to learn Turkish.

Tags: None
  1. Mirela said:

Default Merhaba all!I'm trying to learn Turkish.

Just recently I've started watching this Turkish dizi "Dudaktan Kalbe"(Burak Hakki & Ash Tandogan) and I totaly fell in love with it.The problem is I hardly understand a thing.Ever since than I'm trying to learn as many words as possible,but that doesn't help a lot 'cause of all those suffixes and stuff.I've visited soooo many websites("Learn Turkish online",etc.)and I'm writting things down but I really think that Turkish movies w/subs would help the best to get to the basics of Turkish language.Any recommandations?I also watch "Asi"(Murat Yildirim & Tuba Buyukustun).Now, that's my favorite!It remindes me of "Pride & Prejudice"(my favorite movie).I was wondering (and hoping)if I could get some help with interpretation when needed.It'd be highly appreciated.Cok Tesekkurler!

2. oktosekiz said:

i think its too hard to learn turkish by watching tv series. u have to learn basics first. because turkish is very elastic and has so many figurative meanings. so u should strat with :
    me tarzan, you jane if u really want to learn i can help you. what is ur nationality by the way?

3. josephineyy said:

Thumbs up

Hey!
    heres a free online translator [english-turkish and turkish-english]
    i might help you.
    www.seslisozluk.com

Enjoy! x

cameronparkhurst said:

you know you can download your language subtitles and download the show and watch it on your computer. then as you watch an read--you'll learn turkish too

5. Balkaneuro said:

hey, how do you download subtitles for Turkish dizis? I have watched so many already and it's amazing how much you learn when you hear people speak lol well i guess that's a given but.. i never heard of this subtitle thing can you tell me more please

Oriee said:

does anybody knows if there exist turkish arabic dictionary
    that would would by appreciated
    لا يَشْكُرُ الله مَنْ لا يَشْكُرُ النَّاس
    The One Who Doesn't Thank Others, Doesn't Thank God

most_sweet said:

Have someone turkish films with english subtitels?

8. Mirela said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by oktosekiz View Post
    i think its too hard to learn turkish by watching tv series. u have to learn basics first. because turkish is very elastic and has so many figurative meanings. so u should strat with :
    me tarzan, you jane if u really want to learn i can help you. what is ur nationality by the way?
    Thanks oktosekiz! I've been working on my Turkish since begining of this year.I now have many dictionaries,books and CDs.I still think you can learn a lot by watching shows and see how people use the language on daily basis(different kinds of expressions,etc.).But off course,you have to learn basics first.I've learned a lot by now.I think Turkish is very hard but beautiful language.Fortunately,I'm totally into these shows and I enjoy watching them.Every time I understand sentence or two it makes me very happy....LOL
    Cok tesekkurler arkadasim.Cok naziksin.

9. Mirela said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by josephineyy View Post
    Hey!
    heres a free online translator [english-turkish and turkish-english]
    i might help you.
    www.seslisozluk.com

Enjoy! x

Hi josephineyy!
    Thanks a lot.I've already looked up so many of these and similar websites.Most of'em are very helpfull.I apprecite it anyway.Thanks.

10. Mirela said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cameronparkhurst View Post
    you know you can download your language subtitles and download the show and watch it on your computer. then as you watch an read--you'll learn turkish too
    Hi cameronparkhurst!
    Great idea....I just have to figure out how to do it....LOL
    It's doable though.I know people do it all the time.I just need to find some free time to try it.I appreciate your comment.Later.....

11. tonisalado said:

If someone who talks spanish wants learn turkish, I found a nice page to know basic things...

http://turco.wordpress.com/

Görüsürüz!

sohuda said:

Merhaba, I'm learning Turkish too! and songs are helping a lot! I got to know a lot of songs when I went to Turkey, but now that I'm not in Turkey anymore, I don't have a source to fill me in about good Turkish songs, so lutfen suggest some names of new or old good Turkish songs
    tesekkurler, ve Ramadan Kareem

evchron said:

Red face u r right

Quote Originally Posted by oktosekiz View Post
    i think you are right.If you dont know turkish at all, it is very difficult to learn turkish by watching turkish movies.But i think that it is very useful to watch the films,because they help you to get familiar with the turkish pronounciation.
    For example,i was watching "Yabanci Damat",i learnt some basic daily phrases from a book,and when i visited istanbul i used some of them. of course i must have been a little funny,trying to communicate in turkish,as my turkish is still really bad,although i try hard to improve them.. but the point is that i really enjoyed all the situation,and the same i think about the people that i have spoken turkish with..
    A general advice about learning foreign languages..never give up,and dont hesitate to speak with native people..i personally think that it is a great hounor for then,if you are trying to speak to them in their language..

ams298 said:

hi mirela , me too im trying to learn turkish , i liked it so much , good luck for us

zaö said:

Hey,

This is not very original but I'm also trying to learn Turkish! I'm learning a lot with songs, I find it a bit easier... but my problem is that I know some words but it's very difficult for me to make sentences! You have to think about so much things in the same time...!!!! But I really like this language so I will work hard to be able to speak (one day lol)

Raisa-Miruna said:

Oh, we're so many learners and Turkey-lovers that in a few years the whole world will be speaking turkish!!

marmaris said:

well with this,maybe we dont have to learn foreign languages anymore=)) :P

18. Mirela said:

Merhaba "tonisalado","sohuda","ams298","evchron","zao","Ra isa-Miruna"and everybody else.Welcome!
    This forum is great for us.....If we keep up the good work and don't give up,we might be able to have a conversation with our good friends Marmaris,Milena,Aksios and others......in Turkish.....hopefuly soon.They're all a great help and always ready to answer our questions.Enjoy!

sohuda said:

sagol Mirela..
    Now I have few questions:
    what do you say in Türkçe:
    -"Come in!"?
    -"There's nothing" or "nothing"
    -"I'm sorry"

tesekkur ederim