Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1678
  1. #81
    Member |SwEeT ~ AnGeL|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Maviii View Post
    (مش فارقة معي) this is in khaliji
    mosh farga ma3ai

    or ma tefreg ma3ai
    or mo farga endi

    or
    لا فرق عندي
    (la fark endi)
    this one is in (fus7a)
    Ahaa..Thanks alot
    But one more question about this one..You said in khaleeji it's "Mosh farga ma3ai" but I tried to read the arabic...It's FARQA,sa7?I just want to be sure,is it FARQA or FARGA?

    Shukran

  2. #82
    ✈ ATL's Mig ✈ Maviii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 706 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jnvlv247 View Post
    OK I have questions

    In the song Kan nafsy aref for Elissa, or in any song or whatever, why does nafsy mean hope?? In thought it meant my self or my soul. Also, what does sharsiyah, izzan and jamour mean?? Thanks
    In Elissa song (kan nafsy aref) it means
    I hope I know
    so kan nafsy means : I hope

    But (nafasi) means: my breath
    nafs: soul
    nafas: breath

    Also, what does sharsiyah, izzan and jamour mean??
    plz give me the text where u saw these words coz they are not clear
    I dont get their meaning .. or if u have them in arabic fonts i can tell u what do they mean..

    thanx

  3. #83
    ✈ ATL's Mig ✈ Maviii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 706 Posts

    And I have a request : could anyone translate me into Arabic this: Nice to meet u, yes, no
    as laasemaa said :
    yes: aywa..na3am..ah..
    No : la
    nice to meet u : ana sa3eed b ma3refatek (as u r male)
    ana sa3eeda b ma3refatek (as u r a female)
    or u can said: so3edto bel ta3arrof alayk

    or (tasharfto be ma3refatek)
    or (tasharrafna)
    --------------------------

  4. #84
    ✈ ATL's Mig ✈ Maviii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 706 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by |SwEeT ~ AnGeL| View Post
    Ahaa..Thanks alot
    But one more question about this one..You said in khaleeji it's "Mosh farga ma3ai" but I tried to read the arabic...It's FARQA,sa7?I just want to be sure,is it FARQA or FARGA?

    Shukran
    FARQA is right but in khaliji accent they spell it mosh farga ma3ai

  5. #85
    Member |SwEeT ~ AnGeL|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Maviii View Post
    FARQA is right but in khaliji accent they spell it mosh farga ma3ai
    Thank you very much

    Inshalllah I'll come with more questions afterwards!

  6. #86
    Senior Member jnvlv247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Maviii View Post
    In Elissa song (kan nafsy aref) it means
    I hope I know
    so kan nafsy means : I hope

    But (nafasi) means: my breath
    nafs: soul
    nafas: breath


    plz give me the text where u saw these words coz they are not clear
    I dont get their meaning .. or if u have them in arabic fonts i can tell u what do they mean..

    thanx
    Yes I know kan nafsy means I hope, but can you explaine why????

    The other words are from watching TV shows and stuff, I don't think they're in any songs. they are used a lot though

  7. #87
    Member |SwEeT ~ AnGeL|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hello everyone

    I have a question here..See,I'm wondering what the word "Bo3dak" means,does it have many meanings?Because I've heard it alot in arabic songs,but then..it seems like it hasn't only one meaning,or does it?

    Shukran

  8. #88
    Senior Member LaaSemaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 109 Times in 79 Posts

    maviii can u traslate it?

    (DAYS OF THE WEEK)
    Monday
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    sunday


    (MONTHS)
    January
    February
    March
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
    december

  9. #89
    Junior Member alessia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by |SwEeT ~ AnGeL| View Post
    Hello everyone

    I have a question here..See,I'm wondering what the word "Bo3dak" means,does it have many meanings?Because I've heard it alot in arabic songs,but then..it seems like it hasn't only one meaning,or does it?

    Shukran

    the wrd "bo3dak" means "far away from you"
    to my learning am an arabian and it has just that one meaning to it
    hope that helped?

  10. #90
    Junior Member alessia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LaaSemaa View Post
    maviii can u traslate it?

    (DAYS OF THE WEEK)
    Monday
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    sunday

    Saturday:
    السَّبْت
    As-Sabt - To rest
    **********************
    Sunday:
    الأحَد
    Al-Ahad - Day One
    from the Arabic 'one' - wahid
    **********************
    Monday:
    الإثْنَيْن
    Al- 'ithnayn - Day Two
    from the Arabic 'two' - ithnayn
    **********************
    Tuesday:
    الثُّلاثَاء
    Ath-Thulatha - Day Three
    from the Arabic 'three' - thalatha
    **********************
    Wednesday:
    الأرْبِعَاء
    Al-'Arba'aa - Day Four
    from the Arabic 'four' - arba'aa
    **********************
    Thursday:
    الْخَمِيس
    Al-Khamees - Day Five
    from the Arabic 'five' - khamsah
    **********************
    Friday:
    الْجُمْعَة
    Al-Jum'ah - Day of Gathering


    i'll do the months later for ya... :$ sorry am kinda busy at work now :$
    Last edited by alessia; 02-28-2008 at 11:25 AM.

  11. #91
    Member |SwEeT ~ AnGeL|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by alessia View Post
    the wrd "bo3dak" means "far away from you"
    to my learning am an arabian and it has just that one meaning to it
    hope that helped?
    Thanks alot N Ofcourse it helped

  12. #92
    Junior Member alessia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LaaSemaa View Post
    maviii can u traslate it?
    (MONTHS)
    January
    February
    March
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
    december

    ok... the months in arabic have different wrds for it, or we use different words. i dont know if u know that cuz of the islamic calender which is just like the lunar calender. goes by 12 months .. ( u know what here you go a lil description abt it) "The Islamic calendar or Muslim calendar (Arabic: التقويم الهجري; at-taqwīm al-hijrī; Persian: تقویم هجري قمری ‎ taqwīm-e hejri-ye qamari; also called the Hijri calendar) is the calendar used to date events in many predominantly Muslim countries, and used by Muslims everywhere to determine the proper day on which to celebrate Islamic holy days. It is a lunar calendar having 12 lunar months in a year of about 354 days. Because this lunar year is about 11 days shorter than the solar year, Islamic holy days, although celebrated on fixed dates in their own calendar, usually shift 11 days earlier each successive solar year, such as a year of the Gregorian calendar. Islamic years are also called Hijra years because the first year was the year during which the Hijra occurred—Islamic prophet Muhammad's emigration from Mecca to Medina. Thus each numbered year is designated either H or AH, the latter being the initials of the Latin anno Hegirae (in the year of the Hijra).[1]

    The current Islamic Year is 1429 AH."
    ************************************************** ****
    January:
    "yanayeir"
    ناير, كانون الثاني يناير, الشهر اّول في التقويم الغريغوري
    *****************************

    February:
    "shbat"
    شباط, فبراير, الشهر الثاني من التقويم الغريغوري
    *****************************

    March:
    "athear"
    مارس, آذار
    **********

    April:
    "nesan"
    ابريل, نيسان, الشهر الرابع في التقويم الغريغوريى
    *************************

    May:
    "ayar"
    مايو, آيار, الشهر الخامس, نوار, ربيع العمر
    ***********************

    June:
    "huzayran"
    "unio"
    حزيران
    يونيو
    *************

    July:
    "tamoz"
    "uolio"
    يوليو, تموز
    *********

    August:
    "ab"
    "aghostos"
    آب, أغسطس
    **********

    September:
    "aylol"
    سبتمبر, أيلول
    **********

    October:
    "teshrein al awal"
    أكتوبر, تشرين اّول, مزر أكتوبر
    ********************

    November:
    "teshrein al thani"
    نوفمبر, تشرين الثاني
    ****************

    December:
    "kanon al awal"
    كانون اِول, كانون اّول ديسمبر, ديسمبر
    **********************


    "aahhhhh for real this time my translations might be weird :$
    my english is not as my arabic... i can write better in english then arabic "

    hope if someone else sees a mistake will help :$
    am wishing and hoping that i got to help you with what u need dear laasema
    btw nice name

  13. #93
    Junior Member alessia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by |SwEeT ~ AnGeL| View Post
    Thanks alot N Ofcourse it helped
    And ur soooo welcomed dear anytime
    Am glad to help with anything i know

  14. #94
    Junior Member alessia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LaaSemaa View Post
    maviii can u traslate it?

    (DAYS OF THE WEEK)
    Monday
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    sunday

    here is another way for the days:

    yaum al-ahad يوم الأحد (first day - Sunday)
    yaum al-ithnayn يوم الإثنين (second day - Monday)
    yaum ath-thulaathaa' يوم الثُّلَاثاء (third day - Tuesday)
    yaum al-arbia`aa' يوم الأَرْبِعاء (fourth day - Wednesday)
    yaum al-khamis يوم الخَمِيس (fifth day - Thursday)
    yaum al-jumu`a يوم الجُمُعَة (gathering day - Friday)
    yaum as-sabt يوم السَّبْت (sabbath day - Saturday)


    *p.s.
    just there were some wrd that are said different thats all.

  15. #95
    Senior Member LaaSemaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 109 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by alessia View Post
    ok... the months in arabic have different wrds for it, or we use different words. i dont know if u know that cuz of the islamic calender which is just like the lunar calender. goes by 12 months .. ( u know what here you go a lil description abt it) "The Islamic calendar or Muslim calendar (Arabic: التقويم الهجري; at-taqwīm al-hijrī; Persian: تقویم هجري قمری ‎ taqwīm-e hejri-ye qamari; also called the Hijri calendar) is the calendar used to date events in many predominantly Muslim countries, and used by Muslims everywhere to determine the proper day on which to celebrate Islamic holy days. It is a lunar calendar having 12 lunar months in a year of about 354 days. Because this lunar year is about 11 days shorter than the solar year, Islamic holy days, although celebrated on fixed dates in their own calendar, usually shift 11 days earlier each successive solar year, such as a year of the Gregorian calendar. Islamic years are also called Hijra years because the first year was the year during which the Hijra occurred—Islamic prophet Muhammad's emigration from Mecca to Medina. Thus each numbered year is designated either H or AH, the latter being the initials of the Latin anno Hegirae (in the year of the Hijra).[1]

    The current Islamic Year is 1429 AH."
    ************************************************** ****
    January:
    "yanayeir"
    ناير, كانون الثاني يناير, الشهر اّول في التقويم الغريغوري
    *****************************

    February:
    "shbat"
    شباط, فبراير, الشهر الثاني من التقويم الغريغوري
    *****************************

    March:
    "athear"
    مارس, آذار
    **********

    April:
    "nesan"
    ابريل, نيسان, الشهر الرابع في التقويم الغريغوريى
    *************************

    May:
    "ayar"
    مايو, آيار, الشهر الخامس, نوار, ربيع العمر
    ***********************

    June:
    "huzayran"
    "unio"
    حزيران
    يونيو
    *************

    July:
    "tamoz"
    "uolio"
    يوليو, تموز
    *********

    August:
    "ab"
    "aghostos"
    آب, أغسطس
    **********

    September:
    "aylol"
    سبتمبر, أيلول
    **********

    October:
    "teshrein al awal"
    أكتوبر, تشرين اّول, مزر أكتوبر
    ********************

    November:
    "teshrein al thani"
    نوفمبر, تشرين الثاني
    ****************

    December:
    "kanon al awal"
    كانون اِول, كانون اّول ديسمبر, ديسمبر
    **********************


    "aahhhhh for real this time my translations might be weird :$
    my english is not as my arabic... i can write better in english then arabic "

    hope if someone else sees a mistake will help :$

    Thank you soo mych dear
    i've search before for the months, cuz I'm trying to learn arabic. But it was different in every pages and it makes me really confused :s I only heard that one of the mounth was Ramazan because i'm moslim. But it must so be in the islamic yani Hijra. anyway now i know better thanx for you explain it to me

    am wishing and hoping that i got to help you with what u need dear laasema
    you can be sure that i helps me a lot

    btw nice name
    thank you soo much dear

  16. #96
    Senior Member LaaSemaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 109 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by alessia View Post
    here is another way for the days:

    yaum al-ahad يوم الأحد (first day - Sunday)
    yaum al-ithnayn يوم الإثنين (second day - Monday)
    yaum ath-thulaathaa' يوم الثُّلَاثاء (third day - Tuesday)
    yaum al-arbia`aa' يوم الأَرْبِعاء (fourth day - Wednesday)
    yaum al-khamis يوم الخَمِيس (fifth day - Thursday)
    yaum al-jumu`a يوم الجُمُعَة (gathering day - Friday)
    yaum as-sabt يوم السَّبْت (sabbath day - Saturday)


    *p.s.
    just there were some wrd that are said different thats all.
    Oky ..

    Shukran Jazilan

  17. #97
    Senior Member LaaSemaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 109 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by alessia View Post
    Saturday:
    السَّبْت
    As-Sabt - To rest
    **********************
    Sunday:
    الأحَد
    Al-Ahad - Day One
    from the Arabic 'one' - wahid
    **********************
    Monday:
    الإثْنَيْن
    Al- 'ithnayn - Day Two
    from the Arabic 'two' - ithnayn
    **********************
    Tuesday:
    الثُّلاثَاء
    Ath-Thulatha - Day Three
    from the Arabic 'three' - thalatha
    **********************
    Wednesday:
    الأرْبِعَاء
    Al-'Arba'aa - Day Four
    from the Arabic 'four' - arba'aa
    **********************
    Thursday:
    الْخَمِيس
    Al-Khamees - Day Five
    from the Arabic 'five' - khamsah
    **********************
    Friday:
    الْجُمْعَة
    Al-Jum'ah - Day of Gathering


    i'll do the months later for ya... :$ sorry am kinda busy at work now :$
    thank you :*

  18. #98
    Senior Member jnvlv247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts

    What's the difference in saying for example

    Bitoul??
    Matoul?

  19. #99
    Member |SwEeT ~ AnGeL|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hello everyone

    Okay,I've decided to help a bit here,I'm not a good arabic-speaker,but I'm doing my best to learn it,and I'm especially intrested in the khaleeji dialect,but first I've got to learn the Fus7a very well

    Months in arabic:

    January ----> Yanayir
    February ----> Fibrayir
    March -----> Mars
    April ------> Abril
    May -----> Mayu
    June -----> Yunyu
    July -----> Yulyu
    August -----> Agustus
    September ---> Sibtimbir
    October ----> Uktubir
    November -----> Nuvimbir
    December ----> Disimber

    I hope this is correct,I wrote it so it's easy for you guys to read it

    Have a nice day!

  20. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 212 Times in 157 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LaaSemaa View Post
    Yes - Aiwa

    No - La

    Quote Originally Posted by Mavii
    as laasemaa said :
    yes: aywa..na3am..ah..
    No : la
    nice to meet u : ana sa3eed b ma3refatek (as u r male)
    ana sa3eeda b ma3refatek (as u r a female)
    or u can said: so3edto bel ta3arrof alayk

    or (tasharfto be ma3refatek)
    or (tasharrafna)

    Thanks a lot girls.

Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Learning Turkish language
    By alp_er in forum Learning Turkish language & Misc. translations
    Replies: 1974
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 09:46 AM
  2. Learning Bulgarian language
    By turhanbg in forum Learning Bulgarian language & Misc. translations
    Replies: 1663
    Last Post: 03-30-2014, 04:17 PM
  3. Learning Romanian language
    By dya in forum Learning Romanian language
    Replies: 1918
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 08:16 AM

Posting Permissions