Conjugation of lyrics

Thread: Conjugation of lyrics

Tags: None
  1. darcdante said:

Default Conjugation of lyrics

I just have a quick question. I took these lyrics from a song, but it's sung by a woman. My girlfriend is Serbo-Croatian, and I'm trying to learn her language, so she likes it when I say things to her u srpsko-hrvatski, even if it's not something I wrote. I want to say this to her tonight, but I don't want it to sound like I've got our genders backwards, so would it sound ok to say to her? The lyrics are:

Imam jednu zelju, san i molitvu
    jednu, samo jednu, da si uvek tu
    zovem te u snove, one najsladje
    i ti mi uvek dodjes, zato volim te

Ti i samo ti
    moj ljubavi iz sna
    sve su noci lake s tobom
    a svaki dan je dobar dan

Thanks!!!

BTW, the song is Ti i samo ti by Marija Serifovic. But you probably already knew that, since I got the lyrics off this forum.

Edit: Nice that you can move threads yourself for people like me who are a little too anxious to post...

y! said:

so, I understood that you only want to know if this is ok when a male is speaking to female, right? anyway, it's ok..there is just one small mistake, and that has nothing to do with genders but with typing mistake

Imam jednu zelju, san i molitvu
    jednu, samo jednu, da si uvek tu
    zovem te u snove, one najsladje
    i ti mi uvek dodjes, zato volim te

Ti i samo ti
    moja ljubavi iz sna
    sve su noci lake s tobom
    a svaki dan je dobar dan

3. darcdante said:

Cool, hvala!

It's difficult to learn a language when I'm going to school and working, but memorizing things like this helps keep phrases in my head, and slowly I'm learning the proper conjugations of regular verbs. I appreciate the help.

y! said:

no problem, if you need any help with serbian, just ask!

I understand you, btw. I am trying to learn greek that way, 'cause I don't have time