Goth/pagan wedding and we need suitable music that wont scare everyone

Thread: Goth/pagan wedding and we need suitable music that wont scare everyone

Tags: None
  1. drusilla said:

Question Goth/pagan wedding and we need suitable music that wont scare everyone

Hiya, still new to this forum but wondering if I could pick your brains anyway. Was supposed to get married last year but finances wouldn't allow so moved on exactly a year so new date set for 31/10/08 or if you're american 10/31/08. I'm a goth/pagan/metal chick at heart and I'm looking for some really good metal/rock tunes for the reception. The thing is my other half is 13 years older than me. Not a problem but his family are all 50+ and I want some music that won't cause their pacemakers to explode. I also want song with a bit of meaning to them. Our first song is to be BFMV "The End" basically because we both adore this band and it's a great sh**ging song (sorry to be so crude, but it is). So power ballads and the likes. And some more up-tempo stuff.

Thanks for any advice in this matter.

Girl next door said:

Hey Drusilla,

I'm also into similar kind of music, so here's some of my favourite songs, maybe you will like some of them:

Deine Lakaien - Love me to the end
    Visions of Atlantis - Lovebearing storm
    Sonata Arctica - Wind beneath my wings
    Blind Guardan - Fly
    Bloodflowerz - Dark Light
    Angelzoom - Back in the moment
    Blackmore's night - Be mine tonight
    When I'm with you, you're killing me. When I'm not, I'm dying...

Angelsleaze said:

Heya!

A lovely tune is Ring of Gold by Bathory, exceptional ballad talking about a man leaving his girl but before that giving her a golden ring a sign of their love.

Maybe Cruachan with their instrumental song Cruachan and A Druid's Passing even though that's a bit morbit for a wedding but still a lovely pagan song. After that I would go for Blind Guardian ballads for sure such as The Bard's Song. Then I would recomment safe stuff such as the Irish Folk band Clannad (songs like: Siuil A Run (Irish Love Song), Chuaigh Me 'Na Rosann, Coinleach Ghlas An Fhomair). Maybe Bjork for something even softer? Aurora and Pagan Poetry are two songs that I like

I can recomment some more bands I guess and you could check them out, unfortunately I don't have my CDs here so I can check in debth. Stratovarius, Angra, Tuatha De Danann, Loreena McKennit, Fairport Convention, Tri Yann. Even though the last 3 are pretty soft and all =)

Hope this helps somewhat!
    Enjoy!
    Heavy metal & Glam rock

What more can I say?!
  4. Luke of Metal said:

1. Goth and pagan are different things so good luck... True 9th century goth still had christian overtones so you might need to warn people... (god I'm gonna get backlash for this... yes I've been to a gothy wedding but hell, I know my history)

2. I'd recommend Skyclad, MCMXC a.d (by Enigma) and Enya.
  5. drusilla said:

Thumbs up thanks

Thanks to evryone who's posted so far, I'm gonna check out some of the recommendations. I know goth/pagan don't exactly go but hey I never said anything about me was simple. I'm proud to be an enigma. I'll keep trawling through my stuff and see what I can find. Really appreciate everyone's help so far. Thanks a million. Let you know what I think.
  6. PenceyXxXPrep said:

I dunno if you like this kind of thing or even these Bands but there are some okay songs here:
    Anthrax- Be all, End all
    My Chemical romance- To the end
    Murderdolls- White Wedding
    Drop Dead Gorgeous- Love is murder (This might be a bit much but, hey)
    Hawthorn Heights- Ohio is for lovers
    Thats all from me at the moment. I hope you have a great wedding
    Lots of love PenceyXxXPrep

Drummer for Vertiis said:

I'm gonna have to go to this wedding if they're playing MCR or Hawthorne Heights... That should be a giggle... emo at a goth wedding... Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by PenceyXxXPrep View Post
    Murderdolls- White Wedding
    Why not just have the Billy Idol original, that'd go down a lot better...

THE CURE - LOVE CATS
    TYPE O' NEGATIVE - BLACK NO. 1 ( LITTLE MISS SCARE ALL)