Learning Russian language

Thread: Learning Russian language

Tags: None

vuoklis said:

uhm. i doubt that could be easily translated into english litterally :O "I'm breathing [by] you", i'd say.

2. boubou said:

Quote Originally Posted by vuoklis View Post
    uhm. i doubt that could be easily translated into english litterally :O "I'm breathing [by] you", i'd say.

Thank you vuoklis... this is what I had translated myself, but I was not sure.. needed a confirmation.
    See this творительный падеж is something new to me.
    Anyway, thnx
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    A. Einstein

3. boubou said:

Привет всем!

Могли ли вы показать, где ударение слов нога и рука, всем падежам, с bold?

нога ноги
    ноги ног
    ноге ногам
    ногу ноги
    ногой, ногою ногами
    ноге ногах

рука руки
    руки рук
    руке рукам
    руку руки
    рукой, рукою руками
    руке руках

Спасибо заранее
    A. Einstein

s_jazz said:

boubou,

нога ноги
    ноги ног
    ноге ногам
    ногу ноги
    ногой, ногою ногами
    ноге ногах

рука руки
    руки рук
    руке рукам
    руку руки
    рукой, рукою руками
    руке руках

5. boubou said:

Quote Originally Posted by s_jazz View Post
    boubou,

нога ноги
    ноги ног
    ноге ногам
    ногу ноги
    ногой, ногою ногами
    ноге ногах

рука руки
    руки рук
    руке рукам
    руку руки
    рукой, рукою руками
    руке руках
    s_jazz спасибо большое.
    Я всегда перепутывала с ударением этих слов
    A. Einstein

s_jazz said:

boubou, не за что, всегда пожалуйста

7. kamaisk said:

Default Free Russian lessons

Hi everybody))
    Try this one site - Russian online, has a lot of useful materials. I am a total beginner in Russian and it really helps me)

vuoklis said:

uhm. did boubou ask to translate "Я перепутываюсь с творительным падежом"?
    anyway, jandros, your interpretation of that sentence's very interesting it depends on the wider context though, doesn't it? In the given case i'd just translate the phrase literally

jandros said:

Vuoklis (and Boubou), maybe I read too fast?! Sorry if I was confused and wasted a lot of effort

But actually, in my total ignorance(?) I thought it went together very well ... I breathe you ... I get mixed up ... I lose my mind

edit: The point is that I lost my mind for a moment
    Having problems with vertigo for 2-3 days ... it's temporary, a mild case and it will pass, but for now I can't stay on the computer as much as normal :-/ ...

jandros said:

...... I hope nobody else reads this page ... ... I don't want to be the subject of an ATL joke, heard round the world

About 15 minutes ago I was in another "Russian" topic, and there was the phrase "Забыть голову" ... Головы не забудь! ... how appropriate
    Having problems with vertigo for 2-3 days ... it's temporary, a mild case and it will pass, but for now I can't stay on the computer as much as normal :-/ ...

vuoklis said:

things happen, don't worry

Circhoo said:

Quote Originally Posted by Pastie View Post
    Hello,

Is anyone able translate the following text to English please, or let me know what language it is.

Мипос то паме я ена сигара, алла еко меса сто спити ме мегало коликоно. Тхе ареси яти паме сто сигара лиго куклио

Thank you.
    Well, if U still want to know... It's greek words with russian letters..
    So just write it with latin and try to ask to smb on greek page

pippirrup said:

Quote Originally Posted by s_jazz View Post
    Jandros, you're welcome anytime I'm glad to explain if i can
    about russian...i can't say, is russian interesting or not, caz it's my native language ))
    And i recalled smth about Polish after your post, Jandros )
    Although Russian and Polish are slavic, Polish often sounds strange, even funny for us, for example polish "sklep s zaupominkami" (souvenirs shop): "sklep"means in russian "crypt", and "pominki" means a meal after burial date )))
    So, it'll be a crazy idea to learn russian and polish at the same time, i think
    Don't worry, Russian also often sounds funny for us, but not to the extent Czech does (of course Polish sounds funny to Czechs too, the best known example is "szukać" which means "to search" in Polish and "šukat" in Czech means "to f***" I've many times heard about Polish tourists getting directions, saying "szukam, let's say, hotelu" xD) And as to Russian, "зажигать" in Polish (zarzygać) means "to vomit on sth":P
    I've noticed that hardly anyone marks stress in Russian words! And I think it's pretty important, isn't it, and there are no (clear) rules concerning stress in Russian, or at least I haven't heard about them. If it wasn't for stress Russian would be v e r y easy for a Pole to learn

PS And it is really "sklep z upominkami", but the word "upominek" is somehow funny itself;>
    remember 'bout adding to my reputation;>

s_jazz said:

Thumbs up

pippirrup, I was sure that russian sounds for you funny too But i didn't know about Czech )
    Quote Originally Posted by pippirrup
    I've many times heard about Polish tourists getting directions, saying "szukam, let's say, hotelu" xD) And as to Russian, "зажигать" in Polish (zarzygać) means "to vomit on sth":P

About stress in russian (if i knew myself about rules :X), maybe we don't have clear rules, i'll try to find out.
    If it wasn't for stress Russian would be v e r y easy for a Pole to learn
    Does it mean that Polish is easy for a russian too?

tim2286 said:

the stress is important (if you're referring to udarenie). You say moloKO and not MOloko (milk) (hmm mleczko in polish?). And polish is not that easy for a russian speaker, I tried reading a polish newspaper once and could barely understand the titles of the articles. Ukrainian/Belorussian is much much closer, then Serbo-Croatian then Polish and Czech being last. Hope you've all understood me. lol

pippirrup said:

s_jazz & tim: It seems to me that if you speak Russian and learn Polish (or vice versa) to be able to communicate you just have to learn the group of words that are frequently used, but are pretty much or completely different. But the vast majority of most frequently used words in both languages are similar , very similar or the same - at least I have such impression.

As far as word stress (ударение) is concerned, my point was that if you write something in Russian and non-Russians are meant to read it, you should mark stress, e.g. by underlining the stressed vowel.

pippirrup said:

And tim 2286: "молокО" in Polish is "mleko"; "mleczko" is a diminutive;>

tim2286 said:

thank you for clearing that up, I don't know where I've head that. Now that I've read a couple of posts up I get your point lol. Here's another somewhat funny example: In ukrainian good morning is Dobriy Ranok. Rano (without the the "k") means early in russian so to be facetious about it I said Dobriy Pozdno (late). I thought it was funny but the person I said that to didn't really think it was funny

jandros said:

Quote Originally Posted by tim2286 View Post
    the stress is important (if you're referring to udarenie). You say moloKO and not MOloko (milk) (hmm mleczko in polish?). And polish is not that easy for a russian speaker, I tried reading a polish newspaper once and could barely understand the titles of the articles. Ukrainian/Belorussian is much much closer, then Serbo-Croatian then Polish and Czech being last. Hope you've all understood me. lol
    I understood you perfectly, and learning stress is one of the biggest problems that I have. For example, I have a good link for learning Russian verbs, pronouns, etc, but it doesn't show accents. That makes it hard to compare what I read and what I hear, for example in Russian music/lyrics ..... and especially with O ... and also when people don't spell Russian words correctly in latin letters ... writing an "o" as "a'", as it sounds, not as it is spelled. It's confusing

But I'm also curious, if you know: Isn't Bulgarian more similar to Russian than Ukrainian, for example?

tim2286 said:

I almost spoke too soon. I checked a certain website (don't want to post it here) and it basically gives you a lot of info on languages. Bulgarian and Ukrainian are 90% transparent to a russian speaker. I have not had any exposure to bulgarian so this is the best I can do.

PS dont know if ure much of a basketbal fan but GO UNC