Stumped by a song - Marina Tomasevic - Odnio je bozo dio mene - HR to EN?

Thread: Stumped by a song - Marina Tomasevic - Odnio je bozo dio mene - HR to EN?

Tags: None
  1. Misanthropicme said:

Red face Stumped by a song - Marina Tomasevic - Odnio je bozo dio mene - HR to EN?

Hello! I'm new here, and I'm so glad I found this site! I'm beginning to learn Croatian, and a friend made me a CD with a ton of music on it. Most of the songs, I can find lyrics for online and then go through and translate them word by word - although sometimes it leads to pretty funny results. (Luka Nizetic's Evo ti Ljubav, for instance - I still can't figure out if he's angry or sad in the song, from the English version of the lyrics.)

I have Marina Tomasevic's Odnio je bozo dio mene, and I can't find the lyrics online to translate. I'm not good enough with the language to tell what some of the words are. I can't tell if it's a love song or if she's being stalked

Would anyone here happen to have the lyrics? Is it allowed for me to provide the song to someone if they would be willing to translate it for me?

Hvala!
    -Mimi

Aish said:

Hey, welcome to the forum !
    In that song Luka Nižetić is more like apathetic or something, he is not sad or angry, he doesnt care much anymore, he is just giving her love, well thats how i understand it
    I am glad to hear you are learning Croatian, if u need any help just ask, there is many people here who will help u
    And there is little mistake - song is called "Odnio je Bože dio mene"... i also couldnt find lyrics, but i left u pm
    Last edited by Aish; 02-15-2008 at 02:19 PM.
    ...Onlar bilmez onlar bilmez
    Bakarlar yüzüme
    Sanki yoksun gibi
    Sanki yalanmışız gibi...

Aish said:

Marina Tomašević - Odnio je Bože dio mene /God, he has taken a part of me

He:
    Noćas sve je tako tiho / Everything is so silent tonight
    Vrijeme brzo prolazi / Time is passing so fast
    Noćas opet dio tebe / Tonight again a part of you
    Sa mnom odlazi / Is going away with me

She:
    Noćas sve je tako tiho / Everything is so silent tonight
    Vrijeme brzo prolazi / Time is passing so fast
    Noćas opet dio mene / Tonight again a part of me
    S tobom odlazi / Is going away with you
    Tebe opet zovu neke luke daleke / You are again being called by some far sea-ports
    Tvoja duša nemirna traži nove obale / Your restless soul is seeking for new coasts

Refren:
    I nema utjehe bez tvojih usana / And there is no comfort without your lips
    I gdje je sjaj u oku tvom / And where is glow in your eye
    Nek' s tobom putuje i moja molitva / Let my prayer travels with you
    Vrati se jer ti si moja bol / Come back because you are my pain
    Odnio je Bože dio mene / God, he has taken a part of me
    Ukrao mi vjeru, utjehu / He has stolen my faith, consolation
    Ja nemam više snage, kud da krenem / I have no strenght anymore, where should i go
    Bez njega ne mogu ni jednu noć / I cant stand even a one night without him

He:
    Mene opet zovu neke luke daleke / I am again being called by some far sea-ports
    Moja duša nemirna traži nove obale / My restless soul is seeking for new coasts
    Ali jednoga dana, nekih drugih godina, nekih drugih vjetrova / But one day, some other years, some other winds
    U tvoju luku vratit ću se ja / I will come back to your port

Its really nice song, and i hope i translated it good
    Bakarlar yüzüme
    Sanki yoksun gibi
    Sanki yalanmışız gibi...

4. Misanthropicme said:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Aish View Post
    Marina Tomašević - Odnio je Bože dio mene /God, he has taken a part of me

Its really nice song, and i hope i translated it good
    HVALA! I love the song, but when I translated the title word for word, it looks like, "God, leave me a part of myself to me", which could be either "He's leaving and I don't want him to" or "God, I wish he'd go away so I can have myself back!" In the song, the tone of his voice sounds like he's writing a letter, not talking to someone, so it was difficult to figure out.

What is the last word he says? It sounds like he's saying goodbye in Italian - Ciao - or is there another Croatian word that sounds like that?

Ja sam sretan! Hvala!
    -Mimi

Aish said:

Nema na čemu ( You are welcome)
    I admire your attempts to translate the song !
    Actually last words he is saying are "U tvoju luku vratit ĆU SE JA, JA" so maybe "ću se ja" sounds to you like ciao! But it means " I will"
    And one small correction - Ja sam sretan - for masculine
    - Ja sam sretna - for feminine

But its not so important, I am glad you are happy
    Pozdrav
    Bakarlar yüzüme
    Sanki yoksun gibi
    Sanki yalanmışız gibi...