Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Italian <-> English translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Italian <-> English translations

Tags: None

citlalli said:

Thanks for the answers girls

@Ligeia: I'll look for the books you've mentioned, thanks I read Lucarelli's Almost Blue a couple of years ago and really liked it so I guess I should try his other books! (Baricco and Camilleri are also good, aren't they?)

@Carol: Thanks too; let's wait and see what your friends may recommend
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

Ligeia said:

I like Baricco, but I have to admit that I've never read a Camilleri's book... I love Almost blue! You should definitely try "L'isola dell'angelo caduto", you won't regret it!
    I was thinking about a couple of other books: "Fosca"- Ugo Tarchetti and "Ultime lettere di Jacopo Ortis" -Foscolo.
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

citlalli said:

Ti ringrazio moltissimo Ligeia; sei una ragazza davvero gentile
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

Carol Myers said:

Still hoping someone can please translate:

wee scinneme to cuoll sabatì

Ligeia said:

@citlalli
    Mi fa piacere dare una mano, e poi...leggere è una delle mie passioni!

@Carol Myers
    I did a little research...not sure but it looks like it could mean something like "get off me, get away from me"

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Myers View Post
    Translation please

Gli occhi non mentono mαi.. Ecco perchè lα mαggior pαrte delle persone fα fαticα α fissαrti mentre pαrlα.
    (People's) eyes never lie... that's why most people try and stare at you while talking .

Last edited by citlalli; 06-15-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Carol Myers said:

Translation for this phrase please:

E saprai che ciò che hai lo devi a te...

Ligeia said:

And you will know that you've got you owe it to yourself

Carol Myers said:

Thanks as always!

Carol Myers said:

Translation please.. . .found this on someones page and am wondering what it says:

prima esci mezza nuda and la dai a tutti e poi piangi perche ti chiamano zoccola

11. Lady_A said:

prima esci mezza nuda = first, you go out half naked

la dai a tutti e poi piangi perche ti chiamano zoccola = you give it to everyone and then you cry 'cause they call you a wh*re

Carol Myers said:

Translation please for the following:

Non credo alle coppie che "stanno bene, vanno d'accordo."
    Credo a quelle coppie che ogni tanto maledicono il giorno in cui si sono incontrati, a quelle coppie che ogni tanto dicono di odiarsi e magari si odiano davvero a volte, a quelle coppie che hanno sempre paura di perdersi, credo a quelle coppie che quando fanno pace si sentono più unite di prima. ♥

è quello il senso ...il tuo restare insieme non s deve fermare al lato fisico, anke lontani si rimane insieme...e t rendi conto ke il legame è vero, nonostante 1 dei 2 abbia sbagliato si ricomincia sempre, come se niente fosse successo...qnd lei sta male e anke tu stai male, qnd lei è triste e anke tu sei triste, qnd c'è la paura di perdersi è amore...e non si lascia scappare! Sekondo
    Last edited by Carol Myers; 06-19-2010 at 10:39 AM.

13. Lady_A said:

I don't believe in the couples that "are good together, always getting along".
    I believe in those couples that every once in a while curse the day they met, in those couples that every once in a while say they hate each other and maybe they actually do sometimes, in those couple that are always afraid to lose each other, I believe in those couples that when make peace feel more bonded than ever.

Carol Myers said:

Thank you. could you also translate the second portion please?

è quello il senso ...il tuo restare insieme non s deve fermare al lato fisico, anke lontani si rimane insieme...e t rendi conto ke il legame è vero, nonostante 1 dei 2 abbia sbagliato si ricomincia sempre, come se niente fosse successo...qnd lei sta male e anke tu stai male, qnd lei è triste e anke tu sei triste, qnd c'è la paura di perdersi è amore...e non si lascia scappare! Sekondo

15. Lady_A said:

that's the point...staying together shouldn't stop at the physical part, even if apart, you are still together...and you realize that the bond is real, even if one of you was wrong, you always start over like nothing ever happened...when she doesn't feel good and neither are you, when she is sad and you are sad too, when the fear of losing each other exists, that is love...and you souldn't let it slip away! Second [something should follow]

Carol Myers said:

Here is the rest of it:

basta restare insieme sekondo me ... sempre. Ma qst che dici tu è amore platonico.

17. Lady_A said:

secondly, in my opinion, staying together is enough...always. But the thing you are talking about is platonic love.

Carol Myers said:

translation please for the following conversation:

la libera uscita, come molte altre cose qui dentro. .. e' solo una concessione. ma anche no

beh sei in BCSL cn al comando il trio delle meraviglie PIC-AV-RIG....qualsiasi cosa è una concessione

e skiattamm ind a panz! ma PIC ad agosto se ne va! IN MISSIONE!!
    sn felice x voi.... e ci rimanesse in missione...

Ligeia said:

Being off duty, like many other things here...is just a privilege but not surely

well, if you are in BCSL (?) with the wonder trio PIC-AV-RIG leading...anything is a privilege

(???) PIC on august goes on a mission!
    I'm happy for you! I really hope he would remain forever on a mission

Carol Myers said:

Thank you very much. Gets so confusing when slang or Neapolitan is thrown into sentences .