Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Italian <-> English translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Italian <-> English translations

Tags: None

Carol Myers said:

2 Phrases I would love translated into English:

Quando ami veramente non hai bisogno di risposte: ami e basta....
    L'amore è dare. Ami e non ti frega niente se l'altro ti ama o no. E' molto diverso dalla passione e dal sesso.... -vasco-....

Nella vita ci sono cose che ti cerchi e altre che ti vengono a cercare. Non le hai scelte e nemmeno le vorresti...
    ma arrivano e dopo non sei più uguale. A quel punto le soluzioni sono due: o scappi cercando di lasciartele alle spalle o ti fermi e le affronti. Qualsiasi soluzione tu scelga ti cambia, e tu hai solo la possibilità di scegliere se in bene o in male.

citlalli said:

@Carol Myers:

Quando ami veramente non hai bisogno di risposte: ami e basta.... When you truly love, you don't need any answers: you love and that's it...
    L'amore è dare. Ami e non ti frega niente se l'altro ti ama o no. E' molto diverso dalla passione e dal sesso.... -vasco-.... Love is giving. You love and don't care if the other person loves you (back) or not. It's very different from passion or sex...

Nella vita ci sono cose che ti cerchi e altre che ti vengono a cercare. Non le hai scelte e nemmeno le vorresti... ma arrivano e dopo non sei più uguale. A quel punto le soluzioni sono due: o scappi cercando di lasciartele alle spalle o ti fermi e le affronti. Qualsiasi soluzione tu scelga ti cambia, e tu hai solo la possibilità di scegliere se in bene o in male.In this life, there are things you search for and things which search for you. You haven't chosen them and don't even want them... but they come to you and afterwards you're never the same again. At that point there are two solutions: either you escape and try and leave them behind you, or you stop and face them. Any solution you may pick will change you, and the only thing you can decide is whether this (change) will be for good or for bad.

Very nice thoughts!
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

Carol Myers said:

Yes, they are very nice. Thank you. I think I found 2 more, would you mind translating please?

Ho imparato: che non esiste il "sempre" e neanche il "mai", che ogni cosa prende senso se da un "io" poi passi a un...
    ..."noi", che niente è impossibile ma solo se lo vuoi, che certe cose le capisci solo se ci passerai...Ho imparato: che l'amore non ha sesso e non ha età, che il mondo non è quello delle pubblicità, che la gente non ti vede come ti vedi tu, che da un errore puoi imparare e non lo commetti più.. Ho ...

Non è perfetta, nemmeno tu lo sei, e voi due potreste non essere mai perfetti insieme. Ma se lei sa farti ridere..
    farti pensare due volte, farti ammettere di essere umano e... di commettere errori, tienitela stretta e dalle tutto quello che puoi. Puoi non essere il suo primo, il suo ultimo, il suo unico. Lei ha amato prima di te e potrebbe amare ancora. Ma ti vuole bene ora, che altro conta?
    Last edited by Carol Myers; 06-21-2010 at 11:15 AM.

citlalli said:

Ho imparato: che non esiste il "sempre" e neanche il "mai", che ogni cosa prende senso se da un "io" poi passi a un...
    ..."noi", che niente è impossibile ma solo se lo vuoi, che certe cose le capisci solo se ci passerai...Ho imparato: che l'amore non ha sesso e non ha età, che il mondo non è quello delle pubblicità, che la gente non ti vede come ti vedi tu, che da un errore puoi imparare e non lo commetti più.. Ho ...
    I've learnt that "always" and "never" don't exist, that everything makes sense if "I" turns into "we", that nothing is impossible if you want it (to happen), that certain things are to be understood only if you experience them yourself... I've learnt that love has no gender and no age, that the world is not like shown in the ads, that people don't look at you in the same manner you look at yourself, that you can learn from your mistakes and never commit them again...I've...

Non è perfetta, nemmeno tu lo sei, e voi due potreste non essere mai perfetti insieme. Ma se lei sa farti ridere..
    farti pensare due volte, farti ammettere di essere umano e... di commettere errori, tienitela stretta e dalle tutto quello che puoi. Puoi non essere il suo primo, il suo ultimo, il suo unico. Lei ha amato prima di te e potrebbe amare ancora. Ma ti vuole bene ora, che altro conta?
    She's not perfect, and you aren't (perfect) either, and it could be that the two of you will never be perfect together. But if she knows how to make you laugh...how to make you think things twice, how to make you admit you're a human and you make mistakes, then hold her tightly and give her all you can. You may not be the first one in her life, nor the last one or the only one. She has loved before you and may love after you. But for now she loves you, so what does it matter?

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

Carol Myers said:

Thank you as always

Here is the missing portion of the above:

Ho imparato tante cose e imparare ancora voglio... Non basta solo questo... Prendiamo un altro foglio!

citlalli said:

You're welcome Here's the rest:

Ho imparato tante cose e imparare ancora voglio... Non basta solo questo... Prendiamo un altro foglio! I've learnt so many things, and I want to learn even more...this alone is not enough... let's take another sheet (of paper)!

I'm gonna watch the football now... see you around

Carol Myers said:

To Lady A. Regarding Book to Read.

My friend said the following:

his name is Fabio Volo....
    in his books he speaks about life-love-happyness....but the way that he writes....is full of coulors...
    i like very much his book called ....E' una vita che ti aspetto....
    ( best sellers)
    poi c'è un posto nel mondo
    il tempo che vorrei
    il giorno in piu'

Carol Myers said:

translation to english please for:

No amore, non è la fiction

Ligeia said:

No love, it's not the tv serial.
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

forza10udinese said:

How would you say:
    I do not go to school. I just moved here
    from Napoli a few months ago
    In italian?
    » pistepse se mena, giati de pistevw se tipota, ke 8elw na ginw kapios ston opion 8a pistevw [ ♥ ] «

11. Lady_A said:

Non vado a scuola, ho appena traslocato da Napoli qualche mese fa.

12. Lady_A said:

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Myers View Post
    To Lady A. Regarding Book to Read.

My friend said the following:

his name is Fabio Volo....
    in his books he speaks about life-love-happyness....but the way that he writes....is full of coulors...
    i like very much his book called ....E' una vita che ti aspetto....
    ( best sellers)
    poi c'è un posto nel mondo
    il tempo che vorrei
    il giorno in piu'

....E' una vita che ti aspetto.... = I've been waiting for you my whole life
    ( best sellers)
    poi c'è un posto nel mondo = then there's a place in the world
    il tempo che vorrei = the time I wish for
    il giorno in piu' = one more day

Carol Myers said:

Default Misc. phrase translated from Italian to English please.

1. L'amore è una cosa così bella, una cosa così grande, una notte d'angoscia non può che diventare una carezza

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Myers View Post
    1. L'amore è una cosa così bella, una cosa così grande, una notte d'angoscia non può che diventare una carezza
    Hi

Love is such a beautiful thing, such a great thing, a night of agony can become nothing but a caress.

Carol Myers said:

Translation please for:

♫ due caratteri diversi prendon fuoco facilmente ma divisi siamo persi ci sentiamo quasi niente ♫

Ligeia said:

Two characters so different easily catch fire, but divided we are lost, we almost feel like we're nothing

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

Carol Myers said:

Default Italian Phrase translated into English please

Io ti baciavo mentre tu piangevi...e adesso che io piango tu chi bacerai ?

Ligeia said:

I was kissing you while you were crying...now that I am crying who are you gonna kiss?

Carol Myers said:

That is so sad Thank you once again!

Carol Myers said:

Translation to English please. I think this is from a play. .. not sure.

UN MINUTO DI SILENZIO PER TUTTI I RAGAZZI C'ABBUSCANO RE NAMMURATE!!!
    -.-''
    By: el pampas..
    She: un minuto di silenzio x te!!!
    He: ma non credo prp!!!
    She: ammettilo!!!
    He: ma solo da te le prendo!
    She: ovvio e scontato!
    He: ma quelle non fanno male! :P
    She: jamm scem, ke hai ancora le braccia rovinate!
    He: ehhhhhhh lasciamm sta, nun me fa penzà!
    She: ecco appunto!!!...
    He: lo sai ke io t faccio male col pensiero...
    She: ahahah ma lo sai ke mi basta un solo gesto...anzi una parola x farti crollare!
    He: hahahahahahahahahah!! nella fantasia... -.-"
    She: amò nn m sfidare lo sai, aropp nn vnì a kiagner...
    He: addirittura me fai kiagner??? e ke sarà mai?
    She: ahahah staj facenn o malament solo xkè stiamo scrivendo qui, vieni in chat muccus!
    He: ahahaha mantienete!!!!