Traduction de "Love lies bleeding" (EltonJohn)

Thread: Traduction de "Love lies bleeding" (EltonJohn)

Tags: None
  1. Crisotf said:

Default Traduction de "Love lies bleeding" (EltonJohn)

Dans la chanson "Love is bleeding(ou Funeral for a friend) de Elton Jones et d'autres, comme I Drown in the existence".

Je voudrais avoir un traduction qui conserve le sens anglais (autre chose qu'un traduction mot ŕ mot) de l'expression "Love lies bleeding".

Dans Funeral for a friend:
    «And ----love lies bleeding---- in my hand,
    It kills me to think of you with another man.
    I was playing rock-nproll and you were just a fan,
    But my guitar couldn't hold you
    So I spilt the band.
    ----Love lies bleeding---- in my hands»

ET dans I drown in the existence :

«Even the last mighty light can't annihilate the raven of life.
    Our love can't be saved...Lies invade everything...I cry as I bleed...
    A mournful requiem come with my first breath
    As I drown in existence...
    ----Love lies bleeding---------.
    Stabbed by a blade called " life "»

Qqun aurait la gentillesse de me donner une bonne traduction qui respecte le sens anglophone de l'expression "Love lies bleeding".

Merci.

2. Crisotf said:

Moi je traduirais "Love lies bleeding"
    par «L'Amour gît en sang (ou ensanglant&#233»
    dans une traduction mot à mot.

Si ma traduction est bonne, l'expression ne fait pas beaucoup de sens en francais.
    Si quelqu'un peut me donner une traduction cette expression qui traduise ce qu'elle signfie en anglais.

Mais peut-être aussi que la traduction littérale est bonne et que ça peut vouloir dire simplement «mon coeur saigne» ou quelque chose du genre. Si quelqu'un connait bien l'anglais, peut-il me donner son avis ? Ce serait apprécié. Merci.

cortom said:

I don't think 'Love lies bleeding in my hand' has any special meaning, so you can translate it more or less literally. I remember that the record by Elton John had a drawing besides the lyrics of a hand which was holding a red rose. So I always thought that he was referring to a rose, the color red reminding him of blood, the more so since the love affair was dying. Something like that. I never heard the second song you are referring to though.

Don't know if this is helpful to you.

4. Crisotf said:

That's exactly what I wanted to know.
    Thanks so much, Cortom, for your explanations.
    Last edited by Crisotf; 04-04-2008 at 09:54 AM.

5. Crisotf said:

@ Cortom
    Just to be sure...

Dans "love lies bleeding", "lies" peut-il avoir le sens de «mensonges (d'amour)» ???

Ou s'il s'agit bien du verbe "to lie".

Merci à l'avance.

cortom said:

I would bet money on it that in this case it means 'rests in my hand (bleeding)'. I think one should say 'love is lying bleeding in my hand' if you mean 'not telling the truth'. And even then, the sentence doesn't seem to make sense. But I'm not a native speaker, so I could be mistaken.

7. Crisotf said:

Once again, thanks a lot Cortom.

Vos commentaires et explications sont fort appréciés. Merci.