Looking for a Christian song by Johnny Rivers

Thread: Looking for a Christian song by Johnny Rivers

Tags: None
  1. Randy Bachman said:

Smile Looking for a Christian song by Johnny Rivers

Hey folks

You have heard of Johnny Rivers, 60`s 70`s singer, possibly best known for "poor side of town" etc

Anyway I heard this song once only probably 20 years ago now, was on a Christian rock radio program hosted by the great Skip Procock(sp) from LIGHTHOUSE...sunny days etc.

The main lyric goes like this.....LORD I AM COMING TO YOU WITH MY HEART IN MY HANDS, DONT TURN ME AWAY I DONT KNOW HOW TO PRAY.

needless to say I have done countless searches for this song on google and various forums.

ANYBODY KNOW IT??
  2. Randy Bachman said:

Here is the main vs..."I am coming to you with my heart in my hands, don`t turm me away I don`t know how to pray"

I was told you guys have never failed to help someone here

Perhaps I am the first
  3. viajero83 said:

I don't know exactly which song it is, but I think it's from the album "Not a through street". As far as I know it is his only gospel album.
    Unfortunately the album is not available on CD, only on LP.
  4. Randy Bachman said:

Default Thanks

THANKS Viajero83

You are absolutely right, it`s from "NOT A THROUGH STREET" I was just reporting back to post same when I read your reply.

Yes the name of the song is "NOWHERE ELSE TO GO"

It occured to me there might be a Johnny Rivers fan club and sure enough there was. I posted my question couple days ago and got the answer yesterday.

A member of the fan club volunteered to send me a copy of the entire album, NOT A THROUGH STREET.

Hey ViaJero, how did you happen to know the song, or have you heard it?

I would be happy to share with anybody once I get it.
  5. viajero83 said:

I used to have the album on MP3 but I lost it. I should have made a backup.
    It really is a great album. So if you could send me a copy it would be great!!!
  6. Randy Bachman said:

Quote Originally Posted by viajero83 View Post
    I used to have the album on MP3 but I lost it. I should have made a backup.
    It really is a great album. So if you could send me a copy it would be great!!!

Yes for sure I make you a copy Hey I`m having one made for me as we speak.

I just sent you PM asking for your mailing address.
  7. Stanley E. said:

Randy - did you get an MP3 of the Johnny Rivers album "Not a Through Street"? If so, can I possibly get a copy of it? I have searched for it off and on for several years. I used to have a cassette tape of the album but it wore out. Thanks in advance for you reply.
  8. Randy Bachman said:

Yes I have it now, I will PM you with contact info to work out the transfer.

btw I got it through the Johnny Rivers fan club