Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Tags: None

lorelai_g87 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne View Post
    lol since you're italian and in some parts of italy that def. sounds the same haha lol .. so i understand you
    ehehe
    ...life after death...

lorelai_g87 said:

Hmmm...I tried to translate this by myself....

I want my soulmate here with me
    Hoću moja srodna duša ovde sa mnom

is that right?
    ...life after death...

Adrienne said:

Hocu svoju srodnu dusu ovde sa mnom

you have to learn cases in serbian, that's the main thing
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em você, você em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

Spring said:

Quote Originally Posted by lorelai_g87 View Post
    thanks Spring for trying, but I guess my ear has problems lol I think I'll never get the difference, but since you said many people mix them up, I'm sort of relieved
    My mother mixes them up most of the time and yeah really many people have the problem though they've lived here all their lives... There are some parts where they almost officially pronounce č and ć in the same way ..
    Kajkavian dialect of Croatian for example for č and ć use something that we would call "average value" and for dž and đ they also use some sound in between

But.. now that you've put the challenge ahead of us.. we must find a way to teach you lol

I was thinking maybe we should ask in Turkish forum how they pronounce Ç, ç but now I realized it's also something between ć and č and yep I don't think I could ever say it correctly arghhh

- ć and đ are definitely softer than č and dž
    Here's an explanation I've found somewhere.. and maybe it will work for you though it doesn't for me... I dont have a clue how I'd do that.. LOL
    - č - like "ch" in challenge
    ć - softer than č. try to say "ch" and "y" at the same time.

lorelai_g87 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne View Post
    Hocu svoju srodnu dusu ovde sa mnom

you have to learn cases in serbian, that's the main thing
    hmm I know...sounds quite complicated, lol I get so confused. But damn it, I wanna learn Serbian so badly! And I will one day

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    My mother mixes them up most of the time and yeah really many people have the problem though they've lived here all their lives... There are some parts where they almost officially pronounce č and ć in the same way ..
    Kajkavian dialect of Croatian for example for č and ć use something that we would call "average value" and for dž and đ they also use some sound in between

But.. now that you've put the challenge ahead of us.. we must find a way to teach you lol

I was thinking maybe we should ask in Turkish forum how they pronounce Ç, ç but now I realized it's also something between ć and č and yep I don't think I could ever say it correctly arghhh

- ć and đ are definitely softer than č and dž
    Here's an explanation I've found somewhere.. and maybe it will work for you though it doesn't for me... I dont have a clue how I'd do that.. LOL
    oh thanks! that helped a bit! though I'm sure I'll fully understand the difference when hearing it out loud...such a pity I dont have serbian friends in Italy
    ...life after death...

Spring said:

Yeah I think hearing it is also not enough.. you need someone to show you and make funny faces with you till you get it

But...
    Serbian Alphabet with Pronunciation
    Maybe this helps

lorelai_g87 said:

Yeah I think hearing it is also not enough.. you need someone to show you and make funny faces with you till you get it

But...
    Serbian Alphabet with Pronunciation
    Maybe this helps
    ahahaha funny faces are always welcomed
    thank u for the link!!!!!
    mh...i've noticed there's no Y in serbian. Do you use J insteadof Y? My name has a Y and I was wondering how would it be written in serbian
    ...life after death...

Adrienne said:

DEpends on what's your name
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em você, você em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

lorelai_g87 said:

Well mine is the funniest name in the world lol - Pinky ehehehe
    ...life after death...

ann110 said:

pass..pass..........any one can tell me how to learn Spanish.......-_-|||
    That man is the richest whose pleasure are the cheapest.

Spring said:

ann are you lost or just teasing us? lol
    In any case, we have a forum for Spanish lyrics translations and maybe someone can help you there

Now, Pinky It is not funny... it's cute! assuming that y in your name is pronounced like English "e" we would write it Pinki - we write everything like we hear it.. That's the basic rule of the language - every letter has only one sound associated with it and we "write as we speak, read as we write"

lorelai_g87 said:

Now, Pinky It is not funny... it's cute! but the y in your name is pronounced like English "e" and we would write it Pinki - we write everything like we hear it.. That's the basic rule of the language - every letter has only one sound associated with it and we "write as we speak, read as we write"
    Oh I like that rule ehehe just like italian
    LOL thanks...it's not a common name here and when people hear it, they go "Mh ok.......but what's ur real name???". Ooops off topic
    ...life after death...

ann110 said:

Red face

-_-|||...i am ...sorry.......................i am a newbie here.........sorry,i have just saw the Spanish forum.....aha...= =|||....please continue.....
    That man is the richest whose pleasure are the cheapest.

Spring said:

lol No problemo ann! Enjoy the forums!

15. mimi_89 said:

thank you very much for your answer Spring

lorelai_g87 said:

The truth is I gave my heart away a long time ago, all of it, and I never really got it back (from the movie Sweet Home Alabama) => Serbian
    Last edited by lorelai_g87; 05-23-2008 at 11:05 AM.
    ...life after death...

Nur_Demir said:

Smile

the Turkish pronounce Ç ç like a ch sound as in change so çok would actually be pronounced the same as choke. But the C is pronounced with a j sound as in jam so canım actually becomes janum.
    Ostani do kraj,
    cekaj go denot nov sto se budi,
    ljubi me i znaj,
    ti si se sto sakam jas.

Nur_Demir said:

what is the difference between "tebe" & "sebe" they both mean you is one a familiar form and the other more formal? Hvala!!
    Ostani do kraj,
    ljubi me i znaj,
    ti si se sto sakam jas.

Spring said:

çok teşekkür ederim Nur Demir!

About tebe and sebe .. no....
    Tebe is when I am talking about you and for example I say - I am calling you - Zovem tebe
    and sebe is when I am talking about myself and I say - I am calling myself - Zovem sebe
    (then you might think I am slightly nuts for calling sebe but I can't think of a better way to explain lol

Formal and informal gets into speech with Ti and Vi (when you say ti = you to someone you are talking informally to the person but when you tell him Vi = you, then it's formal)

Quote Originally Posted by mimi_89 View Post
    thank you very much for your answer Spring
    any time!

Nur_Demir said:

Smile

çok teşekkür ederim Nur Demir!
    rica ederim Spring or nema na ćemu Spring ... giggle

About tebe and sebe .. no....
    Tebe is when I am talking about you and for example I say - I am calling you - Zovem tebe
    and sebe is when I am talking about myself and I say - I am calling myself - Zovem sebe
    (then you might think I am slightly nuts for calling sebe but I can't think of a better way to explain lol

Formal and informal gets into speech with Ti and Vi (when you say ti = you to someone you are talking informally to the person but when you tell him Vi = you, then it's formal)
    Hvala!!!!! Spring razumijem!!! or teşekkür ederim anladım!!!!
    Ostani do kraj,
    ljubi me i znaj,
    ti si se sto sakam jas.