I wish to learn Romanian

Thread: I wish to learn Romanian

Tags: None
  1. Nephtalia said:

Exclamation I wish to learn Romanian

buna ziua ^_^ i'm Nephtalia Maikinen, and im (sadly) from America(the land that cares about no other language but english), I REALLY WANT TO LEARN ROMANIAN. my reasons are: 1. i am partly romanian, and would like to embrace my romanian heritage as much as possible, 2. the romanian language is very beautiful, and i love the fact that it stayed independent even though it became surrounded by the slovak languages ^_^ and lastly3. WORLD PEACE

-multumesc foarte mult
    -Nephtalia Maikinen

Layla said:

Welcome, Nephtalia! I am glad to hear that you want to learn this language! Here is a special thread for Learning the Romanian language:

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ro...-language.html

You can take a look there and read the posts and if you have any questions, just post them there and you will get an answer!
  3. petit_lapin said:

Salut
    lectii gratuite : spaima_zmeilor yahoo messenger Atentie nu vorbesc engleza dar traduc cu google

ovelix said:

Petit lapin, traduci cu google? LOL Toata lumea poate "traduce" cu google. Si traducerea iese varza. Daca nu stii engleza, cum vrei sa le explici?

M-am trezit si eu sa comentez dupa 1 an). Cred ca tre' sa-mi iau ochelari.
    Last edited by ovelix; 07-16-2009 at 07:09 AM.

DeBaires said:

Hey! Great to see more people wanting to learn Romanian! I'm going to recommend that you use the site below. It conjugates verbs, has a dictionary (Eng->Rom & Rom->Eng), gives you quizzes & even gives you the etymology of words! Hope it helps.

http://www.dictionare.com/dictionaries/dictionary.htm

*EDIT* I just checked the quizzes on the site I listed above, & the links don't seem to be working, everything else does though.

So here's another site with quizzes.

http://iteslj.org/v/ro/
    Nu ştiu de ce lupt aşa pentru tine.
    Ti it l'avģe tut ma adess 't as nen gnente.
    Exchange the sunshine for brown eyes & dark skies, replace this dull life with you.

JunjouLover said:

OMG!!! I love Gackt, too! Gackt, Romanian, so much in common. lawlz

You should try to get some Romanian music I think, it helps alot with pronunciation and stuff. I know that on iTunes they have some, but not a lot. They have one Voltaj album that's really good, Revelator, that you should buy and there's a few other artists that you might want to keep an eye out for.

Try to find someone who speaks Romanian in your area.... If you are Romanian I assume that someone in your family speaks so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Here's a site that can help you with grammar and vocabulary: http://forum.wordreference.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

And for some beginner-ish courses (from the same site):
    http://www.romanianlessons.com/ - lessons (mainly grammar) with audio files
    http://www.internetpolyglot.com/lessons-ro-en - vocabulary lessons with audio content.
    http://www.freewebs.com/invata_limba_romana/lesson1.htm - a set of ten lessons, emphasis on grammar

Good luck with Romanian! It may seem a bit daunting at first, but as long as you remain persistent and practice as much as possible, you should catch on well.
    Last edited by JunjouLover; 07-16-2009 at 08:36 PM.
  7. alexthegreat said:

if u want to learn romanian i can teach you what i know.i'm romanian by nature lol so i know.just PM and we will talk.take care

tigress_tim said:

Quote Originally Posted by ovelix View Post
    Petit lapin, traduci cu google? LOL Toata lumea poate "traduce" cu google. Si traducerea iese varza. Daca nu stii engleza, cum vrei sa le explici?

M-am trezit si eu sa comentez dupa 1 an). Cred ca tre' sa-mi iau ochelari.
    hahahahahahahahaha LOL! Acum vad si eu thread-ul acesta...
    " Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive. "
  9. j_wilhelm said:

Default Wis to learn how to understand and speak Romanian

Hi,

I wish to learn Romanian, Im a virtual newbie to it but very interested. can anyone give me any good directions as where to start. In in the Cincinnati Ohio region and it would be great to find a local person but over the net would be great to. Please feel free to PM me.

Jeff

mike123 said:

Hi Jeff,

I take lessons from a private tutor in manhattan. I found her ad on craigslist.org. maybe you can find the same for your region.

There are plenty of books and the Romanians on this site are awesome teachers.

You can ask questions here any time. good luck!

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/le...-language.html
    De multe ori tăcerea e mai bună decāt răspunsul.
  11. j_wilhelm said:

Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    Hi Jeff,

I take lessons from a private tutor in manhattan. I found her ad on craigslist.org. maybe you can find the same for your region.

There are plenty of books and the Romanians on this site are awesome teachers.

You can ask questions here any time. good luck!

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/le...-language.html
    Hi Mike,

Thank you. I will have a read through that thread tonight. I do check Craigslist locally. There was an add a month or so back that I responded to but the person offering lessons never returned my email.

J

mike123 said:

Sorry, I was at work when I typed that email so I wrote fast and submitted without realizing i wasn't done :P....

There are many books and resources online that will help you start out.

Keep looking on craigslist, something might turn up. maybe you can find a language school that offers it. I found a couple in manhattan, but the private lessons were cheaper for me so I went for that instead.

I've considered asking someone here if they can help me learn to talk. Because right now I suck at it terribly. I would pay of course. But I haven't committed to offering it yet.
    De multe ori tăcerea e mai bună decāt răspunsul.
  13. *Italian Girl* said:

I am italian and i have learned romanian !!
    if you want I can teach it to you
    add me here: giada.divina@yahoo.it (u can add me also if you have msn or if you want write me a mail)
    __
    eu sunt italianca si am invatat romaneste !
    e foare tare!
  14. usnewfies101 said:

Well it's awesome to see other people that want to learn Romanian as well as myself. I really really want to learn it too but I have no time to do so as of yet...

So instead I just keep listening to awesome Romanian artists and trying to sing along with them. I also use the translations found on here to visualize the words to the songs and see what they mean... It works ok but of course is very limited.

When I did have some time however, i found that Pimsleur's Romanian was very helpful because it gave you time to repeat words after the author. The full software package is fairly expensive though I think. Lately, I've noticed more and more websites for free learning of Romanian, so hopefully I can explore those options soon.

The real problem with me trying to learn Romanian is that no one around me can seem to understand why I want to so bad. The music got me interested at first. But now the culture and the people really have me wanting to learn it even more...

NNA for life said:

Quote Originally Posted by *Italian Girl* View Post
    I am italian and i have learned romanian !!
    if you want I can teach it to you
    add me here: giada.divina@yahoo.it (u can add me also if you have msn or if you want write me a mail)
    __
    eu sunt italianca si am invatat romaneste !
    e foare tare!
    Well.For me as a romanian guy is easy to learn the italian language.i wonder how hard is for an intalian to learn romanian???
    ------>Kaal ho na ho<------
    ------>Lebnan ya 2it3it sama<------
    ------>La 2ilaha 2illa allah<------
  16. Miniofilka said:

Smile Want to learn Romanian

Hi! I'm Polish and I would like to learn Romanian because I like Romanians and Romanians party music Can you help me?:P You can find me on facebook - Agnieszka Ostrowska-Fetera
    Buna noapte!

NNA for life said:

Quote Originally Posted by Miniofilka View Post
    Hi! I'm Polish and I would like to learn Romanian because I like Romanians and Romanians party music Can you help me?:P You can find me on facebook - Agnieszka Ostrowska-Fetera
    Buna noapte!
    Correct is "Noapte buna"
    buna noapte=hi night
    noapte buna=good night

NNA for life said:

Well guys if you want to learn romanian language you just need to ask what you want to know.
    ll_nnafan@yahoo.com <---- My Messenger ID
  19. Miniofilka said:

Quote Originally Posted by NNA for life View Post
    Correct is "Noapte buna"
    buna noapte=hi night
    noapte buna=good night
    Sorry for my mistake, hehe in Poland we talk in this order so that's why I made this mistake) Now I know what is a correct order, thx for your valuable advice Salutari
  20. *Italian Girl* said:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by NNA for life View Post
    Well.For me as a romanian guy is easy to learn the italian language.i wonder how hard is for an intalian to learn romanian???
    =) hey ! i have learned Romanian easily, i can't understand how I could learn it so faster ! Maybe for the others Italians that doesn't take this with heart is difficult, but I take it very personal so I have learned well and fast ! I LOVE ROMANIAN