Serbian /Croatian chit-chat off topic discussions

Thread: Serbian /Croatian chit-chat off topic discussions

Tags: None

Zvezda said:

Default Serbian /Croatian chit-chat off topic discussions

So, I am a massive fan of both Zeljko Joksimovic and Ceca. I do not have any access to Serbian media and I cannot speak Serbian either I am afraid. I heard a while ago that Ceca is dating somebody, does anyone know whether this is true? And I have never heard of Zeljko dating anyone, does anyone know anything? If not I can still hope
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

Adrienne said:

Zeljko has a girlfriend for long time now...
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em vocę, vocę em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

Da li cu ikad moci da sklopim oci a da tebe nema..?

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam!
    בועז, תתחתן איתי!

Adi_Tajfoon said:

Ceca does have someone but she is keeping her life a secret. She has two kids, Anastasia and Veljko.

Zeljko's girl is ugly :P

maria_gr said:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne View Post
    Zeljko has a girlfriend for long time now...
    Haha Adrienne now you broke my heart!! I'm a big fan...

P.S. Heem it's off topic but I wonder this for a long long time. In Serbia do you write with cyrillic alphabet or latin?
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

Zise_ti_zoi said:

Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post

P.S. Heem it's off topic but I wonder this for a long long time. In Serbia do you write with cyrillic alphabet or latin?
    I wanna know that too , cause one friend of mine is studiing it and at first they wrote in cyrillic, then in latin.
    하늘의 별 따기...
    등잔 밑이 어둡다!

y! said:

well, to be honest, I use latin most of the time, but official is cyrilic alphabet, so most of the street names are on cyrilic, I think school books too, or some other official things...
    but, you can use both for sure...

Adrienne said:

Sorry for breaking your heart but I dont like his gf either, not a big fan of Zeljko too though but she is something ghhh... :S

and I use more latyinic than cyrilic to be honest

I used to gt all my books in latinic..and recently I got an exam book in cyrilic lol.. it looks so strange
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em vocę, vocę em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

בועז, תתחתן איתי!

Zvezda said:

Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    Haha Adrienne now you broke my heart!! I'm a big fan...
    I'll second that at least she's nothing to look at (so you say ). Is she an actress, singer, tv persona?

And to the new topic: So then in Serbia cyrilic is official, but is latin becoming increasingly popular among people?Is there some sort of debate? I have heard stories about people feeling very strongly about the use of Cyrilic in ex-yu countries with large Serbian populations. I was wondering whether it is the same in Serbia.
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

Adrienne said:

She's tv persona, I think

In Serbian Constitution this is written: У Републици Србији у службеној употреби су српски језик и ћириличко писмо.
    Службена употреба других језика и писама уређује се законом, на основу Устава.

(In Serbian Republic serbian language and cyrillic are in official use. Official use of other languages and letters (as latinic) are determinated wiht law, based on Constitution)

If you ask me, cyrilic was used before we entered the computer, internet and mobile phones era. When I was little i used to write cyrilic, but as soon as i started to learn english i turned to latinic. It was kinda easier to go with that one, than to switch from one to another.
    On the other hand there are people that tend to write only in cyrilic.. That is individual choice thing...
    Aconteceu
    Estava escrito assim
    Eu em vocę, vocę em mim
    Eu te encontrei
    Meu grande amor..

בועז, תתחתן איתי!

Adi_Tajfoon said:

In Serbian, latinic and cyrilic are used equally, but nowadays latinic is way more popular. Serbian can be written with both, but cyrilic has letters that are typical for Serbian, and for which latinic doesn't have equals ( like lj, nj, dj,dzh, sh)

y! said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezda View Post
    I have heard stories about people feeling very strongly about the use of Cyrilic in ex-yu countries with large Serbian populations. I was wondering whether it is the same in Serbia.
    well, I think that some people think that using cyrilic alphabet is question of national identity, and that using cyrilic more will help us keep that identity..that is opinion of some people I was talking to, about this topic..I can't say that I disagree with them, or agree...for me latin is easier, and I really rarely use cyrilic(I know it like I know latin), but 'cause of like Adrienne said..'computer, internet and mobile phones era' I think most of serbian people use latin more..
    on the other hand, I didn't noticed that greeks stoped using their letter 'cause of that..maybe I am wrong, but that is what I've noticed so far...

velvet_sky said:

well I also write in bulgarian with latin alphabet coz its easier to me sometimes ... but also i sometimes use phonetic ( i mean i can push the buttons which are latin but on the pc they are coming in cyrilic alphabet )
    Tose Proeski - The Hardest Thing --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKRrADJ7j3E
    * Agapi mou gurna pisw, Mou Leipeis... :[

y! said:

Quote Originally Posted by velvet_sky View Post
    well I also write in bulgarian with latin alphabet coz its easier to me sometimes ... but also i sometimes use phonetic ( i mean i can push the buttons which are latin but on the pc they are coming in cyrilic alphabet )
    yes I can do that too...but there is nothing I could find ..I mean, I don't think that I will find much website-s on cyrilic

maria_gr said:

Quote Originally Posted by velvet_sky View Post
    I suppose that you write with latin alphabet on internet, right? In your school you probably write with cyrillic. I do that too, I mean when I write here many times I use latin (like parakalw ), but Greeks in their lives write with the greek one. I don't think that there is anyone here who writes with latin, that would be really strange...

~Δημόκριτος~

Zvezda said:

Quote Originally Posted by y! View Post
    on the other hand, I didn't noticed that greeks stoped using their letter 'cause of that..maybe I am wrong, but that is what I've noticed so far...
    That is because there is not a standardised way to spell Greek using a latin alphabet (as there is in Serbo-Croat, sorry for the term it just proves my point). Some people use latin letters to spell Greek only on internet forums to make writing speedier and that was how "greeklish" was born, but even so many people would spell the exact same word differently, so I can't see Greek ever going officially latin. I do not think that the Greeks would want to anyway, it would be a shame to change a language that has been around since the dawn of time.

There was a time I was really used to using greeklish so when eventually I had to go back to spelling Greek properly I found it amazingly strange

pippirrup said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezda View Post
    . . . it would be a shame to change a language that has been around since the dawn of time.
    I wouldn't say that Greeek has remained unchanged since the "dawn of time" 'coz Greek like every (living) language has been changing throughout the years (and centuries) and ancient Greek isn't this same language that is spoken in Greece nowadays; I say this although I don't speak Greek and may sound like a smartass:P

But the main point I wanted to make is that all users of the languages that use non-Latin spelling systems should prepare to adopt Latin alphabet, as it is most uniform and easiest to learn. Globalization is what it is, and English is the lingua franca of the world these days. Greek may be a very old and respectable language, but Latin stems to a large extent from Greek and so does English from Latin. English, and American English too, is the most influential language in the world these days. I can read the Cyrilic alphabet; Я знаю как читать по руский ;P but for me it is kind of a tidbit. All these spelling systems are kinda outdated. Every language should be spelled in Latin alphabet - there's no return from globalization!

P.S. And English English does be strange too, (like the Irish say, I guess;P) American Engish is way better and easier to understand...

Sorry for MY English;P and the (radical) views that may seem pretty arrogant to some of you...but that's what I do think...
    Last edited by pippirrup; 05-25-2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: imperfect knowledge of English:P

maria_gr said:

I will stand in two phrases.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippirrup View Post
    I wouldn't say that Greeek has remained unchanged since the "dawn of time" 'coz Greek like every (living) language has been changing throughout the years (and centuries) and ancient Greek isn't this same language that is spoken in Greece nowadays;
    You have right in this, but I think that Zvezda talks about the alphabet and not the language. Generally the alphabet hasn't sustained great changes, I mean changes that make an alphabet totally different. The only big change is that modern Greeks use small letters, while ancient Greeks used only the capitals. You can see it in this picture, almost all the letters are the same...

Quote Originally Posted by pippirrup View Post
    Every language should be spelled in Latin alphabet - there's no return from globalization!
    Should? I think that this word is really heavy... Maybe I'm wrong but I think that all countries have to retain their own identity and culture, cause firstly are Greeks, Serbians, Bulgarians etc. and then they are Europeans. Of course if any Greek wants to use latin he can, but we can't make official latin alphabet in Greece. None would agree with that and nobody wants it. And also think of the old men who don't know english and latin alphabet, how could they write in latin when they don't know it? If strangers want to learn Greek so much, they can make an effort to learn Greek alphabet as Greeks learn english etc.

~Δημόκριτος~

Zise_ti_zoi said:

I'm agree with you Maria_gr Just like the Arabic hasn't changed since 7 - th century I think.
    Performing their language in latin letters, will make languages like Arabic, Greek, Armenian, to lose a huge part of their culture, and their spirit. (Not to mention that written by their alphabet these languages looks adoreable)
    About the bulgarian. I think it looks kinda strange & funny written in latin.
    Last edited by Zise_ti_zoi; 05-26-2008 at 07:23 AM.
    하늘의 별 따기...
    등잔 밑이 어둡다!

velvet_sky said:

well yeah in school i write in cyrilic alphabet for sure but when i am on the pc it's easier to write with latin alphabet... also zise i agree with you that if some foreigners when read on the net something in bulgarian it would appers to them very very strange, coz we got used to write with "6", "4", "1" .. which is strange indeed, at first when i saw writing wrote that way i was what that means ... but i got used also with that so even now i dont pay so much attention to it ... and i agree with the ppl that say every country should keep their culture and so , and their alphabet .. i mean we should write in our own language in cyrilic but on the net its so impossible and i guess we just keep it that way and used with that to write with latin alphabet.
    Tose Proeski - The Hardest Thing --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKRrADJ7j3E
    * Agapi mou gurna pisw, Mou Leipeis... :[

NPazarka said:

Yeah.. what's up with those numbers anyway :P?