Learning Spanish language

Thread: Learning Spanish language

Tags: None

papi.got.swag said:

hey was good..................estoy yendo,ive never heard that before

2. BAGurl said:

Estoy yendo is I'm going

Present continuous, it implies that you're in the process of performing the action described at the very same moment you're speaking...

let us know what you wanna learn...
    maybe some pick up lines??? for example, you can say to a chick on the street:

que linda que te ves, preciosa!
    you're looking fine, gorgeous!

try it out, and let us know if it works :P hehehe

papi.got.swag said:

i thought preciosa was precious? and good lookin on the line ma,i dont do pick up lines or anything like that but i dont like to say sweet things,i feel thats very important.as far as what i want to learn,well like i said i know a little but i would eventually love to become fluent.but back on the sweet talk for a minute lol,what would be some nice things that i could say to you that would make you smile but still but sweet and respectful?

papi.got.swag said:

o and another thing the word escucha meaning listen,when u say it do you pronounce the s after the e like ecucha or do u pronounce the s like escucha cuz no matter how many times i listen to si tu me amaras by ken-y i dont think he ever say it wit the s lol,so i was tryin to see what one was right.

5. BAGurl said:

ok, one thing at the time...
    1 - preciosa is precious, I used gorgeous as a synonym, so we're both right
    2 - sweet talk??? I think it depends on the way you say it, in my country, in Argentina we call this compliments (spe. the ones shouted at a girl, let's say on a street, as from a driving car) "piropos". In other countries they just call them "cumplidos", or some other things, I'm sure the girls here can give me a hand...
    Let me see... e.g.: the other day I was taking my son to school, and a guy walked passing next to me and turn around and said: "What a beautiful mom". He smiled while saying it, and I don't know why, but I couldn't help to smile back! He was polite when he said it, so it's not only what you say but it's also how you say it
    3 - You have to pronounce the S, the thing is that, depending on the country, people make different inflexions in their speech, so the intonation and pronounciation make came out a lil' ackward. But the S MUST be pronounced You wanna learn some "neutral" español? watch CNN en español

papi.got.swag said:

lol well im glad that we both right,thats whats up.and yea i feel you on saying it right i never trouble with that part at all.but u right about the different accents i my self am most familiar with puerto rican.thank you i thought u had to pronounce the s but i wasnt sure and yea i be watchin some of the spanish channels but mostly mtv tres cuz i mostly only listen to reggaeton,which also helps me out as well.id say la novelas but the times i had to watch them i didnt really understand too much lol.

7. BAGurl said:

preciosa, bonita, linda, hermosa, bella

they all mean pretty, beautiful or sth similar...

you can use that as a start, if you ask something nicely and add one of those words at the end of the sentence, you might sound a lot more persuasive

papi.got.swag said:

that was nice of the guy to give you a compliment,thats whats up ma holla at you!

papi.got.swag said:

thank you yea one of the things i like to say sometimes is mami que linda!

10. BAGurl said:

haha, hey, i aint gon lie to u... spanish is not an easy language to learn, has a lot of rules and its a mess with the verbs conjugation, etc...
    now, i know u probly wont like what imma bout 2 say, but... its a good thing that u found interest in sth and that reggaeton is now driving you towards a new language, BUT thats mos def not the best way to learn spanish :O
    pls dont kill me!!! but its true, i mean... its good as a start, but eventually i would suggest that you move on to other material too
    why? cuz you only get a small sample of the language... its like sayin i would wanna teach someone to speak english by listening to 50 cent songs... probly not the wisest call, huh???

papi.got.swag said:

Talking

lol naw prolly not the best,especially since i aint like 50 cent.but yea i know its no the best way and you are right,but it helps a little but your right bout i need something else.and i wouldnt get mad over sumthin like that ma its always good to speak your mind tu sabe pero gracias por todo y i look forward to everything else you help me with.i cant wait.

Zahra2008 said:

yes, some accents, dont pronounce the S, but like Bagurl said, you have to pronounce it, if what you want is a neutral accent!!
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

13. BAGurl said:

yup, that's nice too! now its time to improve your lines dude!!! hahaha

One day I was walking to the office, and a guy said to me: "Buen dia hermosa, que linda que estás esta mañana" that's very Argie, but you can say sth like:
    "oye, preciosa, que hermosa te ves esta mañana/tarde"
    thats probably gonna make the girl in question smile! plus, when a guy tells you sth nice like that on the street it really makes my day!

Tishana said:

hey ppl wats new how is ur day

papi.got.swag said:

now what does that mean,listen precious,your lookin beautiful this morning/afternoon?

16. BAGurl said:

we're all good, tx! how about you?
    just trying to teach papi some spanish, wanna learn too???

papi.got.swag said:

hey whats up

18. BAGurl said:

U GOT IT! A+ for papi

Tishana said:

lol im good! and sure ill try!

papi.got.swag said:

Talking

thank you thank you lol.